• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Members Photos

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Re: Javier and Sil near Maneru

I've just come across this happy photo.

As Clarissa said, it is indeed a treat to put faces to two people who have contributed so much to this wonderful resource and to individual peregrinos/as.

They and many other selfless contributors to this forum are icons of concern for the common good.

Salud!

Paul

How about a thread of our pictures? It is nice to see your picture, Sil and Javier.
Getting to know you,
Lillian

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Javier wrote:Javier from Pamplona

Ok I get it...now to completely clear this up and make recognizing you when I make my Way thru Pamplona...

How about a picture!

This also sets the rest of us Forum regulars up to insert one also...now where did I put my camera?

Buen Happy snaps Camino,
Arn

William and Bronwyn

WillandBron.jpg

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
This photo was taken at the end of five weeks cycling in the Loire in 2006. I am just about to cycle the last 13km from a railway station to my friend's place near Paris.

Attachments

• Me end blog.jpg
    Me end blog.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 7,731
vinotinto said:
How may we post a picture if we don't have a publicly accessible web server?

Took me a while to work it out too ;-) When you click on post a reply, down the bottom you see an 'options' tab. Right next to it, there is a tab for 'upload attachment'. I was able to use this to upload from my computer hard-drive.
Margaret

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Bonjour Ă  tous,

From Monique (my wife) and your humble servant in Brazil, in front of Iguaccu Falls... something else than the Camino Francès but both unforgettable experiences !

America%20999.jpg

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Wow-wee! I can't get over what a good looking bunch you all are on this Forum! Even though you have a photo of me with Javier, I thought I would share this one of me giving Jimmy a big hug!
And, do you know, that some people have tried prising the stones out of his coat! It was removed for cleaning a couple of years ago and has been replaced by fake stones because of the thefts.

Attachments

• Hugging the saint 103.jpg
    Hugging the saint 103.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 7,650
Hello all,

It's so nice to put a faces to so many names. Aren't we a good looking bunch of pilgrims!

Though I've kept a low profile, have been reading everything in the forum, secretly planning and training for a comeback this year. Have the equipment, will travel, just haven't purchase plane tickets yet. I'm still at the early planning stage starting out from thru SJPdP on, sometime during April/May.

Have to brush up on some french, no problem with spanish (my native language)!!

Just in case, I'm posting my photo and hope to run into some of you, sometime.

Buen camino a todos!! :arrow:

Attachments

• IMG_1742 c.jpg
    IMG_1742 c.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 7,413
WE ARE....a very good looking bunch of healthy happy folks.

VT...sardines are a favorite as are anchovies...but i draw the line at creamed herring...ugh!

Sil..it's a shame some folks would desecrate any religious or sacred icon. But, then, when I find one I have a way of making sure the stones they take away are crushed powder.

Buen smile please Camino,

Arn

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi all

This photo was taken at Christmas on a training walk in NZ with my sister. I'm on the right with short hair and glasses.

Thought I'd include some of the beautiful NZ scenery for you. We were on the Queen Charlotte Track in Marlborough Sounds, top of the South Island in NZ.

Start my Camino in 8 weeks from today! yeehah, nervous and excited.

cheers
Megan

Attachments

• megan-karen-nz-dec07.jpg
    megan-karen-nz-dec07.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 7,341
Arn said:
but i draw the line at creamed herring...ugh!

I tried raw herring with onions in Haarlem, Holland - not too bad!

By the way, you may have noticed my hat in the above picture - I didn't think about how military it looked (especially with the silver shell pin from the St. James Confraternity) until I got a couple of salutes in France, along with greetings by some Spanish military folks on the Camino (a group of them passed me by in a military vehicle). So, you may want to trot out your bush hat with silver oak leaf and see what happens...or not. :wink: :arrow:

Cyd said:
We were on the Queen Charlotte Track in Marlborough Sounds, top of the South Island in NZ.

Just out of curiosity - is that close to where the movie The Frighteners was filmed? That's a cool Peter Jackson flick, pre-LOTR... :arrow:

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
vinotinto said:
Cyd said:
We were on the Queen Charlotte Track in Marlborough Sounds, top of the South Island in NZ.

Just out of curiosity - is that close to where the movie The Frighteners was filmed? That's a cool Peter Jackson flick, pre-LOTR... :arrow:

Not really - the Frighteners was filmed in Lyttleton which is on the East coast of the South Island not far from Christchurch (biggest city on Sth Is). Though NZ is pretty small and you could drive from Picton (port town in Marlborough Sounds - where the inter island ferry arrives) to Lyttleton in less than a day, about 5 hours.

have you been to NZ VT? you'd love it I reckon

Cyd said:
have you been to NZ VT? you'd love it I reckon

No, but I think I'd like to. Between the Peter Jackson's movies, and Once Were Warriors, NZ looks like an interesting place to visit... :arrow:

Me and my fellow peregrinos from the UK sitting in the plaza in Cea (Ourense) after a shortish but hilly day on the Via de La Plata.

Now looking forward to six days in early May walking La Coruna - Santiago - Finisterre.

Jeremy.....Chris
Me..........Pete

Attachments

• Cea10.JPG
    Cea10.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 8,078
Last edited:
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
This is Paul(us) with my wife Hanneke dining in Arcy-sur-Cure on our walk from the north of France to Vezelay in spring this year 2007.

Herschaalde%20kopie%20van%20vezelay%20217.jpg

Hi, I am new here :!:
m_6b561c4a668eb8eb71249e3f182a0f15.jpg

At the moment I am in Munich, where it is snowing. Friday afternoon I got a flight to Biarriz and on Saturday I start my camino in SJPDP.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Right! I finally uploaded a photo! Between O Cebreiro and the San Roque statue, 22nd December 2007 in the glorious quiet of winter.

Gareth

Attachments

• OCEBREIRO22DEC07.jpg
    OCEBREIRO22DEC07.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 4,522
Hi Gareth,
I also tried to post a picture using the upload attachments button but have been unsuccessful. I thought it may have been because I use a Mac computer and that may be part of the problem, but someone told me it may be more to do with how the picture has been saved and what size it is. So if I ever figure out how to change the size of a picture on a Mac, I'll try again. In the meantime, you may want to look at the size of your pictures.
Here are some of Ivar's directions from the FAQ section "alter the size of the picture or make a copy so that it is no more than 600 pixels wide, this makes the pages no larger than normal." I can't figure out how to do this on my Mac, but maybe you can do it on your computer.
Good luck
cecelia

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Iam a techno retard but don't have any problems uploading photos! The only hassle will be if it is too large so, reduce the size and try and try again.

Click on Uplaod attachment
Click on browse - mine takes me to my folders where I choose a photograph
Once you have chosen the photo click on Add the file

If you are uploading more than one photo click on 'place in line"

Easy peasy!

sillydoll said:
Iam a techno retard but don't have any problems uploading photos! The only hassle will be if it is too large so, reduce the size and try and try again.
You're not such a techno retard as me. I finally did it and I did exactly what I was doing yesterday. No idea why it worked this time. :roll: So here's another, just to practise... Picture taken in the Montes de Oca on the long slog in the August heat to San Juan de Ortega.

Attachments

• MONTES_DE_OCA.JPG
    MONTES_DE_OCA.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 4,431
Great photo - but it reminds me of one of those 'What's missing from the picture' pages. I looked at it and puzzled over it for a while then it srtuck me - where is your backpack??

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
sillydoll said:
where is your backpack??

Eaten by wolves... (Well, this is the Montes de Oca, after all!) No, Sil: the pack is platform for the camera, taking the photo on automatic. By the way, when I walked through here in August there were clearly signs of some new developments. Men with those measuring tripods - what are they called (theodolytes?) - were busying themselves and a few bulldozers were lurking. What's happening?

Poignant to this photo: within an hour of sitting here, I was chatting to Don Jose Maria in S.Juan de Ortega. I've now put a tribute video and the garlic soup recipe on my blog:

http://whizz-kidz-pilgrim.blogspot.com

Gareth

Gareth,
As you keep going on that piece of road, the trail widens and many many future roads cross it. It looked like a huge neighborhood was being planned. It was all under construction and I expect that in the near future, it will have structures built on those "city sized" blocks.
:|
Lillian

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
It is wonderful indeed to finally link the names to the faces! What a good idea! I am attaching mine hoping to recognize and be recognized by some of you that may be leaving Roncesvalles on the first of June... Sumachado from Brazil.

Attachments

• Rio 2008 Leblon001_edited.jpg
    Rio 2008 Leblon001_edited.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 4,240
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Re: Members Photos - how much fun you can have

just to show you what can happen when you let loose in Monte gozo... it's not all serious by any means..

Attachments

• montegozo.jpg
    montegozo.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 4,164
Hi Folks

Great to see so many photos of forum members. Our photo shows us having a very welcome vino tinto after arriving on Santiago in May 2007.

See you on the Camino!
John & Gen

Attachments

• JandG.jpg
    JandG.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 4,051
It's so nice to see everyone...I loved your letting it all go photo! suzannedarosa! I can't wait to be on the Camino.
Buen Camino to those who are walking now!
Clarisa

Hi everybody
It was really good idea to create Members Photos forum.
Now I can see that people who share their experiences with other members are real human beings. Ha ha ha.
I start my camino on 10th of April. I'll arrive to SJPDP in the evening.
Unfortunately I can't post my photo. I'm a mac user and like Cecelia can't attach my photo.
See me on camino
Andy

andy_h said:
...I can't post my photo. I'm a mac user...
Ssssssh! You'll get Mac users a bad name!

Seriously though, I had a bit of a problem myself, trying to post a photo the first time. Eventually it was pointed out to me that the max. file-size for photos is set very low on this site. Nothing to do with a Mac at all. My photos in this thread were uploaded from a Macbook Pro.

Reduce the file-size and try again. If you haven't got the photo-editing software to do this, post me your photo full-size by email and I'll return it to you reduced, then you can try posting it again: garethomas (a) gmail.com*

Gareth

*replace (a) with @ to make valid email address.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Arriving in Santiago August 2007. Martin and I on the left with two German friends we met on the Camino. Shell :D

Attachments

• 1441047-Camino finish.jpg
    1441047-Camino finish.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 3,937
andy_h said:
stil can't work
I changed file size to 18kB and can't attach it
:cry:
Hmmm... what is the error message that you are getting? ... and what is the file type of your picture? (Is it .jpg, .gif, or .png?)

Greetings from Bergen Norway,
Ivar

Hi Ivar
Thanks for greetings.
There is no message.
When I press Img button it shows me exactly this:

Thats it
My files are jpg ones
Ok folks. Just see my website I just created to show my photos from the camino.
There is more about me.
Have great time at home Ivar.
Andy

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
This is my third go round...finally think I have it all covered...using a pc (sorry Gareth and to my oldest son Peter! but me and that MAC...we .. tolerate each other) Guess it's what your used to. The pictue I'm going to try and attach is my friend Moniqe and I in New York City last weekend for a 1/2 marathon! She ran..I speed walk...figured it'd be good Camino training...did 13.1 in just over 3 hours!! w/no breaks and no food stops...think I'm ready??? only 42 more days....I could just scream from anticipation! Hoping to see some of you on the Road!
Buen Camino, Karin

Ok...apparently Mo isn't getting posted here! the file was still too large!! Ahhhhhh so frustrating but am starting to get the hang of it!

Attachments

• half marathn prep meal 2.jpg
    half marathn prep meal 2.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 4,731
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hola, tuulis!
It's nice that here are others from Finland too. I am a 44-year-old man from Southern Finland and I'll start my Camino in the end of this month. I spend a week in Maspalomas on last November and I can speak some spanish. I hope that will help me in Spain. Buen camino , tuulis. Hyvää matkaa.

A few stats on pilgrims from Finland.
427 people from Finland received the compostela last year. 408 in 2006 and 272 in 2005 302 in 2004.
So far, 417 pilgrims have stayed at the CSJ refuge Gaucelmo at Rabanal. From 1995 onwards the numbers were: 2 3 7 19 15 31 37 31 50 64 71 48 38
There is a very good Finnish blog - In Finnish and English at : http://www.geocities.com/tuijalehtonen/ ... amino.html

Hi ,
There are some groups leaving from Finland this year. The magazines and newspapers write about the camino and people get to know stories of pilgrims. That´s why Finnish camino stats look nicer, I think.
About training...Today I walked with a two heavy stones in my bagback. This way I get beautiful stones round my flower-bed. Tuulis

This is me in July last year, I think the picture is taken just before the ascent to Alto de Perdon, but I might be wrong. I was so dead tired a few hours after this, I had no idea I would struggle so much physically with the Camino. I knew it would be hard (and that hard isn't neccessarily bad), but I just wasn't prepared for my body to work so much against me. "The first two weeks exercises your body, the last two weeks exercises your brain", a wise and funny French gentleman told me. I guess I never made it to the brain part - but I will this year, for sure!

Besos, Tonje

Attachments

• Tonje Camino Frances1.jpg
    Tonje Camino Frances1.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 4,343
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Tonjesol said:
I was so dead tired a few hours after this, I had no idea I would struggle so much physically with the Camino.

Besos, Tonje

Wasn't that caused by carrying that foldable fishermans chair? ;)))
Kind regards. Kuba.

kubapigora said:
Wasn't that caused by carrying that foldable fishermans chair? ;)))
Kind regards. Kuba.

Smartypants! :wink: Well, what is a good Norwegian without her fisherman's chair/backpack?

Saludos, Tonje - still waiting for the trout to bite

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Eva...love your little pic on the side...but apparently your computer (much as mine the first few go rounds...) didn't actually attach your pic....Please try again....love to see other's photos...selves, camino etc etc...need to fix mine to..way to freaking big...ah well....gotta love my Mac

k

William Marques said:
I can see Eva's photo on Microsoft Internet Explorer.
I can see it fine using Firefox on a mac.

Since this page has several images, you might have to wait a bit for all the images to load if you are on a slow connection.

Saludos,
Ivar

Haven't been in here for awhile, but just came across this Members Photos Board! Might as well add my mother and I to the mix!

It can't believe it's been 2 years since we did the Camino Portugues. Glad to see this site is thriving as much as ever.

Pax et Bonum,
Athena

Attachments

• P7200106.jpg
    P7200106.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 4,004
hi Folks
Hoping to do the Camino Inglias in October 2008. Have you any idea what the weather will be like?
Will a week be long enough, and is there any other pointers I should know about. Thanks Steven from Edinburgh

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
This photo was taken on the Camino Frances in August 2008. My two Spanish companions and I stopped in a Casa Rural for a cafe con leche. I'm in the middle.
Buen Camino,

Attachments

• Oscar, Malena & me.jpg
    Oscar, Malena & me.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 3,802
This is me getting acquainted with a fellow pilgrim outside the Burgos Cathedral, June 2008.
Margaret

Attachments

• IMG_2624.jpg
    IMG_2624.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 3,299
What fun to see all your smilinf, friendly faces! :cool:

You know what would also be fun (especially for those of us who have yet to make the pilgrimage ourselves) - photos of the actual backpacks and/or contents. And maybe some commentary on what NOT to do or what one would do if they had "do overs!"

Sigh - about 8 months before I head off to my own big adventure on the Camino...I am cultivating patience...

Life is good...
"Ginn"
In Usually Sunny Santa Fe, Watching the Rain Come Tumbling Down

Hi Ginn,

I (like so many others) have a public webalbum of my caminos. I posted the link in another thread here (I honestly can't remember where!) but here they are again if you are interested. No photos of the contents of the mochila, but a few photos of them.

Roncesvalles to Santiago: July/Aug 2007 - http://picasaweb.google.com/aStoirin/CaminoDeSantiago

Moratinos to Santiago: July/Aug 2008 - http://picasaweb.google.com/aStoirin/Ca ... ntiago2008

Santiago/MuxĂ­a/Fisterra: Aug. 2008 - http://picasaweb.google.com/aStoirin/Th ... August2008

Buen Camino,

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I don't have any web based images of me, sadly. It'd be such a nice surprise to finally meet or at least find someone from days gone by.

Ahhh Minkey...Com'on... I fly over...take yer photo..fly home and post it!! (Although the way today's been, Ah ain't comin back!! Ah aint!)

Surely somebody has a camera...and can figure out how to post it..hell the system didn't crash when I posted mine! LOL! the screen didn't crack...eyes didn't melt, people didn't run screaming into the streets....

ante up kiddo!!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
ksam said:
Surely somebody has a camera...and can figure out how to post it..hell the system didn't crash when I posted mine!

But, on the other hand Karin, you haven't personalised your avatar yet; and there is at least one other Forum member using the US flag, so it is good to individualise your avatar. It is not an easy thing to upload here, so that may be the reason why some people don't bother with it. A few weeks ago, I reduced in Photoshop - to well below the desired file-size and 80 x 80 format - a nice little photo of my encounter with the lovely pilgrim statue at Chatellerault (taken in May when I walked from Worcester to Santiago). But could I upload it? No way. I had already taken down my previous avatar, so I tried to reload that. It wouldn't accept that either!

I don't have time for this kind of messing about, so I just gave up on it. The only reason I've got my avatar loaded up now is due to Ivar's kindness. I told him about it and he loaded it up for me. Anyone had similar problems, or is it just me being stoopid with the pooter...?

Anyway, now it's up there, I'm quite pleased with the avatar. I like the way my bourdon is lined up exactly parallel to the bourdon of the wooden pilgrim: it symbolises for me walking a parallel path, within the tradition, and being part of a community rather than walking on some isolated and unconnected individual spiritual quest. Or is some historian genius in the Forum now going to prove to me that the Chatellerault statue is based on an obscure French heretic who pretended to look like a Catholic pilgrim...? :wink:

Anyway, going back to the point, why don't you reduce that nice portrait you included above and make it into an avatar, Karin? Where does this word 'avatar' come from anyway? It makes us sound like space invaders... ("Hello, I'm Avatar from the planet Manjarin: take me to your leader...")

Gareth

P.S. Or another suggestion: post a photo of that delicious home-made Christmas beer you were talking about. That would be a very distinctive avatar... :D

To change your avatar (the small image that some people have by their user name in each post), you can do that in your user profile here:
ucp.php?i=profile&mode=avatar

If anyone have problems adding your avatar, please e-mail me the avatar picture (it needs to be small) and I will manually add it for you. ivar.rekve at gmail dot com

Saludos,
Ivar

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Not a great photo for identifying me, but that was a real Wow moment. It all happened in an instant on the stage from Castrojeriz to Fromista. I had climbed a short distance and this view opened up before me. I took photo by placing camera on a few rocks.
Thanks to Anniesantiago I've uploaded my first photo.

Buen Camino

Brian.

2dihq9c.jpg

crackmrmac said:
Not a great photo for identifying me, but that was a real Wow moment. It all happened in an instant on the stage from Castrojeriz to Fromista. I had climbed a short distance and this view opened up before me. I took photo by placing camera on a few rocks.
Brian.

I know exactly the place you mean, when suddenly we reached the top, and all we could see was crops stretching to the horizon, then sky. I think we all went "Wow!" too! But I saw a much greener view mid-June.
Margaret

€60,-
berth41 said:
2 old men on a bench Burgos june 2008 .
One of us petrified .
Berth41
Heh, on August 28 I posted a photo of me with the same old man. He is a very friendly chap really, used to the strange requests of pilgrims to sit with him!
Margaret

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The one who is petrified of course ! By the way going through Sarria , I've met some Kiwis along the track just past the little bridge that crosses the river and enters into the wonderfull forest , which reminded me of Tolkien's Lord of the Rings . I was the guy pushing his bike up this track !

berth41 said:
The one who is petrified of course ! By the way going through Sarria , I've met some Kiwis along the track just past the little bridge that crosses the river and enters into the wonderfull forest , which reminded me of Tolkien's Lord of the Rings . I was the guy pushing his bike up this track !
It wasn't me: I walked the last bit from Sarria with two buddies I had made from Quebec. But there were a few Kiwis around at the same time - a couple of young women, a young couple, an older couple, plus a 'paying' group who were staying in more upmarket places.... I think you must mean the little bridge out of Portomarin perhaps? We got up quite early to avoid the heat that day, as it had been terribly hot the day before, and we even had to use a little torch for a short while up the hill in that forest over the bridge. What date were you walking in that area?
Margaret

It was near the end of June . If you were there , you would have remembered me and my bike in the woods . Some people suggested to come and ride in New Zealand , which I will some time in the near future . :mrgreen:

€60,-
We were just days apart then..... 1 July was the day I was in that enchanted forest 8)
Margaret
Riding in NZ...hmmmm.... I did that today...and I got a puncture :roll:

Bon soir madamme ,
Vraiment Vous avez raison , il faut aller très doucement on a beaucoup des kilomètres a marcher du Puy a Santiago . It's not every day one finds somebody in NZ who speaks French.My compliments ,I've read your Blog.I stayed in the municipal albergue in Astorga , small rooms but everything neat and clean plenty of cooking facilities and FREE INTERNET they had two computers there . I am arranging my fotos and stories of my camino so I can put them on the i'net .
Berth41 8)

Merci berth41! Je peux parler plus facilement en francais apres le Chemin, mais c'est difficile pour moi a ecrire!

I wished I had stayed in the municipal albergue in Astorga: everyone sang its praises! In San Javier we had a very hot night of it, jammed together under the roof in a large overcrowded dorm. People used large plastic drink bottles to jam open the windows in the ceiling and get some air through for sleeping. Then at about 4am, there was a huge thunderstorm, so sleepy groggy people had to pull their bottles out and close all the windows. A night to remember I guess!
Margaret

€83,-
Over the last 120 km I met some of the most fantastic folks...an a few with social problems...I among them. We would see one another as we moved along, or stopped for the night and we all seemed to be going at a different pace...one day moving with nary a stop, the next day stopping early and smelling the roses..or was it sun flowers?

My arrival in Santiago was emotional on several counts: 1. is the actual arrival..just in time for the pilgrims Mass, 2. was meeting other peregrino who were genuinely happy to see I'd made it, 3. Going with them to the Peregrinos Office and receiving my Compostela, 4. finding a bar and having a Cerveza Grande ( or 2 or 3...maybe 4).

Here's a pic on that grand day. God bless you all.

Arn

Attachments

• SantiagoA.jpg
    SantiagoA.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 4,028
Great photo Arn! And a smile to boot! Happy New Year!!

Nice pics so .. well .... Spring in the year 7 just outside ... .. Logrono (driving not walking!)

and with my son and second grandson :wink:

Attachments

• Along the Camino Frances (450 x 338).jpg
    Along the Camino Frances (450 x 338).jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 3,835
  • boys phone pic.jpg
    boys phone pic.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 3,025

€83,-
Hi everyone, as there are a number of members photos on line I thought I would give it a go. This was taken on the beach in St. Ive's Bay, Cornwall, U.K. Hope I can get one on the cliffs in Finisterre.

Terry

Attachments

• Terry.jpg
    Terry.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 3,714
I think we should have a special group for the pelo-de-plata-peregrinos!
Arn, Berth41 and David you guys might just qualify with the few silvery threads in the beard!
The rest of the chicos and chicas will have to form their own group!

Sil suggested:Arn, Berth41 and David you guys might just qualify with the few silvery threads in the beard!

Sign me up!!!

And the next time...I'll have a more scholarly look!!

Or is that a more penitent Look?

Buen Camino

Arn

I would like to add a picture, but I am having no luck uploading....anyone have any tricks?

Thanks, Kelly

Oh wait, it worked!! This is my fiance and I on the steps in front of the cathedral in Santiago.
[And enjoying the sunset in Finisterre...

Attachments

• cathedral.jpg
    cathedral.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 3,541
  • Camera 2_ Galicia to Paris 317.jpg
    Camera 2_ Galicia to Paris 317.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 3,543

€83,-
And...wearing your packs w/rain covers!!! Yes you are in Santiago!! Should put that photo on your invites!! Attention Getter!

Buen Camino, Karin

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.