• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ms Walker Requests

ms walker

I did part of the walk in may of this year (2013) and found folks on the forum most helpful with their answers to my questions before going,going back on 17th Sept. to cover another section from Pamplona onwards (2 weeks).
I would like to know is there a bus from Bilbao airport to Pamplona or does one have to go into Bilbao bus station and if so what are the connections like from the airport ? I know there is a bus from the station at 15.30 but as I only arrive at the airport at that time it would prob. be the 18.00 to Pamplona.
Also, anyone any ideas on accommodation in Pamplona, there will be 2 of us and would prefer a private room in small hotel or hostel -40 euros or less would be ok.
We will prob stay 2 days and then will take a bus to Puente la Reina or Estella and will walk different sections up to Burgos, any advice on accommodation along route would be very much appreciated.
Places I intend to visit are Santo Domingo (avoiding Belorodo) Ortego, Najera - reason being that I walked through all of these places for MS charity more years ago than I care to think about.
Tip for fellow travellers along the route beyond Leon, Molinaseca is well worth a visit, it's on the river, has not changed in all the many years since I first passed through, and the people are very helpful. I will try and turn-up the name of the hostel we stayed in back in May of this year and post it- the folk there were very helpful

Moved from How to Post a Question in the Forum thread in FAQs by Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hate to tell you but there is no direct bus from Bilbo airport to Pamplona. You have to come into town ( 20 min. ride) and at the same bus station get a bus for Pamplona.Time for buses are at 10 am, 1pm, 3:30 pm, 6 pm and 8:30 pm. the ride takes about 1 hour & 30 minute. These times are for weekdays, Monday thru Saturday.
Hope to have been of some help.

Buen Camino!

Hate to tell you but there is no direct bus from Bilbo airport to Pamplona. You have to come into town ( 20 min. ride) and at the same bus station get a bus for Pamplona.Time for buses are at 10 am, 1pm, 3:30 pm, 6 pm and 8:30 pm. the ride takes about 1 hour & 30 minute. These times are for weekdays, Monday thru Saturday.
Hope to have been of some help.

Buen Camino!

many thanks- arriving bilbao airport tuesday 17th sept and well prob. get the 6pm. regards-msw.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I sure have and your welcome. Shame I couldn´t be of more help

Buen Camino!

Last April, four of us stayed at a lovely small hotel in Pamplona not far from the albergue called Castillo de Javier. Don't remember how much it cost though but it was reasonable. This was after we recoiled in horror after seeing a place listed in Brierley (I hesitate to name it because I am not sure which one it was).

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Castillo de Javier
LSHS
Double room 63 € 270 €
Double room with hot tub 69 € 270 €
Extra bed 24 € 85 €
Single room 45 € 200 €
Breakfast 4,30 € Incluído
High season from 05/07/2012 until 15/07/2012 - San Fermin
8% V.A.T. included in this prices

Hostal Bearan
Calle San Nicolas 25
31001 Pamplona

Categoría de habitación Individual Doble
Habitación Temporada Baja* 38€ 45€
Habitación Temporada Media* 45€ 50€

Last edited by a moderator:
Last April, four of us stayed at a lovely small hotel in Pamplona not far from the albergue called Castillo de Javier. Don't remember how much it cost though but it was reasonable. This was after we recoiled in horror after seeing a place listed in Brierley (I hesitate to name it because I am not sure which one it was).

much appreciated, thanks.

Castillo de Javier
LSHS
Double room 63 € 270 €
Double room with hot tub 69 € 270 €
Extra bed 24 € 85 €
Single room 45 € 200 €
Breakfast 4,30 € Incluído
High season from 05/07/2012 until 15/07/2012 - San Fermin
8% V.A.T. included in this prices

Hostal Bearan
Calle San Nicolas 25
31001 Pamplona

Categoría de habitación Individual Doble
Habitación Temporada Baja* 38€ 45€
Habitación Temporada Media* 45€ 50€

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
name of the hostel in molinaseca which we found very good and well located just over the bridge as you
enter is, hostel el palacio, nice rooms and quiet, the rate was 50 euro for the room
its a lovely walk fromrabanal to molinaseca but the last section down the mountain is very rough and
would prob. be tricky in wet weather however there is the option of using the road which is not busy and
although longer one would travel faster (and safer)
a note on foncebaden, when i passed through 23 years ago there was a pack of wild dogs roaming the
village which was a bit scary, and only one old woman who told us it was said on some nights the ghosts
of long since dead pilgrims could be heard walking through the village- believe it or not thats the story
she told me. present day pilgrims will be pleased to know that the wild dogs are now gone, we only
came accross two when we passed through back in may of this year and thay were chained.
as for the ghosts we never heard any but then again we didnt stay overnight !
as a matter of interest i happened to tell the story to a monk the previous day in rabanal and he
confirmed that the old lady did live alone in foncebaden for many years and died only last year.
bien camino from ms walker.

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back