• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Muxia to A Coruna to Oviedo by bus in September

Time of past OR future Camino
CF: Leon-SdC 2016
CF: SJPD-Leon & CP 2023
I found some information on how to get from Muxia to A Coruna on another thread via Arriva bus without going back to Santiago. (https://arriva.es/es/galicia)
The attached pix shows the results departing Muxia at 6am and arriving A Coruna at 8:06am. What does (Direct from Carballo) mean? It doesn't give me the option of buying a ticket online. I would like to purchase the ticket in advance but how do I do that? Is there an Arriva ticket office in Santiago? I will be there several days before I need the ticket. I don't want to get caught in a situation that the bus is full and we can't get to Oviedo.
I assume there is 1 bus station in Muxia? I am catching an ALSA bus in A Coruna leaving for Oviedo at 10am. Will I arrive and depart at the same bus station in A Coruna?
This is all so confusing!! If someone knows an easier way to get from Muxia to Oviedo, please advise!!

Attachments

• Muxia-A Coruna.pdf
    347.9 KB · Views: 9
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I found some information on how to get from Muxia to A Coruna on another thread via Arriva bus without going back to Santiago. (https://arriva.es/es/galicia)
The attached pix shows the results departing Muxia at 6am and arriving A Coruna at 8:06am. What does (Direct from Carballo) mean? It doesn't give me the option of buying a ticket online. I would like to purchase the ticket in advance but how do I do that? Is there an Arriva ticket office in Santiago? I will be there several days before I need the ticket. I don't want to get caught in a situation that the bus is full and we can't get to Oviedo.
I assume there is 1 bus station in Muxia? I am catching an ALSA bus in A Coruna leaving for Oviedo at 10am. Will I arrive and depart at the same bus station in A Coruna?
This is all so confusing!! If someone knows an easier way to get from Muxia to Oviedo, please advise!!
Hello,

I took the bus at 6am this morning from Muxia to A Coruña. The buses all stop at a marked zone on the main road. It is the starting point so only a few of us got on therefore no issues of a full bus. You buy the ticket from the driver...approximately 8euro. The route makes a few road stops but the only depot stop is at Carballo but you stay on and quite a few more passengers got on. It arrived promptly in A Coruña station which is not huge so you should easily make your connection.

I hope this helps.

It doesn't give me the option of buying a ticket online. I would like to purchase the ticket in advance but how do I do that?
My experience with these regional bus services is that you cannot do that easily. That said, Monbus does seem to provide this, but I don't know about Arriva.
Is there an Arriva ticket office in Santiago?
You might try going down to the bus station. It isn't all that far unless you are well over the other side of the city.
What does (Direct from Carballo) mean?
Many services will stop regularly at different villages and hamlets. Direct from Carballo would mean that this will be the last scheduled stop, and you wouldn't be able to get on or off after that before reaching Coruna.
I don't want to get caught in a situation that the bus is full and we can't get to Oviedo.
It is a risk. But there are 23 stops on that route before Carballo, so you might expect that the bus won't be full from the outset. If it a service that needs to be signalled to get it to stop, you might not stop at all of these.
Will I arrive and depart at the same bus station in A Coruna?
You will need to arrive at Coruna EA (Estacion de Autobuses) if you are transferring between different bus companies. If you want to be really sure, check your ALSA ticket to see that it is leaving from there.

ps two hours will be ample. Delays do occur, but short of something major, don't expect any more than 10 or 15 minutes. Depending on the facilities, you might want to go for a wander around to find a nice coffee. Although be back to check where your ALSA service leaves a few minutes beforehand. The regional buses depart pretty much on time unless they are late arriving.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hello,

I took the bus at 6am this morning from Muxia to A Coruña. The buses all stop at a marked zone on the main road. It is the starting point so only a few of us got on therefore no issues of a full bus. You buy the ticket from the driver...approximately 8euro. The route makes a few road stops but the only depot stop is at Carballo but you stay on and quite a few more passengers got on. It arrived promptly in A Coruña station which is not huge so you should easily make your connection.

I hope this helps.
Thank you so much @dreymorris -- it does help!! How did you know where to catch the bus? I guess I can ask around once in Muxia but I like knowing things beforehand!! Thanks again!

My experience with these regional bus services is that you cannot do that easily. That said, Monbus does seem to provide this, but I don't know about Arriva.

You might try going down to the bus station. It isn't all that far unless you are well over the other side of the city.

Many services will stop regularly at different villages and hamlets. Direct from Carballo would mean that this will be the last scheduled stop, and you wouldn't be able to get on or off after that before reaching Coruna.

It is a risk. But there are 23 stops on that route before Carballo, so you might expect that the bus won't be full from the outset. If it a service that needs to be signalled to get it to stop, you might not stop at all of these.

You will need to arrive at Coruna EA (Estacion de Autobuses) if you are transferring between different bus companies. If you want to be really sure, check your ALSA ticket to see that it is leaving from there.

ps two hours will be ample. Delays do occur, but short of something major, don't expect any more than 10 or 15 minutes. Depending on the facilities, you might want to go for a wander around to find a nice coffee. Although be back to check where your ALSA service leaves a few minutes beforehand. The regional buses depart pretty much on time unless they are late arriving.
Thanks Doug, I appreciate your input!

Thank you so much @dreymorris -- it does help!! How did you know where to catch the bus? I guess I can ask around once in Muxia but I like knowing things beforehand!! Thanks again!
It's a very small town, there is only one spot on the main road and on the pavement it says bus and there is a big sign. Everyone knows where it is...you'll have no problem 😊!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, At this stage looks like we are going to finish in SdC on Friday, our flight home is only Monday night. The weather forecast doesnt look to be promising - showers over the whole weekend...
Hi all We are walking the reverse Camino from Muxia to Santiago via Fisterra. Any tips or information to help us on our way?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back