A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

New albergue in Betanzos

0 Euro Camino Bank Note
Camino(s) past & future
September/October 2015 CF; October 2017 PC from Porto; Camino Ingles October (2019)
Is anyone familiar with this new albergue in Betanzos? http://acogidacristianaenloscaminosdesantiago.org/albergue-de-betanzos/ It's called Albergue Santa María de la Azogue – ACC, and is on Rúa Clérigos. Since the municipal albergue apparently has only 6 beds available, I thought this might be an alternative, other than a hotel. I'd feel more confident about it if someone has stayed there.

lindam

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Via de La Plata, Portuguese, Camino Ingles, Fisterra, Muxia, Catalan and Aragones, Norte
Thank you for posting this information. I have not stayed there but will soon be walking this route (in October) so it may be useful in the event that the municipal albergue in Betanzos is still undergoing renovations. I do see that the place you mention (Albergue Santa María de la Azogue - ACC ) is listed on Gronze.com.

Camino(s) past & future
September/October 2015 CF; October 2017 PC from Porto; Camino Ingles October (2019)
Thank you for posting this information. I have not stayed there but will soon be walking this route (in October) so it may be useful in the event that the municipal albergue in Betanzos is still undergoing renovations. I do see that the place you mention (Albergue Santa María de la Azogue - ACC ) is listed on Gronze.com.
Thank you. It’s good to see that it’s listed on Gronze.com.

Becky 59

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (May 2018)
Camino Ingles (Aug 2019)
We were at the municipal albergue “Casa de Pescadería” in Betanzos just 2 weeks ago. It is beautifully renovated, with 36 beds. Some of the beds on the top floor are singles, not bunks, and perhaps worth the extra climb! The kitchen unfortunately is equipped with only a microwave for cooking.

Camino(s) past & future
We were at the municipal albergue “Casa de Pescadería” in Betanzos just 2 weeks ago. It is beautifully renovated, with 36 beds. Some of the beds on the top floor are singles, not bunks, and perhaps worth the extra climb! The kitchen unfortunately is equipped with only a microwave for cooking.
That’s so good to know. So their renovation is done. Many thanks.

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
So that's actually the same as it was in 2016...
I just don't know what they renovated because it looked almost like brand new???
Only the kitchen could be upgraded maybe and that's it.

lindam

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Via de La Plata, Portuguese, Camino Ingles, Fisterra, Muxia, Catalan and Aragones, Norte
Thank you for the update. It is quite unfortunate that the new kitchen offers only a microwave!

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 165 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 265 24.4%