• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

May in France

Sunopo

Time of past OR future Camino
VdlP, Hærvejen, Mozárabe,
Hello, I discovered this wonderful forum some months ago and it has allowed me to stay sane during the lockdowns here in France, thank you. I really would like to walk or bike the via de la Plata and will hopefully do so next year. Meanwhile.... France has just confirmed the country will open up for domestic travel on 3rd May, yeahh! I have planned and prepared to e-bike combined sections of chemin de Piemont (GR78), via Tolosana/Arles (GR653) & via Aurelia (GR 653a) and so will start out on the 6th May. I will stay mostly at campsites.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello, I discovered this wonderful forum some months ago and it has allowed me to stay sane during the lockdowns here in France, thank you. I really would like to walk or bike the via de la Plata and will hopefully do so next year. Meanwhile.... France has just confirmed the country will open up for domestic travel on 3rd May, yeahh! I have planned and prepared to e-bike combined sections of chemin de Piemont (GR78), via Tolosana/Arles (GR653) & via Aurelia (GR 653a) and so will start out on the 6th May. I will stay mostly at campsites.
Please make sure you read up on the VDLP if you do not already know alot about it. I personally would never walk it in the summer months. I will be doing it mid October 2021 (if possible of course). I have friends who have walked it. I was told by them it is not a camino for the new pilgrim. Maybe you are very experienced. Of course I do not know. I am very excited to do it. I look forward to the mental challenge that I have been told by all this camino presents.

Please make sure you read up on the VDLP if you do not already know alot about it. I personally would never walk it in the summer months. I will be doing it mid October 2021 (if possible of course). I have friends who have walked it. I was told by them it is not a camino for the new pilgrim. Maybe you are very experienced. Of course I do not know. I am very excited to do it. I look forward to the mental challenge that I have been told by all this camino presents.
Yes, like you I seek the mental challenge and also will avoid the summer months. I know that part of Spain from having driven through it a few times and love that kind of country, with the wide open spaces ( thinking of the Extremadura here). Experience? Perhaps not so much long distance walking, I walked the Stevenson trail a couple of years back but my main experience is mountain hiking since I am a mountain walk leader in my spare time. So, am looking forward to the mental challenge of long distance walking and the mental rebalancing it perhaps will bring. Meanwhile, my first challenge comes in May and I’m more than ready to get going. I ”camped out” last night in the tent to check out whether I’d be warm enough and my gear up to scratch. The neighbors must have wondered somewhat 😂.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.