• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Luggage Storage in Lisbon

Terry&Dianna

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances September 1, 2017
We are starting our Portuguese Camino from Lisbon Apr 2 and need to locate excess luggage Storage in Lisbon (preferably near airport) until we are ready to fly home from Lisbon Airport in May (staying for a month prior to Camino in Abufierra hence the excess luggage). Any recommendations? Thank you.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Just back from Portugal/Lisbon and saw a number of places in the centre offering storage for cruise ship passengers. The main road (Rua Augusta) where the cruise ship passengers come into the city had a few.

Couple of app names came up Luggit.com (hotel recommended it) and UseBounce.com

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Whenever I have questions like this, I ask Google. In this case, I asked for "luggage storage near Lisbon airport," and several places came up, including UseBounce.com, mentioned by Corned Beef, above. Should run you about 5€ per day.

We are starting our Portuguese Camino from Lisbon Apr 2 and need to locate excess luggage Storage in Lisbon (preferably near airport) until we are ready to fly home from Lisbon Airport in May (staying for a month prior to Camino in Abufierra hence the excess luggage). Any recommendations? Thank you.
We arranged for Eurosender to pick up our luggage from the hotel in Lisbon and sent it direct to Ivar in Santiago de Compostela to hold until we arrived. By far the cheapest option.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
We arranged for Eurosender to pick up our luggage from the hotel in Lisbon and sent it direct to Ivar in Santiago de Compostela to hold until we arrived. By far the cheapest option.
Great advice...thank you.

We are also thinking of using Luggage Driver. Can you tell me roughly how much it cost? Regardless of what I put into their website, it always says €45? Did you collect it from Loop Inn at Santiago de Compostela?
I paid 40 Euros in 2022, so 45 sounds about right. I did have to pay a small fee (5 Euros or so) at the drop off point. I could have arranged pick up at my hotel, but I felt better handing my suitcase over at their drop off place rather than wondering if it had been picked up after I started walking.

Unfortunately, I didn't make it to Santiago that year, as I broke my wrist just north of Porto. But I contacted Luggage Driver, and they retrieved my suitcase from the Loop Inn and delivered it to where I was staying in Matosinhos (for an additional fee of course).

I have picked up a bag from the Loop Inn in the past (including last year), because that's where Express Bourricot, the company that ships bags to Santiago from SJPdP sends them. It's very convenient because they have a 24 hour reception desk, so you can pick up your bag whenever you want. I think that they may charge you a small pick up fee too. They don't when you ship with Express Bourricot, but I'm not sure that they have the same arrangement with Luggage Driver.

Edited to add: I just looked through my emails, and when I had the bag re-delivered to Matosinhos I was charged 40 Euros plus 5 Euros for storage at Loop Inn - total $45 Euros.

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I paid 40 Euros in 2022, so 45 sounds about right. I did have to pay a small fee (5 Euros or so) at the drop off point. I could have arranged pick up at my hotel, but I felt better handing my suitcase over at their drop off place rather than wondering if it had been picked up after I started walking.

Unfortunately, I didn't make it to Santiago that year, as I broke my wrist just north of Porto. But I contacted Luggage Driver, and they retrieved my suitcase from the Loop Inn and delivered it to where I was staying in Matosinhos (for an additional fee of course).

I have picked up a bag from the Loop Inn in the past (including last year), because that's where Express Bourricot, the company that ships bags to Santiago from SJPdP sends them. It's very convenient because they have a 24 hour reception desk, so you can pick up your bag whenever you want. I think that they may charge you a small pick up fee too. They don't when you ship with Express Bourricot, but I'm not sure that they have the same arrangement with Luggage Driver.

Edited to add: I just looked through my emails, and when I had the bag re-delivered to Matosinhos I was charged 40 Euros plus 5 Euros for storage at Loop Inn - total $45 Euros.
Thank you so much for this information, really appreciate your help. I feel a lot better about organizing this now . We leave May 5 , luggage was our only concern ( now I will be free of any anxiety) We also used Express Bourricot, walking into a shopfront and presenting your luggage to people eleviates any worries) thanks again 🙏

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.