Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Luggage Transfer on the Camino Primitivo???

irishgurrrl

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances Sept/Oct 2012
Camino Finisterre Oct 2012
Le Puy Route (Le Puy-en-Velay to St Jean Pied de Port) April/May 2014
[Kilimanjaro Sept 2014]
Le Puy Route (Le Puy-en-Velay to St-Chely d'Aubrac) May 2015
[Stevenson Route, France - April 2016]
The Way of St Francis (Sansepolcro to Assisi) May 2016
[The West Highland Way, Scotland - Sept 2016]
[The Kerry Way, Ireland - March 2017]
Next up:
Camino Primitivo (Oviedo-Lugo) end April-mid May 2017
[Everest Base Camp Trek, Nepal -- October 2017]
Hey folks,

I know this information is buried in one of the threads here but I cannot find it.

Can you post below if you have the relevant details (website, contact tel, cost etc) for baggage tranfer companies operating along the Primitivo and your experience of them. Someone mentioned the postal service offer it (http://www.elcaminoconcorreos.com/en/camino.php?c=the-primitive-way) and some other private company but the name escapes me. Also it might be useful to pin this post for future pilgrims?

Thanks in advance,

Eilish

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
There are a few private companies as well, but I know people who used the Correos last year and had absolutely nothing but praise. You can talk to a person easily, they track things exceedingly well, and are very helpful in general -- at least that's what my friends said.

There are a few private companies as well, but I know people who used the Correos last year and had absolutely nothing but praise. You can talk to a person easily, they track things exceedingly well, and are very helpful in general -- at least that's what my friends said.
Sounds like the best option then. Hoping I won't need to use it but good to have the option if I need it

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I used bag transfer a few times last year during the mini heat wave, there are at least two private companies operating, sorry I can't remember their names, they both seemed reliable, had printed labels for you to fill in etc.

Lugo public albergue seems not to accept bags, they go to a bar a few streets away where they get put in the cupboard under the stairs.

There is no need to book with the private companies, just pick up a label at the desk the night before, there is a little envelope attached to the label, you put in EUR3 I think it was.

I used bag transfer a few times last year during the mini heat wave, there are at least two private companies operating, sorry I can't remember their names, they both seemed reliable, had printed labels for you to fill in etc.

Lugo public albergue seems not to accept bags, they go to a bar a few streets away where they get put in the cupboard under the stairs.

There is no need to book with the private companies, just pick up a label at the desk the night before, there is a little envelope attached to the label, you put in EUR3 I think it was.

Thanks, that's good to know :)

I was thinking of using Correos for baggage transfer. Do you know if they will accept/transport a large dry sack instead of proper luggage?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Probably they will accept it.
For more in English on sending within Spain luggage/suitcases/backpacks by the Spanish Correos see this page from their handy web.
http://elcaminoconcorreos.com/en/envio-maletas.php

Buen camino!

Thank you! I've used baggage transfer companies that have accepted bin bags haha but as Correos is a state company I suspect they'd have stricter rules on these things! :)

I was thinking of using Correos for baggage transfer. Do you know if they will accept/transport a large dry sack instead of proper luggage?
Sorry I have never used Correos. They are likely stricter than the private companies.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I just used Correos to transport our duffel bag and found them to be reliable and easy to use. The Correos guy responded right away (on a Sunday) in English. We simply filled out Correos shipping label each day - provided at each hotel - and they picked it up and delivered it to our next hotel. It was €36 to move one duffel bag from Pola de Allende (we carried all our stuff up to then) to SdC over 10 days. No glitches at all.

I just used Correos to transport our duffel bag and found them to be reliable and easy to use. The Correos guy responded right away (on a Sunday) in English. We simply filled out Correos shipping label each day - provided at each hotel - and they picked it up and delivered it to our next hotel. It was €36 to move one duffel bag from Pola de Allende (we carried all our stuff up to then) to SdC over 10 days. No glitches at all.
Yeah that's who I ended up using too. Found them great.

Most read last week in this forum

I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...
https://www.alojamientoloshospitales.com/albergue I found a link to this place in an old thread, but can't find it on WisePilgrim, the Gronze map or if I search by address. Can someone tell me...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back