• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino My Camino Finisterre and Muxía 2023

David Tallan

Staff member
Time of past OR future Camino
1989, 2016, 2018, 2023, 2024...
Days 45: Santiago de Compostela to Negreira (Camino Finisterre/Muxia Day 1)
21.75 km

This is a continuation from my Camino de Madrid, my Camino de San Salvador, my Camino Primitivo, and my Santiago de Compostela interlude, which I posted in those sub-forums.

Today I walked with memories. First and foremost, from my Camino seven years ago, with my son Toby, when we walked this same route. But also from the early days of this journey. I know that many people use the additional time of the walk to Finisterre and/or Muxia, a sort of denouement to their Camino de Santiago, to start processing what they've experienced. So I spent some time as well thinking back to the early days of my journey on the Camino de Madrid. Of course, it also struck me that processing the journey was a trifle premature. It isn't quite over yet, as my body was wont to remind me.

Since a breakfast buffet was included at San Martín Pinario and didn't start until 7:30, and it was a shorter walk (just over 20 km) with accommodations already booked, I didn't get an early start this morning, heading out at about a quarter to eight. The way to Finisterre and Muxía is a continuation of what you've been walking, so you follow the path west into the Plaza de Obradoiro through the tunnel and then continue west, past the parador, down the ramp, and on and out of the city. Once you've gone down and crossed the river, and back up the other side you come to a place where everyone stops and looks back, and generally takes a photo of the Santiago skyline with the silhouette of the cathedral towers. I was no exception, both this time and last time I passed by seven years ago.

There were, once again, a lot of little ups and downs today as we crossed streams and rivers and one much more substantial climb about halfway through the day. You'd think that after having completed the San Salvador and Primitivo caminos these would be as nothing to me. But I have to admit that I still notice them. There were the usual forests and pastures, fields and roads. Lots of little villages, one after another. There were a lot fewer cows than earlier in Galicia, though. There was one location, specializing in cattle breeding, that invited pilgrims to come in and take photos and share them on social media. I went in, because my daughter is always up for a cow photo, but I didn't really see anything to photograph, nor any of the cows.

The highlight of the day, from a photogenic point of view, was Ponte Maceira, as it was seven years ago, with its centuries old bridge and waterfalls, about 4 km from Negreira. I hadn't remembered it was so close to the end of my day's walk. I remembered it more in the middle.

The walk wasn't crowded with pilgrims but there were generally a few in view, most of the way. Also with me, as mentioned, in memory, was my son. As I went through places I would remember going through them with him. This was the day he discovered the power of music to help him through the tough slogs. I also thought back to my Camino de Madrid, and especially the people I encountered and connected with:
- the first pilgrims I met on my walk (a couple of Polish boys who probably reached Finisterre a month ago)
- the first pilgrim I saw more than once, meeting her in Coca waiting for someone with a key to the albergue - tough to find! We saw each other every evening at the albergue after that until I went on my first detour and she went ahead. She is due to arrive in Santiago about now. Her Camino has not been without challenges that she has walked with and through. What an accomplishment to complete it!
- Jose Miguel, the first pilgrim I walked with. We walked together until I stopped early at Grajal de Campos and he walked on to Sahagun and Santiago. We are still connected and I hope to see him in Madrid before I fly home
- and of course, the hospitaleros: from Mision Emmanuel, Ray and Rosa, Arturo and his Italian replacement in Puente Duero, and the couple in Santervás de Campos who shared their foid with us.

I got to Negreira at about half past 12 and checked into the albergue, which is nice and modern and well set up. Had a shower. Did a bit of laundry. Went out for lunch. I was once again proved correct in my rule "If any option on the menu includes the word 'abuela' (grandmother), choose that." No one wants to leave the impression that their grandma can't cook. In this case, grandmother's cake was an excellent dessert. Then back to the albergue for a nap and some reading. I went to the supermarket and got some things for a cheap, light, and veggie filled supper. And then I wrote this.

Photos below:
- first mojon on the way out of Santiago
- looking back at Santiago
- Ventosa
- bridge at Ponte Maceira
- waterfalls at Ponte Maceira
- under the bridge after Ponte Maceira
- pilgrim statue in Negreira
1000039333.jpg 1000039338.jpg 1000039345.jpg 1000039349.jpg 1000039352.jpg 1000039356.jpg 1000039365.jpg

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thank you for taking the time to document this part of your journey. I am a little sad about not walking from Santiago to Finistere. Hindsight. Bah humbug 🤨

PS you sure have a good pace. Approx 5km an hour. Wow 😯

Thank you for taking the time to document this part of your journey. I am a little sad about not walking from Santiago to Finistere. Hindsight. Bah humbug 🤨

PS you sure have a good pace. Approx 5km an hour. Wow 😯
20 km in 4.75 hours is a little closer to 4 km an hour, I think. I had a faster pace when I was walking with Floyd's gang.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Days 46: Negreira to Santa Mariña (Camino Finisterre/Muxia Day 2)
21.65 km

Today was a short day, a bit shorter than I expected, which means that tomorrow will be a bit longer.

I was woken at 5:00 by someone's piercing alarm that they didn't respond to. It seemed to go on for minutes before I presume someone went over and nudged them awake. Fifteen minutes later, someone else's alarm went off. I pride myself on my stealth in the morning. I wish others put some effort into it. I was up and ready to leave at 6:00, except a wait for the washrooms meant I left about fifteen minutes later. As has often been the case, it was cool and dark when I left. Once it got light enough to see, I noticed it was also somewhat foggy.

During the first part of the day, there was a lot of walking through woods, with the occasional field and meadow thrown in, mostly on paths bordered by low stone walls. Later there was more walking by the road, but through very pretty countryside and views.

There weren't nearly as many villages or places to stop today. I did manage a stop at A Pena where we climbed the stairs to get some breakfast (cafe con leche and pincho de tortilla for me). We figured we'd better grab the opportunity because who knew when the next chance would be. As it turned out, the next chance was just around the corner in the same village. But there wasn't another until Santa Mariña, my destination for the day. ("We" in this case was me and another pilgrim, an English lad, who had paused at the foot of the stairs deciding what to do. We had been leapfrogging each other all yesterday and he had stayed in the same albergue as me.)

With an early start, only 21 km to walk, and not many stops along the way, I was done walking at about 11:30. After completing the paperwork at Casa Pepe where I was staying I sat outside the bar and enjoyed the company of other pilgrims who had stopped for refreshments until the last of them had wended their way onward. The last one, by the way, was from Madrid. More specifically, he was from the same neighborhood I had lived in and from which I set off on this Camino. There were hugs.

Then I went back in to be shown the albergue, had my shower, did some laundry, and had some lunch (menu peregrino). I had seen in the comments on this albergue that the lentil soup was good and it didn't disappoint as a first dish. The second dish was also very good, and benefited from the option to have a substantial salad as a side instead of fries. By about 2:30, all my chores and responsibilities were done, giving me plenty of time to rest and read. I expect to head down for a light supper a bit later and early to bed today, because tomorrow will be a longer one, over 30 km for sure.

Photos below:
- leaving Negreira
- early morning fog
- between woods and fields
- landscape I
- landscape II
- landscape III
- horreos
1000039652.jpg 1000039653.jpg 1000039654.jpg 1000039659.jpg 1000039663.jpg 1000039665.jpg 1000039669.jpg

Days 45: Santiago de Compostela to Negreira (Camino Finisterre/Muxia Day 1)
21.75 km

This is a continuation from my Camino de Madrid, my Camino de San Salvador, my Camino Primitivo, and my Santiago de Compostela interlude, which I posted in those sub-forums.

Today I walked with memories. First and foremost, from my Camino seven years ago, with my son Toby, when we walked this same route. But also from the early days of this journey. I know that many people use the additional time of the walk to Finisterre and/or Muxia, a sort of denouement to their Camino de Santiago, to start processing what they've experienced. So I spent some time as well thinking back to the early days of my journey on the Camino de Madrid. Of course, it also struck me that processing the journey was a trifle premature. It isn't quite over yet, as my body was wont to remind me.

Since a breakfast buffet was included at San Martín Pinario and didn't start until 7:30, and it was a shorter walk (just over 20 km) with accommodations already booked, I didn't get an early start this morning, heading out at about a quarter to eight. The way to Finisterre and Muxía is a continuation of what you've been walking, so you follow the path west into the Plaza de Obradoiro through the tunnel and then continue west, past the parador, down the ramp, and on and out of the city. Once you've gone down and crossed the river, and back up the other side you come to a place where everyone stops and looks back, and generally takes a photo of the Santiago skyline with the silhouette of the cathedral towers. I was no exception, both this time and last time I passed by seven years ago.

There were, once again, a lot of little ups and downs today as we crossed streams and rivers and one much more substantial climb about halfway through the day. You'd think that after having completed the San Salvador and Primitivo caminos these would be as nothing to me. But I have to admit that I still notice them. There were the usual forests and pastures, fields and roads. Lots of little villages, one after another. There were a lot fewer cows than earlier in Galicia, though. There was one location, specializing in cattle breeding, that invited pilgrims to come in and take photos and share them on social media. I went in, because my daughter is always up for a cow photo, but I didn't really see anything to photograph, nor any of the cows.

The highlight of the day, from a photogenic point of view, was Ponte Maceira, as it was seven years ago, with its centuries old bridge and waterfalls, about 4 km from Negreira. I hadn't remembered it was so close to the end of my day's walk. I remembered it more in the middle.

The walk wasn't crowded with pilgrims but there were generally a few in view, most of the way. Also with me, as mentioned, in memory, was my son. As I went through places I would remember going through them with him. This was the day he discovered the power of music to help him through the tough slogs. I also thought back to my Camino de Madrid, and especially the people I encountered and connected with:
- the first pilgrims I met on my walk (a couple of Polish boys who probably reached Finisterre a month ago)
- the first pilgrim I saw more than once, meeting her in Coca waiting for someone with a key to the albergue - tough to find! We saw each other every evening at the albergue after that until I went on my first detour and she went ahead. She is due to arrive in Santiago about now. Her Camino has not been without challenges that she has walked with and through. What an accomplishment to complete it!
- Jose Miguel, the first pilgrim I walked with. We walked together until I stopped early at Grajal de Campos and he walked on to Sahagun and Santiago. We are still connected and I hope to see him in Madrid before I fly home
- and of course, the hospitaleros: from Mision Emmanuel, Ray and Rosa, Arturo and his Italian replacement in Puente Duero, and the couple in Santervás de Campos who shared their foid with us.

I got to Negreira at about half past 12 and checked into the albergue, which is nice and modern and well set up. Had a shower. Did a bit of laundry. Went out for lunch. I was once again proved correct in my rule "If any option on the menu includes the word 'abuela' (grandmother), choose that." No one wants to leave the impression that their grandma can't cook. In this case, grandmother's cake was an excellent dessert. Then back to the albergue for a nap and some reading. I went to the supermarket and got some things for a cheap, light, and veggie filled supper. And then I wrote this.

Photos below:
- first mojon on the way out of Santiago
- looking back at Santiago
- Ventosa
- bridge at Ponte Maceira
- waterfalls at Ponte Maceira
- under the bridge after Ponte Maceira
- pilgrim statue in Negreira
View attachment 153125 View attachment 153126 View attachment 153127 View attachment 153128 View attachment 153129 View attachment 153130 View attachment 153131
Thank you so much for sharing. I really enjoyed it all. I am doing another CF this August.leaving Australia on 27th

Days 47: Santa Mariña to Cee (Camino Finisterre/Muxia Day 3)
32.8 km

Today was a long walk, the longest stage in a while, but like when I walked it seven years ago, not too hard.

I got up and out quite early, before 6, when it was still dark, and walked in the dark for a while before it gradually lightened. It was cloudy for most of the day, until I arrived at Cee, with occasional drizzle. Enough to cover the pack, so I was prepared if it really rained, but not enough to put on my rain jacket or use my umbrella.

After about 13 km, I stopped for breakfast and a credencial stamp in Olveiroa. This is where a lot of the pilgrims I met yesterday would have stopped. From there it is about 5 km to Hospital, just before the Great Divide, where the route goes right to Muxía and left to Finisterre. I remembered Hospital from 7 years ago, and a modern pilgrim information centre, all in yellow with a map of the Camino on its tile exterior. Now the exterior decoration has changed to a dark blue featuring the Vakner. At first I thought it was advertising a horror movie but upon closer inspection I realized that the Vakner is a local legendary beast, like a werewolf. Later in the day I saw a large sculpture of the Vakner, as well.

Passing the great divide, the day was about half done, but there would be no more villages until Cee, my destination. There was, however, a blanket someone had laid out with fruit, candy, drinks, yogurts, handicrafts, each priced, and a small box to put money in. I bought a cup of what I thought were grapes but turned out to be small plums. It reminded me of a donativo table yesterday that had small containers of blueberries for donations. I picked up one of those, too.

A little bit later I got my first glimpse of Finisterre off in the distance. I don't think I was as confident of my identification seven years ago, but I've got a much better zoom on my camera now. I'm not going to get there until tomorrow, though, and it wasn't long until it passed out of view.

With less than 10 km to go, I arrived at a little ermita, with some picnic tables outside. I decided to stop for a snack and a drink. I had been carrying some dates and some nuts as emergency supplies and I figured this was the day, with my last long walk, to start using them. So I had half of each and some water before continuing. The road wound on for the next five km or so before starting the 300m descent to sea level.

Then it was simply a matter of finding my albergue, the usual shower and laundry, out for lunch at a local recommended restaurant, rest, and writing.

Toby has been a lot in my mind these last few days after Santiago. I keep thinking of when I did this same walk with him. It wasn't nearly as strong in the earlier parts of the Frances I walked this Camino (from Sahagun to Leon, from Melide to Santiago). I don't know if it was because I was staying in different places, or connecting more with other pilgrims to distract me, or because I had also done the Frances before myself, whereas I have only done the Camino Finisterre with Toby, or something else. Whatever the reason, his presence is felt more strongly here. Tomorrow maybe we will video chat from by the lighthouse in Finisterre.

Photos below:
- Galician countryside
- horreo (again!)
- little roadside shrine and river view
- pilgrim information centre
- the great divide
- first view of Finisterre
- made it to the Atlantic
1000039729.jpg 1000039735.jpg 1000039742.jpg 1000039747.jpg 1000039752.jpg 1000039776.jpg 1000039800.jpg

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Days 48: Cee to Finisterre (Camino Finisterre/Muxia Day 4)
19 km

I let myself sleep in until 7 today and was out at 7:30 since it was going to be a pretty short walk. Once again, my memories of my previous walk with Toby were forefront in my mind. My memories of the walk with Floyd's gang on the Primitivo were also pretty strong, since the WhatsApp group remains active.

Although it was partly cloudy when I left the albergue the cloud cover moved in pretty swiftly and it was a cloudy day for most of my walk. The route takes you down into the Cee harbour, through Corcubión, and then away from the harbour and by fields and through villages to the forest and through the forest back down to the ocean again. You walk past a small secluded beach and then along a long more public beach to Finisterre.

The albergue I'm staying at is pretty much on the other side of Finisterre, towards the lighthouse at the point (km 0.000). I arrived before 11 and they let me drop off my backpack and come back later, because they really weren't open yet. I'm pretty sure this is, once again, the same albergue I stayed at last time, although I really picked it on the basis of the Gronze reviews.

While waiting for the albergue to be ready, I wandered around town for a while. I picked up a souvenir tee shirt, had breakfast (cafe con leche with toast and tomato), picked up my Fisterrana certificate, and headed over to the fishing museum, housed in an old 18th century fort. It was lightly drizzling at this point. The fishing museum was theoretically open, but it seemed to be chained shut while a tour was in progress. One of the other people waiting went in and caught the attention of the tour guide and we were let in to join the tour in progress. It was in Spanish but to an English speaking audience and the guide enlisted the efforts of some of the attendees, including me, to translate. The focus was on how they had fished and how things had changed.

After the tour had cycled back to where I had joined, I left and, since it was now quite a heavy drizzle, hurried back to the albergue.

It was getting to be time for lunch. I overheard a group of pilgrims about to head out and asked if they would mind being joined by one more pilgrim. It is more enjoyable to eat with other pilgrims than by myself. Unfortunately, the restaurant they had been planning to eat at could only seat six (the number initially given). With me they were eight (one more was coming). I was about to leave, figuring the six already there could take the seats, but they caught me on the way out saying they were looking for another restaurant. I guess no flexibility had been shown for the seventh who had arrived. I suggested that if they liked seafood, I knew a place. I remembered the 3 Golpes restaurant from my last visit to Finisterre and the hospitalero had confirmed it as still one of the better seafood restaurants. I said it wasn't necessarily cheap, but it was good. It's not one of the restaurants right by the Harbour, instead being on one of the back streets, and when you enter it looks like a bit of a dive and a bar (a crowded one) and we were a bit surprised when they told us they could seat 8 for a meal. But there was a nice dining room upstairs and we had a very nice meal there.

By the time the meal was done the rain had stopped, and it was back to the albergue via the seashore. Some of the group were intent on going for a little swim in the Atlantic but I thought the water would be too cold for me. Shower and laundry were more my speed. Then a rest. My plan is to head out towards the lighthouse at around 7 and do a video call with home at around 8. Afterwards, I will come back and finish and post this. I'm not expecting to leave too early tomorrow, as it will be an even shorter walk than today.

Well, I've had a lot of good luck with weather over the last 7 weeks, so I can't complain if the walk to the point was wet and foggy. Cell reception got a bit spotty as I headed down the rocks closer to the point, so I headed back up for the call to the family. I didn't stay for the sunset like last time because, what with the rain and fog. I didn't think I would really see it. It looks like I will probably get rain during my morning walk, too, although it may clear up later in the afternoon.

It is Galicia, after all.

Photos below:
- leaving Cee
- looking back at Corcubión
- donativo
- countryside
- secluded beach
- 18th century fort
- the end of the world

1000039831.jpg 1000039834.jpg 1000039835.jpg 1000039837.jpg 1000039847.jpg 1000039859.jpg 1000039886.jpg

Days 49: Finisterre to Lires (Camino Finisterre/Muxia Day 5)
14 km, 18.8 with a walk to the beach and back

I let myself sleep in until after 7 again today and was out just before 8, since it was going to be a pretty short walk again. It was raining when I left so I had my jacket and umbrella in use. The umbrella was the first to go, when it dropped to a light drizzle, followed by the jacket when that stopped, too.

I walked for about the first 7 km with a French pilgrim, which included the main hill of the day. Not terribly steep, it just seemed to go on for a while. Of course, looking at the Gronze elevation profile, I can see I am in for a much more prolonged climb tomorrow. At about the 7 km mark, in Buxán, there was a donativo rest stop set up and I decided to stay a bit. I didn't want to arrive too early in Lires and the place looked nice. The French pilgrim, who was walking on to Muxía today, kept going.

After having eaten and drank a bit at the donativo, I left, orange in hand, to continue on to Muxía. The route is pretty much entirely inland, mostly through forest but sometimes through farmland, with occasional views of the shore.

When you arrive at Lires the path takes you down to the church by the cemetery before winding uphill though the village, past its bars and guest houses, hotels, and pensions, to the top where my albergue was. On the other hand, if you turn left by the church, towards the cemetery, instead of right with the Camino, you will be on the long, winding road along the estuary to Lires' beach.

I went up to the albergue and settled in and did my chores. Then I went down to look for comida. There was a restaurant that had been recommended by a few people and a bar that had been recommended by a few others. I decided to try the restaurant for lunch and the bar for supper. The restaurant was fine dining and a little pricy by pilgrim standards. You were getting a chef's take on traditional dishes. They didn't have a menu del dia but recommended plates. I had a caldeirada, which in Wikipedia looked like a fish and potato stew but which the chef interpreted as a nice piece of fish on a bed of mashed potato in a bowl. Afterwards I went to check out the beach. It wasn't raining or drizzling any more but it hadn't quite reached beach weather for me, however since the beach seems to be the main feature of Lires I thought I should visit it. Then I came back for a rest.

When I checked in, I thought I would be alone here. Most people seemed to be going on all the way to Muxía. I had started latish and stopped for a while at the donativo, so my cohort was ahead of me, but there was no one else at the albergue. But it filled up a fair but over the day. I think a number of these pilgrims did the Dos Faros route along the shoreline. Next time, I think, unless I am doing the Dos Faros route, I will walk between Finisterre and Muxía in one day. If I'm doing the Dos Faros, I will see how I feel when I arrive.

But now, supper has been had and all that remains is to finish this, post it, and read and sleep before tomorrow, my last day walking.

Photos below:
- leaving Finisterre
- a glimpse of the ocean
- donativo
- route markers come in pairs (to Finisterre and to Muxía)
- Galician countryside
- Lires beach
- view from the albergue (more or less)
1000039941.jpg 1000039949.jpg 1000039951.jpg 1000039958.jpg 1000039960.jpg 1000039987.jpg 1000039996.jpg

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Days 50: Lires to Muxía (Camino Finisterre/Muxia Day 6)
18.34 all in after lunch when i checked, with a walk to the point and back, not including the later planned walk to see the sunset

So, with today's walk done and dusted, my Camino is over. It says an even 50 days at the top of the post but it was really 51 with the day zero 20 km walk in Madrid. It was a great walk today.

I let myself sleep in because it was another short walk day. I really could have done the last two day's walk in one without much difficulty, it being less than I walked from Santa Mariña to Cee. So I left just before 8:00 again. The weather has improved greatly. It is mostly sunny with a few clouds, but not too hot. Quite cool in the morning when I was walking. Even after 9 am the dew was still sparkling on the grass in the meadows.

The walk itself was very similar to yesterday, mostly through woods and by fields, cutting across the land so that the sea views were concentrated at the beginning and end. I was expecting a much more prolonged and higher climb today, looking at the elevation profile, but it was mostly so gradual that you barely noticed it.

About an hour into the walk, I stopped at a cafe for some breakfast (large cafe con leche with a packaged chocolate wafer biscuit) and had a nice little conversation with a couple of German pilgrims. Then I was on my way again, with only one short stop at a roadside fountain to drink and refill my bottles. A local gentleman had also stopped there and was filling a number of large water bottles. He attested to the quality of water that was coming out of the hill. That was pretty close to Muxía.

All along, I've been saying that now that I'm retired, I could use this long walk to figure out what to do with the rest of my life. But to be honest, I haven't really been thinking about that at all. I've been too focused on the here and now to think a lot about the future. Today, on the last day of the walk, I finally thought productively about this. I guess it flowed naturally from the "what's next" that comes as you approach the end of anything.

For most people, one of the things that is so valuable about a Camino is the simplicity. They come from a "real life" situation where there are a lot of responsibilities, problems to solve, roles to play. And on the Camino there is only one thing they have to do: walk towards Santiago; and only one person they have to be: theirself. So when I return to post-retirement, I will be looking to carry this approach to my life at home. Pick simple, specific goals for each day, goals that can move a yardstick forward. And be less concerned about roles and more concerned about just being me.

When I got to Muxía, I didn't stop at my albergue, which is at the other side of town, but walked on past to the point where Muxía's km 0.000 marker is and the Church of the Virgin of the Boat. I got my photo taken at the marker and then headed down to the church. There were a number of little tents selling souvenirs and sweets set up by the parking lot near the church and I bought a chocolate covered churro at one, my first churro of this trip.

Then I went into the church. The retablo in the church looks very impressive from a distance, but when you get close you see it is just a giant photograph. I remember hearing that there had been a big fire in this church. I can't help but wonder if the photograph is of the retablo that was there before the fire and was damaged in the blaze. They had a sign about souvenirs in the sacristy, so I headed back there. I wanted to get a stamp in my credencial but figured I should by something before asking for the stamp, so I picked out a postcard. In the event, he decided to just give me the postcard as well as the stamp.

After taking some photographs from the rocks in front of the church (I can see why they call it the Coast of Death) I headed back to the albergue I had booked and checked in. The hospitalero was very nice. After check in was shower, wait a bit for the washing machine to be available, do my laundry, hang it to dry, and then head out for some lunch. I had scallops in their shells (a suitable dish for St. James Day, I thought, and with which to finish a Camino) and pimientos de Padrón with bread and a tinto de verano.

Then it was back to the albergue to rest and write this.

Went out to the point again at about 8:00 to Monte de Corpiño, overlooking the km 0 and the Church of the Virgin of the Boat to my left and Muxía to my right to await the sunset, which arrived at about 10:00, then headed back to the albergue and bed.

Bringing to a conclusion this tale of a Camino.

Photos below:
- the road goes ever on (near Frixe)
- beach and new parador just before Muxía
- km 0.000
- Church of the Virgin of the Boat
- Coast of Death
- Scallops for lunch (with pimientos)
- Sunset

1000040009.jpg 1000040033.jpg 1000040049.jpg 1000040050.jpg 1000040068.jpg 1000040100.jpg 1000040152.jpg

Thank you very much. An excellent report with nice pictures that meke me wish I was there...

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thank you so much for bringing us with you on this camino. It really comforted me in my decision to walk the same path next summer and helped with the wait. Buen camino of life as a retiree!

I am walking from Santiago to Finisterre and Muxia in August and am grateful for your writings here. I find this quote very interesting:
"For most people, one of the things that is so valuable about a Camino is the simplicity. They come from a "real life" situation where there are a lot of responsibilities, problems to solve, roles to play. And on the Camino there is only one thing they have to do: walk towards Santiago; and only one person they have to be: theirself."

Love Muxia and the point. Love to watch the mesmerizing waves roll in on the rocks. I am guessing you are at the Xunta albergue from the location description? Good view from there. Hope you got your bus ticket settled as the mid-day bus can be crowded.

Thanks for sharing your journey.

Wow!

I have enjoyed this vicarious camino.

Your daily post have been exciting, soothing, and entertaining.

Thanks for taking the forum along.

Buen camino.

Love Muxia and the point. Love to watch the mesmerizing waves roll in on the rocks. I am guessing you are at the Xunta albergue from the location description? Good view from there. Hope you got your bus ticket settled as the mid-day bus can be crowded.

Thanks for sharing your journey.
I was at Bela Muxia albergue, which seems to be a private albergue (also affiliated with HI), which I've seen recommended a few times. The hospitalero was exceptionally nice.

Bus ticket was sorted and I am in San Martín Pinario as I write this.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Congratualtions on a well-done Camino. And thanks for taking us along with you. Great write-ups and I've enjoyed the journey. All the best to you as you move forward in your new stage of life.

I was at Bela Muxia albergue, which seems to be a private albergue (also affiliated with HI), which I've seen recommended a few times. The hospitalero was exceptionally nice.

Bus ticket was sorted and I am in San Martín Pinario as I write this.
Yes, that is my favorite albergue, too. Angel and Celia are really the best hospitaleros. Such a restful place for us. Glad you survived the bus trip back. I usually take an anti-emetic to ward off motion sickness on that particular ride!

Thank you David for making the time to write about your incredible, multiple caminos…wow…quite an accomplishment. Having done this myself, it takes time and energy to do this daily. Thank you for bringing us with you. Well done 👍🇨🇦👏

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks David for your detailed reports of the routes you walked and the services available. The observation you make about life on the Camino is spot on and indeed a good idea to take home!
Hope to read about future Caminos…

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, At this stage looks like we are going to finish in SdC on Friday, our flight home is only Monday night. The weather forecast doesnt look to be promising - showers over the whole weekend...
Hi all We are walking the reverse Camino from Muxia to Santiago via Fisterra. Any tips or information to help us on our way?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back