A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

Medical Alert Bracelet

Nancyjr

Camino(s) past & future
2Xy3sRzrtWJKmuE
I’ve had a medical alert bracelet since I was diagnosed T1 in 2015. I have a pump and am allergic to penicillin and sulfa drugs. My family doctor urges me to wear one. I have my medical conditions and family emergency contact information engraved on it. EMT will have the important information that could save my life.
IMG_7230.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Penny Kingma

M.S. Can't Stop Me !
Camino(s) past & future
May 29th to July 4th 2016
SJPDP to Santiago
And many, many more I pray
Are they recognized worldwide?
Also with language barriers?
I also have a life threatening allergy to penicillin and high sensitivity to sulpha.
These concerns crossed my mind when I walked alone in 2016

happymarkos

HappyMark
Camino(s) past & future
2013 CF
2014 Le Puy-St Jean. 2014&16 Volunteer St JP
2016 Portuguese
2017 Porto-Santiago
I’ve had a medical alert bracelet since I was diagnosed T1 in 2015. I have a pump and am allergic to penicillin and sulfa drugs. My family doctor urges me to wear one. I have my medical conditions and family emergency contact information engraved on it. EMT will have the important information that could save my life.
View attachment 50960
I have had two hospital visits spanning 5 Caminos. Each in emergency for the day only. Spanish medical staff were frustrated as I did not have a printed copy of medical history and current medication.
Now carry these details.
BTW the treatment and tests were first class. Just mention “peregrinó “ and they were very attentive as it distinguished me from tourists.
Happymark

Jamieb

No medical conditions but husband a little concerned about me traveling alone - he purchased a nice ID bracelet for me from RoadID - has my name, hometown, his phone number and a second phone number on it in case of an emergency.

happymarkos

HappyMark
Camino(s) past & future
2013 CF
2014 Le Puy-St Jean. 2014&16 Volunteer St JP
2016 Portuguese
2017 Porto-Santiago
No medical conditions but husband a little concerned about me traveling alone - he purchased a nice ID bracelet for me from RoadID - has my name, hometown, his phone number and a second phone number on it in case of an emergency.
Hello Jamieb
Not sure which Camino you will be walking. For what its worth I have seen many solo women walkers and they usually pal up for some stages with another woman or group including women. Ages ranging from early 20s through to 60+. It may be of interest that in 2018 the statistics show more women registered at the pilgrims office than men.
Buen Camino
Happymark

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 37 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 133 15.6%
  • May

Votes: 205 24.0%