• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My packing list for june-july

Linards

Time of past OR future Camino
Planing to walk camino in June 2017
Hello everyone, I have almost finished my packing list :) Like I said in my intro I am doing the camino in june.
So here is my packing list, if someone have something to add, feel free to post. I am open for suggestons.

Backpack: Pxoenix extreme 45L rucksack (with rain cover)
Sleeping bag: Traveller 50 sleeping bag (lightweight 0.65kg)
Hydration: 1L hydration bladder

Footwear:
Locton mens waterproof hiking shoes
1x Sandals or flip flops
3x hiking socks

Clothing:
1x Full zip fleece
2x Short sleeve T-shirt
1x Long sleeve T-shirt
1x Walking trousers
1x Shorts
2x Undearwear
1x Lightweight pakka mens waterproof jacket
1x Trucker hat

Easy dry/lightweight travel towel
1x Walking pole
Head torch
SJ4000 action camera and charger
Ipod shuffle and earphones
Phone and charger
Painkillers and kit for blisters
Sunscreen
Toothbrush and toothpaste
Laundry soap
Pegs for laundry
Shampoo and shower gel
2x Pocket tissues
Ear plugs
Notebook and pen
1x Camino shell and passport/credencial
Passport and copy
Debit card

I think that's about it :)
Most of it I bought at mountain warehouse

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hydration: 1L hydration bladder - consider using a Smartube instead. Lighter, easy cleaning and not a pain to refill.

Footwear:
2x hiking socks - bring a third, in case of damp weather and a pair not drying overnight and you stepping in a muddle the next morning.

Clothing:
1x Walking pole - bring a pair, or the hand that hangs down is likely to swell horribly.
Head torch - I always say YES to these, but for use in the Al=Bear=Gay, make sure it has a red light.
SJ4000 action camera and charger - I assume your a video enthusiast, so who am I to tell you not to indulge.
1x Camino shell and passport/credencial - get your shell upon completion of the Camino, or, if you must, at the SJPP pilgrim office
Passport and copy - or a photo on Iphone.

No walking guide? Good for you! Just take what the Camino brings you.
What about laundry soap? Pegs to hang your clothes or diaper pins.
For rainy days, are you sure you have enough not to be miserable?
And foot care? No vaseline, needle and thread? And tape, compeed and al.?
Antiperspirant? Tooth brush?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thx for the tips :)
Forget to include things as laundry soap, tooth brush, shampoo etc. thx for the reminder
Ordered shell and passport from this forum.
Can't take photo with phone because bringing old phone just for texts and calls, leaving smartphone at home, kinda want to get away from all the media etc. even thinking to not take phone at all but probably will take it, just in case.
Also other stuff that's missing probably will buy on the camino.
About the camera - yeah, can't leave home without it, it is rly lightweight and waterproof.
Vaseline, thread and needle I include in blister kit
About the rain - rain cover for my pack and jacket for me is enough :)

Last edited:
What kind of socks and foot lube are you taking? I'm finding I really like Injinji toe socks (the Performance 2.0 are awesome!) with a combination of Bodyglide. I haven't had a blister yet and if any skin does rub it is the most superficial layer. I have been training with Merrell Trail Glove barefoot runners which are the most awesome trainers ever (Camino or no camino) and my Vasque hiking shoes. I think by alternating these I will avoid straining muscles and tendons. Blister kit - make sure it includes some Fixomull/Hypafix type tape. It is brilliant on any open sores/burns etc and you can apply sports tape on top if needed. I do judo and am always damaging feet, getting mat burn on my toes and those two rolls of tape cure a lot of sins.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
What kind of socks and foot lube are you taking? I'm finding I really like Injinji toe socks (the Performance 2.0 are awesome!) with a combination of Bodyglide. I haven't had a blister yet and if any skin does rub it is the most superficial layer. I have been training with Merrell Trail Glove barefoot runners which are the most awesome trainers ever (Camino or no camino) and my Vasque hiking shoes. I think by alternating these I will avoid straining muscles and tendons. Blister kit - make sure it includes some Fixomull/Hypafix type tape. It is brilliant on any open sores/burns etc and you can apply sports tape on top if needed. I do judo and am always damaging feet, getting mat burn on my toes and those two rolls of tape cure a lot of sins.
I have never had a blister with 1000 mile socks - I swear by them

Buen camino

I'm finding I really like Injinji toe socks (the Performance 2.0 are awesome!) with a combination of Bodyglide. .
Love the feel and colour of mine, but they split the skin at the bottom of my little toe where it connects with the rest of the foot. That only happens to me on diving holidays where I spend 4 hours a day in the water. That tells me excess moisture, big time. Perhaps if I had also worn them with vaseline rather than bare feet?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Sveiks, Linard! Varbūt tiksimies, es eju maijā-jūnijā! :D And continuing in English for others to understand too:

I don't see toothpaste on your list. Will you use the laundry soap for your teeth? Not that it is entirely impossible, Dr.Bronner natural oil soap, especially the mint one, is more or less ok. Whats for washing your body - laundry soap or shampoo or nothing?
Cash and where to hold it. "Cash is king" in Spain as it was already mentioned here in the forum.
Sunglasses?
Kit for blisters includes some kind of scissors too? Include something for upset stomach in your med kit. I take activated carbon (aktivētā ogle).
And maybe a knife, its quite practical to have.
Hygienic non-color lipstick can be used to protect both lips from sun and feet from chaffing (its Vaseline after all).

:)

Sveiks, Linard! Varbūt tiksimies, es eju maijā-jūnijā! :D And continuing in English for others to understand too:

I don't see toothpaste on your list. Will you use the laundry soap for your teeth? Not that it is entirely impossible, Dr.Bronner natural oil soap, especially the mint one, is more or less ok. Whats for washing your body - laundry soap or shampoo or nothing?
Cash and where to hold it. "Cash is king" in Spain as it was already mentioned here in the forum.
Sunglasses?
Kit for blisters includes some kind of scissors too? Include something for upset stomach in your med kit. I take activated carbon (aktivētā ogle).
And maybe a knife, its quite practical to have.
Hygienic non-color lipstick can be used to protect both lips from sun and feet from chaffing (its Vaseline after all).

:)
Varbūt tiksimies :) Manliekas ka satikt latviešus camino ir retums :D Also continuing in English :)
Like I said, my list is almost done, there is always something that I forget :D
For cash I think I will take some kind a small wallet and will carry it with me at all times.
I think no need a scissors, will see.
Thankyou for reminding about activated carbon, would have forgotten.
Don't know about knife yet, if I will take it, going to buy it at SJPDP, like other minor things.
Not going to take sunglasses because I'm wearing glasses at all times.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
My thoughts are in Bold, based on walking July 3-Aug. 9, 2014, on the Frances route. The good news is that you really have a fairly spare pack. The better news is that I think you can lighten your load significantly

Backpack:
Pxoenix extreme 45L rucksack (with rain cover): Way too big, and therefore too heavy. You can probably lose half a kilo by replace this.
Sleeping bag: Traveller 50 sleeping bag (lightweight 0.65kg) Liner is all you need. Even that was too hot places in the summer--I slept on top if it as often as I slept in it. You'll lose a quarter of a kilo here.
Hydration: 1L hydration bladder Just buy a bottle of water. Bladders are heavy by comparison

Footwear:
Locton mens waterproof hiking shoes. Not waterproof in June. Your feet will sweat to death (moisture + heat + friction =blisters). I ended up walking in Keen sandals, and Merrell shoes so breathable I could feel the breeze through them.
1x Sandals or flip flops. Get ones designed for walking (such as Keens). Two pairs of walking footwear is not too much.
3x hiking socks. I bought coolmax socks on the Camino and they worked well. The two-sock system with a heavy wool sock outside a thin liner was way too hot in the summer.

Clothing:
1x Full zip fleece I'm not sure you're really going to need, especially on loosing the waterproof jacket, you might.
2x Short sleeve T-shirtThe sun is merciless. I would go with only long sleeves. I'd leave these.
1x Long sleeve T-shirtTake two
1x Walking trousers My thoughts on the clothing system I would take for another summer Camino is here: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...id-not-for-a-summer-camino.31137/#post-269857
1x Shorts
2x Underwear
1x Lightweight pakka mens waterproof jacketThe link above will explain more, but I would go with a poncho for a summer Camino. Otherwise, you are also going to need rain pants and either a pack cover or pack liner.
1x Trucker hatDoes is have a full brim or just a bill? You want a full brim. The sun is very hot, and will be behind you most mornings, so you need a brim the shades the sides of your face, not just the front.
sunglasses?

Easy dry/lightweight travel towel
1x Walking pole
Head torchWith red light for use inside the albuergues
SJ4000 action camera and charger
Ipod shuffle and earphones
Phone and charger
Painkillers and kit for blisters
Sunscreen
Toothbrush and toothpaste
Laundry soapSee below.
Pegs for laundryI like safety pins (called "nappy pins" by those who speak British)
Shampoo and shower gelI just used a bar of soap for washing everything, me, hair, and clothes. Anything with liquid in it is heavy by comparison
2x Pocket tissues I hope you mean what we call bandanas or handkerchiefs. Not disposable tissue.
Ear plugs
Notebook and pen
1x Camino shell and passport/credencial
Passport and copy
Debit card

Buen Camino,
Jo Jo

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

**Update** I reached out to the developer and a fix is in! unistalled the app again, and reinstalled the new updated version, and it works like a charm again! Hi! I am 15 days out from my...
Greetings Fellow Pilgrims! I have more than a month to go until I leave on my first Camino, but couldn't resist getting my pack together already this weekend. My full backpack (Deuter 30 L) is...
Hi Guys This is just for info really; but if mods want to they can delete! For this May's Camino i have gone back to my Talon 33 (so much less stuff this time; in fact everything is in the top...
I am new on the forum, though I have followed it for years in anticipation of walking. Twice planned, twice cancelled. Once again, I have bought tickets and my daughter and I hope to walk del...
Hi, I start my Camino from Oviedo on Sunday the 23rd of June. I was hoping to buy some hiking poles from the Decathlon store, but it doesn’t seem to open on a Sunday, nor do the other hiking...
Hello beautiful community; I’m starting my camino in exactly 7 days (May 8 - June 21 = 45 days) I’ll be doing FRANCES + SALVADOR + PRIMITIVO . Here’s my final packing list (excluding basic...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.