A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Mau @ Temple of Peace

Camino T-shirt

Derrybiketours

A journey of 500 miles begins with one step!
Camino(s) past & future
SJPdP-SANT-FIN (09/2018)
PORTO-SANT (11/2018)
Caminho Da Fe (01/2019)
SJPdP- Meseta (28/09/2019)
Good afternoon Pilgrim's!

Last year I met an American Pilgrim who suggested that I should meet with a man called Mau in his home that he calls the Temple of Peace. I believe it is located between San Anton and Castrojeriz.

Has anyone heard of this man, met him or could you shed light on this temple of peace and how I could go about making contact.

Many thanks
Kevin 🤠

Derrybiketours

Camino(s) past & future
SJPdP-SANT-FIN (09/2018)
PORTO-SANT (11/2018)
Caminho Da Fe (01/2019)
Yes, I have seen the place, but have never stayed there. Have you tried Googling it?
Thanks for your reply and maybe you could elaborate, my googling efforts have been unproductive. Can you specify exact location please?

Camino(s) past & future
Nearly every year since 2006, often walking more than one route.
Thanks for your reply and maybe you could elaborate, my googling efforts have been unproductive. Can you specify exact location please?
I'm sorry. I have no more information.
I just remember seeing it on the right hand side of the road as I walked.
Let me see what I can find out.

Derrybiketours

Camino(s) past & future
SJPdP-SANT-FIN (09/2018)
PORTO-SANT (11/2018)
Caminho Da Fe (01/2019)
Let me see what I can find out.
I would appreciate that, in my research I've stumbled across an interesting site that lists all alburgues across the route. I can't seem to locate any Alburgue referring to Temple of Peace. When you happened upon it did it look like an Alburgue and is it alongside the main walking route therefore i'll just happen upon it when I get there

Camino(s) past & future
Nearly every year since 2006, often walking more than one route.
I would appreciate that, in my research I've stumbled across an interesting site that lists all alburgues across the route. I can't seem to locate any Alburgue referring to Temple of Peace. When you happened upon it did it look like an Alburgue and is it alongside the main walking route therefore i'll just happen upon it when I get there

It seems it was right along the Camino. I rarely walk off of it. I remember it being on the right and seeing prayer flags, smelling incense, etc. He may not advertise. I don't know.

Derrybiketours

Camino(s) past & future
SJPdP-SANT-FIN (09/2018)
PORTO-SANT (11/2018)
Caminho Da Fe (01/2019)
Im surprised you didn't pop in, sounds intriguing. I'm looking forward now more than ever to finding out more when I get there. Does it look like the sort of place that you could stay in overnight?

Simon Wijma

You see me. I see you.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2012, Primitivo 2013, Ingles and partly La Plata 2014, partly Frances 2015/ 2016/ 2017
Good afternoon Pilgrim's!

Last year I met an American Pilgrim who suggested that I should meet with a man called Mau in his home that he calls the Temple of Peace. I believe it is located between San Anton and Castrojeriz.

Has anyone heard of this man, met him or could you shed light on this temple of peace and how I could go about making contact.

Many thanks
Kevin 🤠

Derrybiketours

Camino(s) past & future
SJPdP-SANT-FIN (09/2018)
PORTO-SANT (11/2018)
Caminho Da Fe (01/2019)
@Rich1 your reference to
Castrojeriz was catalyst for search 'mau near Castrojeriz' and look what turned up, mystery solved. Apparently it's called the temple of silence, might explain why my American friend suggested I ought to visit 🤠🙏

httpp://sobercamino.blogspot.com/2015/06/a-special-encounter-in-castrojeriz.html?m=1

Simon Wijma

You see me. I see you.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2012, Primitivo 2013, Ingles and partly La Plata 2014, partly Frances 2015/ 2016/ 2017

Thursday, 18 June 2015
A special encounter in Castrojeriz

© Nia Peiro

Touching moments watching this one and other photos Nia Peiro made with and of Mau Mariani.

Accompanied by pure wise words. There is one quote - the one that spoke loudest to my heart - I want to share with you: the ideal man is he who, in the moments of most intense activity, knows how to find the silence and the loneliness of the desert. This man has achieved sHospital del Alma, the hospital of the soul. Sure it can be.
Meanwhile (2018) the house is called The Temple of Silence

The garden
The Wild Chapel

Post a Comment

Home