• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Luggage help!

Karlit0

Time of past OR future Camino
November 2023
Excited to start my Camino journey in Nov 2023, but I need some help!

I will arrive in Madrid with two luggages — a backpack just for the Camino and a carry-on luggage for the rest of my travels in Barcelona after completing the Camino. As I will not need my carry-on luggage during the Camino, is it possible to send it from a Madrid Correos branch to a Barcelona Correos branch, store it there for 12 days, before I collect it? Do all Correos branches do storage?

Are there any other alternatives?

Thank you!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
It might be possible, you would have to ask at the branch. An alternative would be to send your luggage to Casa Ivar in Santiago and pick it up at the end of your Camino.

Buen Camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I will be ending at Muxia on Friday. Will be making my way to SDC on Sunday to take a flight to Barcelona! I understand Casa Ivar is closed on Sunday so thats a problem!
Will you be finishing in Santiago? If so, send the extra luggage there. Either to the post office or to Casa Ivar.

Do you have a hotel reservation in Barcelona? You could contact the hotel to see what they would charge you to hold luggage if ship your luggage to them. Probably could use Correos or maybe DHL or another service. If you send with Correos, make sure you send it with the postage that includes a tracking number. I sent a package from the Camino to my Madrid hotel and it did not arrive and I had no tracking number. Somewhere in Spain are two nice rain ponchos and two nice silk liner bags...

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Sometimes its worth asking the horse instead of the bookie: https://www.correos.es/es/es/particulares/enviar/envios-nacionales/paq-maleta

Correos' paq-maleta service would appear to meet your needs but you need to ask them. There is an equivalent to the "post-restante" service of the International Postage Union but you'll need to establish Correos' approach and the only organization that can answer that question is Correos.

I will be ending at Muxia on Friday. Will be making my way to SDC on Sunday to take a flight to Barcelona! I understand Casa Ivar is closed on Sunday so thats a problem!
What day will you be in Santiago? You could pick it up from Ivar and take it to another luggage storage location that's open 7 days a week while you are on your way to Muxía.

Most read last week in this forum

I am trying to book a train from Santiago to Madrid on 7 May and find that all trains are full and also for about the preceding 3 or 4 days. If I go directly to the train station when I arrive...
I'm about to start the Camino Portuguese, and was wondering what rideshare options are available in Europe?
I'm flying to Madrid on Saturday evening, and then catching a train from Madrid Chamartín early on Sunday morning. To those who have been to both, is it better to spend the night in the airport or...
Hi all! I am trying to finish up the last bit of planning for our upcoming Camino, in two and a half weeks, from Sarria to Santiago de Compostela. We are kinda doing things a little backwards, as...
The why is in the article below. https://www.elcorreogallego.es/santiago/2024/05/07/concello-santiago-estudia-reforzar-conexiones-102021423.html
Where in Santiago can I catch the bus to the airport?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.