• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Blessings and luck to all

Rold Gold

Time of past OR future Camino
Dear Forum Members,
Ultreia!
In a few hours I am leaving for Spain to begin my first Camino de Santiago. It's been over six years of waiting, working and hoping for this day, and I woke very early this morning in anticipation, excitement, and even with peace in my heart, which surprised and pleased me. I don't consider myself a peaceful person, which isn't to say I'm violent, of course, since I value peace, but rather that in my person I think I project energy rather than than calm. I'm not sure what this says about the prospects for my camino, and maybe nothing at all, but I am eager to find out. My hopes for my camino are simple: just to walk, to deepen my faith if I can, to experience and be apart of the culture, history, and community of the Camino and of Spain, and, mostly, to see what unfolds.

To those of you have walked one camino or many caminos before me, I thank you for the good counsel and experiences you have shared on this site that have sustained me as I've waited to go myself.
To those of you walking now or about to walk soon, I hope to see some of you there and offer my support in any way I can.
To those of you have not yet walked, I know you will. Your being on this site is a testimony to the calling you feel and the spirit working within you.

¡Buen Camino!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
The person you are now is probably not the person you will be at the end of the Camino. Be kind to yourself and walk with an open mind and heart and humbleness, and above all enjoy this beautifully magical serendipitous path across this most special of countries. Buen Camino

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Buen Camino and remember to be kind and gentle with yourself as you go. Listen to the body and to the Camino itself. May blessings and good fortune go with you.
Ultreia ♥️

I am delighted you are beginning your walk, I have walked every year since 2008 (except COVID). There is nothing like that first glimpse of the cathedral spires and then entering the square. I am always moved to return again....and when I return it is like another first time for me....buen camino...

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

I've just read this article from La Voz de Galicia. A Camino guide and frequent pilgrim with over 30 years of Camino experience calling for some greater regulation of numbers - at least on the...
Hello. I am considering walking the Camino for the first time this fall, probably beginning the third week of September in St. Jean. But I keep reading about how crowded the Camino is, including...
Hello, two weeks ago, I finished the Camino Francés, and while all the recent memories have not properly settled yet, I think enough time has passed to write a bit about my experience of the...
Is there a list of albergues that also have private rooms on the Camino Frances? Gracias.
Can anyone give me (newbie!) some guidance on planning my stages after Roncesvalles? I currently have lodging booked Zubiri, Pamplona and then Puente la Reine, and on from there. I would prefer...
Big stupid question: what if, in the middle of a stage, I realize I can't really walk anymore? For whatever reason, fatigue, pain, etc. How others have treated this? Are there buses usually...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back