• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My trusted walking pilgrim's stick

GFinch

Time of past OR future Camino
September (2018)
Hello,
Does anyone know if I can bring my wooden walking pilgrim stick with me on easyjet? I bought it at the beginning of my walk, it's the wooden type you get along the way in Spain with a metal bit at the end.
It may not make it at security but it has served me so well I walk to take it home with me to the UK so I am willing to try.
Thanks

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Perhaps just check it? I don't see it making it on board. I've had good success with getting stuff like that checked in and so far...all arrived at home as I wanted! So far!

The hubs cut his in half on his last walk. He wants to put it together now and have it displayed. But now it's useless for future walking. He'd cut it before I could remind him to try checking it. Ahh well.

Hello,
Does anyone know if I can bring my wooden walking pilgrim stick with me on easyjet? I bought it at the beginning of my walk, it's the wooden type you get along the way in Spain with a metal bit at the end.
It may not make it at security but it has served me so well I walk to take it home with me to the UK so I am willing to try.
Thanks
. Is the metal bit removable? I would consider calling the airlines but I suspect that if it can be used as a weapon (with the metal point) I would not chance trying to take it on board. I doubt if you can take it on board when departing Spain even if in your home country you may be able to take it on board prior to arrival Spain. One other thought for the disabled if required for walking assistance i.e. handicap, you can bring a doctor’s letter proving you require it for medical assistance. Otherwise I would consider wrapping it up in cardboard and taping it up and either mail it or check it in as luggage

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
If you are flying back from Lavacolla then the answer is no, emphatically no, not ever. However there is a local agreement that you can check walking poles, sticks, that Opinel you bought in StJdP, without charge. Just look-em straight in the eye and tell 'em you are a Pilgrim! Airline check-in that is. Looking security in the eye in a challenging manner might just result in the rubber-glove treatment depending on how bad a day they've had 'till they got you ;). As an alternative the Correos attached to the Pilgrims Office has an amazing array of tubes and you can post your treasures back home. We did that last year and our local postie was very intrigued. Seeing the Spanish stamps he wanted to know if we had bought "a really big Chorizo..." So long as you live in the EC you won't get involved in debates with Customs as to whether the thing has any value other than sentimental or whether importing it will have an impact on local walking stick producers.

Perhaps just check it? I don't see it making it on board. I've had good success with getting stuff like that checked in and so far...all arrived at home as I wanted! So far!

The hubs cut his in half on his last walk. He wants to put it together now and have it displayed. But now it's useless for future walking. He'd cut it before I could remind him to try checking it. Ahh well.
He wants one of these
dowelscrew.jpg

and a steady hand with a drill ;)

Most read last week in this forum

**Update** I reached out to the developer and a fix is in! unistalled the app again, and reinstalled the new updated version, and it works like a charm again! Hi! I am 15 days out from my...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Greetings Fellow Pilgrims! I have more than a month to go until I leave on my first Camino, but couldn't resist getting my pack together already this weekend. My full backpack (Deuter 30 L) is...
I had bought the long Camino banner-style map in Santiago and finally got around to having it framed. The framers managed to tear my map and I'm in need of a replacement. Does anyone know where...
Hi Guys This is just for info really; but if mods want to they can delete! For this May's Camino i have gone back to my Talon 33 (so much less stuff this time; in fact everything is in the top...
I am new on the forum, though I have followed it for years in anticipation of walking. Twice planned, twice cancelled. Once again, I have bought tickets and my daughter and I hope to walk del...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.