• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My first Camino

SueWhaits

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Santiago May/June 2017
Hi
I am from South Africa. I start my very first Camino at the end of April. I am traveling alone and so looking forward to this journey.
I arrive in SJPdP on the 25th April and commence my pilgrimage to Santiago on the 26th.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
buen camino and good luck to us both. I will start on 28th from SJPP.

Hi
I am from South Africa. I start my very first Camino at the end of April. I am traveling alone and so looking forward to this journey.
I arrive in SJPdP on the 25th April and commence my pilgrimage to Santiago on the 26th.
Hello Sue,you are in for a wonderful time.
Wish you a Buen Camino,Peter.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi
Hi Sue, I'm arriving in SJPP the same day (Apr 25) and departing the next day (Apr 26) to begin the Camino Frances. Planning to start solo at this point. Where are you staying in SJPP? I plan to stay at Beilari. If we don't see each other in SJPP, likely we will somewhere along the way. Buen Camino, CT

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Sue, I'm arriving in SJPP the same day (Apr 25) and departing the next day (Apr 26) to begin the Camino Frances. Planning to start solo at this point. Where are you staying in SJPP? I plan to stay at Beilari. If we don't see each other in SJPP, likely we will somewhere along the way. Buen Camino, CT
That's fantastic! I am at th Auberge du Perelin and also depart 26th so will likely bump into one another....
Buen Camino
S

Hi
Hi Sue... I will also be arriving in SJPdP on the 25th and walking on the 26th. Are you going through to Roncesvalles? I would like to stay in Orisson however haven't heard back re reservation. Hope to see you along the Way! Buen Camino!!

That's fantastic! I am at th Auberge du Perelin and also depart 26th so will likely bump into one another....
Buen Camino
S
Sue I am also at the Auberge du Perelin on the 25th. I get in late, around 7 if all goes well. See you there. Grace

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Will also be arriving on the 25th and start on the 26th. Hope I will see you along the way. Buen Camino

Hi Sue... I will also be arriving in SJPdP on the 25th and walking on the 26th. Are you going through to Roncesvalles? I would like to stay in Orisson however haven't heard back re reservation. Hope to see you along the Way! Buen Camino!!
Hi Grace
No, I am booked into the Refuge in Orrisson on the night of the 26th. And then on to Rouncesvalles on the 27th.
Hope to see you too
Buen Camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Will also be arriving on the 25th and start on the 26th. Hope I will see you along the way. Buen Camino
Thanks Grace, good luck with your reservation at Orisson on the night of 26/27.

Sue just reported that she has a reservation that night at O also. I do too -- so if you are lucky, it appears that the three of us may find ourselves at the communal dinner there on the 26th with others. If I recall correctly, FRL and two friends also plan to stay at O that same night.

Sure hope we all get lucky with the weather so that the Route Napoleon is open those days -- not like what is occurring now. Of course, as is well known, that route is closed until April 1.

Good luck and Buen Camino, CT

Sue just reported that she has a reservation that night at O also. I do too -- so if you are lucky, it appears that the three of us may find ourselves at the communal dinner there on the 26th with others. If I recall correctly, FRL and two friends also plan to stay at O that same night.

Sure hope we all get lucky with the weather so that the Route Napoleon is open those days -- not like what is occurring now. Of course, as is well known, that route is closed until April 1.

Thank you... though havent heard back re reservation so I may have to push on to Roncesvalles. Either way I'm hopeful we'll meet up at some point. Buen Camino! !

Hi
I start my second camino on the same day as you! We will probably bump into each other some where, if not, buen camino, have a wonderful pilgrimage

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Hi... will not be in Orissin, enjoy! . .. hope to see you further along the Way!

Hi... will not be in Orissin, enjoy! . .. hope to see you further along the Way!
Sorry to hear that we won't meet at Orisson, and equally, hope to meet afterwards.

Green Osprey pack with cloth shell patch on back along with reflective patches. Extreme Condition Hat with reflective patches front and back.

Orisson was insurance for jet lag -- if I'm rested, would not be surprised to go past Roncesvalles the next day depending on what my body tells me. So yes, likely we will cross paths at some point.

Buen Camino, CT

Hi

Don't close your eyes too long because when you open them you will be in St Jean with the actual path of the Camino leading out of town. To think that you will be stepping where pilgrims have walked for over a thousand years. I love that feeling of joining them.

Allez doucement - it is not a race, but a journey that is taken only one step at a time. As others have surely said, listen to your body, particularly the first week, and you will prevent a lot of aches and pain.

Easter is upon us; a holiday that was initially filled with so much pain only to be found rejoicing in the morning.

Buen Camino,

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Sorry to hear that we won't meet at Orisson, and equally, hope to meet afterwards.

Green Osprey pack with cloth shell patch on back along with reflective patches. Extreme Condition Hat with reflective patches front and back.

Orisson was insurance for jet lag -- if I'm rested, would not be surprised to go past Roncesvalles the next day depending on what my body tells me. So yes, likely we will cross paths at some point.

Buen Camino, CT
Hi..Will most likely spend an extra night in SJPP and start out on the 27th due to probable jet lag; don't get to SJPP until after 7 pm on the 25th. Green osprey with mountain patch, red ball cap, blk pants or shorts : ) I'll keep a look out!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back