• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Miam Miam Dodo guide for Camino Frances

lbpierce

Linda Breen Pierce
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Hi all and Happy New Year,

I live in Mexico and want to buy the Miam Miam Dodo guide for Camino Frances. I don't see it on the US version of Amazon. I am a bit concerned about ordering it directly from the publisher in France due to shipping costs and the unreliability of the postal service here in Mexico.

I will be flying into Madrid. Does anyone know if this guide is generally available in Madrid or somewhere else? I will be starting my Camino in Roncesvalles.

Gracias.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Amazon does normally stock the MMD (all three versions actually: Le Puy, Arles, and Frances). However, it is updated annually in time for the spring walking season. So last year's stock has been exhausted (see the dramatic increase in pilgrims from English-speaking areas especially the US, discussed elsewhere on this forum), and the new edition is not yet out. It normally is available in Feb-Mar. You might find it earliest from one of the Amazon/Europe sites (amazon.uk or amazon.fr) but then there is the issue of increased shipping, as you mentioned.

That is great news that Amazon US is likely to carry this guide in Feb/March. I can order things from Amazon to be shipped to Mexico for a reasonable price and the books do get here. thanks for the tip.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
That is great news that Amazon US is likely to carry this guide in Feb/March.
While I may have missed seasonal listings of MMD on amazon.com, I have always had to buy it on amazon.fr. I don't think that it is certain that you will find it on the U.S. site later in the year. Madrid might have almost everything in its bookstores, but English language guidebooks in Santiago are hard to find. There was one copy of Brierley's book in the bookstore across from the tourist office. No one else seemed to have it.

Good luck finding the book, and have a buen camino.

Another option would be for me to buy it on Amazon.fr and have it shipped to my hotel in Madrid. Thanks for all the ideas.

I walked the camino without any special guide book, just list of albergeus and simple maps I'd found on the net , the trail is so welcoming, you will have almost no problems managing. If yuo decide to walk in July on a holy year planning to get to Santiago before the 25th you might have some problems, I suggest you book ahead on private albergues and this will allow you to walk more hours every day, more mileage if you chose, and not rushing to get the albergues before 1300. The conditions are much better, price is still cheap, most of them serve dinner and help you with luggage transfer if you need it or making reservations ahead.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I've used Miam Miam Dodo for Le Puy to St. Jean and it is great, so I assume the Camino Frances book is similar. I ordered my copy from the Confraternity of St. James, they stock it in their bookstore. I've ordered several guide books from them over the years, and have always had a hassle-free experience in terms of currency conversion and shipment to the US. So I assume Mexico would be easy, too.

Their website says that they have the 2013 Miam Miam Dodo guide on order.

http://www.csj.org.uk/acatalog/The_CSJ_ ... des_7.html

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

Zubiri was full early yesterday (by 2:30, according to some pilgrims who came to Pamplona today), but Zubiri opened up a municipal building just past the town for some pilgrims to sleep on the...
My friend is trying to figure out bookings/lodging. She started in SJPDP Friday, ended up walking the Winter route to Roncesvalles in one day, only to find no bed so bused back to SJPDP to sleep...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
A message has just been posted on the Facebook account of the albergue in Roncesvalles. It seems the combination of pilgrim numbers beyond their capacity and poor weather has made this a difficult...
I’m on the Camino Frances since April 4. I just finished the Meseta and it feels unpleasantly busy and has since the beginning. No time time to smell the roses or draw much. There is a sense from...
The group running the albergue in the ruins of the San Anton monastery near Castrojeriz have announced that the albergue and the ruins will be closed from 1 May until the ruins have been made...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back