• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New, Anyone planning btwn Constance - Santiago? May-Sept '13

camino_vida20

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino (2015)
Hi,

I'm new. I'm Sylvia, from the USA, hiking the Camino for the first time.

Anyone else planning to be around? I'll be on the lookout.

May 2013: Constance - Geneva [Switzerland, Via Jacobi]
June 2013: Geneva - Le Puy (taking detour of either Rocamadour or Cele, haven't decided which one) [France]
July 2013: Le Puy - St Jean PdP [France]
August 2013/late September 2013: St Jean PdP - Santiago de Compostela - Muxia/Finisterre (will detour from Burgos to see Monasterio de Santo Domingo de Silos) [Spain]

Let me know!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Sylvia, I am planning on walking Rohrschach to past Fribourg and then the Jura 3 Lake Route to Bale from end of August next year. I have walked the Via Gebenennsis in 2010 alone and was somewhat nervous prior to starting off, as I had heard it was a solitary route. As it turned out everything went beautifully, but at times I did not meet other walkers or pilgrims and I felt a little challenged, but pleased with myself for coping. You are welcome to check my blog on http://www.gittiharre.blogspot.co.nz
I have a friend in Germany, who walked the swiss route and had no problems at all, except for 1 unpleasant encounter with a male near Lausanne I think, it was close to a big town, no problems in the country. I have walked over 4000 km now on the Frances, twice the Le Puy route, Via Gebenennsis, Robert Louis Stevenson trail, Jakobsweg Austria and the Czech Greenways and have felt pretty safe the whole time. Do not let fear deter you. Occasionally I carry a cellphone, but when I don't, I am really careful about each step I take when I am in the forest on slippery bits. So far so good, regards, Gitti

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back