• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Mailing a Bag Forward?

Robo

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 15,16,18
VdlP 23, Invierno 23, Fisterra 23
The 'Boss' and I are planning some time in Europe next year and thought we should put aside a little time for a short Camino.

We are thinking of Le Puy to Conques.

But given we are doing other travelling, visiting relatives etc, we'll have a bit more with us than our hiking gear.
I'm trying to work out what we do first, i.e. the sequence of Camino v Holiday v Visiting Relatives
Probably Camino first.

So the question is........what would be the best way to send a bag from Le Puy to Conques?
Probably one like this. 60L bag. Any thoughts?

I'd know how to do it in Spain..... :oops:

1687693913798.png

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi @Robo. Bonjour!

You could start by emailing La Malle Postale. They are responsive. And offer all sorts of services along Le Chemin other than the typical day to day luggage transport

As long as you have somewhere to send it to that is happy to keep your bag. Again I’d ask La Malle about that.

No doubt there are other options including Poste Restante but that’s a start. 😎

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi @Robo. Bonjour!

You could start by emailing La Malle Postale. They are responsive. And offer all sorts of services along Le Chemin other than the typical day to day luggage transport

As long as you have somewhere to send it to that is happy to keep your bag. Again I’d ask La Malle about that.

No doubt there are other options including Poste Restante but that’s a start. 😎
Perfect! They will store our bag in Le Puy, and send it to Conques when we finish. Many thanks @mspath and @Pelerina

Perfect! They will store our bag in Le Puy, and send it to Conques when we finish. Many thanks @Pelerina
That’s perfect Robo. We (Australian / French couple) are living on the Le Puy way at present - in Lectoure, further on than you will walk. It’s a wonderful path. From Le Puy to Conques is something special. Lots of big hills though. Anything I can help with, feel free to PM. ❤️🇫🇷🇪🇸🎒🎒❤️

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
@Dave has written the recent cicerone guide in English:

I have it on my Kindle app and will be using it next week when we walk the Cele Variant.

Also forum member @BlackRocker57 (also Australian) is an aficionado of the Le Puy Way and a contributor to Dave’s guide. She is on the Le Puy at present - we will catch up in a few weeks.

So no shortage of compatriots keen to help where we can 😎

PS. And of course Gronze.

Last edited by a moderator:
Robo,

Be sure to read what Lovingkindness, and I have written in this earlier thread re Conques.

Conques is a very special place and worth more than a mad dash in/out. If you go do take time to visit slowly. Unfortunately it can be hyper busy in season thus be prepared for weekend mobs!!

Here is a fictional account re Conques and Le Puy by fellow forum member Robertt that you might enjoy.

Happy planning!

The 'Boss' and I are planning some time in Europe next year and thought we should put aside a little time for a short Camino.

We are thinking of Le Puy to Conques.

But given we are doing other travelling, visiting relatives etc, we'll have a bit more with us than our hiking gear.
I'm trying to work out what we do first, i.e. the sequence of Camino v Holiday v Visiting Relatives
Probably Camino first.

So the question is........what would be the best way to send a bag from Le Puy to Conques?
Probably one like this. 60L bag. Any thoughts?

I'd know how to do it in Spain..... :oops:

View attachment 150200
More on timing rather than bag transport.

One thing that I have now found twice is that when I put my Camino first and if then something doesn't go to plan and I need more time than expected for my Camino then that can cause issues especially if family have taken time off work or made other special arrangements on specific dates then I ran out of time for my Camino, had to take a break to do the family visits or other activities on specific dates and then come back to a disjointed Camino afterwards.

I would advise either scheduling a lot of time between your Camino and the fixed dates or trying to get the fixed date activities out of the way first so that your Camino can flex as needed.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
More on timing rather than bag transport.

One thing that I have now found twice is that when I put my Camino first and if then something doesn't go to plan and I need more time than expected for my Camino then that can cause issues especially if family have taken time off work or made other special arrangements on specific dates then I ran out of time for my Camino, had to take a break to do the family visits or other activities on specific dates and then come back to a disjointed Camino afterwards.

I would advise either scheduling a lot of time between your Camino and the fixed dates or trying to get the fixed date activities out of the way first so that your Camino can flex as needed.

That makes a lot of sense.

It will be a slowish journey anyway. At first glance, we'll do the 9 'stages' in 12 days.
I walk fairly slowly, but I'm a sprinter compared to Pat! :rolleyes:

And from what I've seen online, this is one that I want to savour at a slow pace...

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back