• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New in the forum

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2007, Camino Portuges 2008, C. Frances to Leon 2009, C. Norte from Santander 2010, Le Puy to Santiago 2011, Hærvejen Denmark 2012, Sahagun to Santiago 2013, St. Domingo to Leon 2014. Figac to Pamplona 2014. La Plata Sevilla to Aljucén 2016.
Dear camino-friends!
I have visited this site more or less every day after we came back from the camino last may. It is so interesting and inspiring to read about all the expectant people who have plans for walking the camino. It is fantastic!
My wife and I walked fra SJPP to Santiago last april. It was a wish from my wife as a gift for her 60 years birthday.
This year we will walk the Camino Portugues. We leave a cold and rainy Norway 12.03.08.and start the walking from Porto.
erikpilegrim

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello, Erik, (and to your wife!)
Welcome! You are already familiar with the Camino, but I believe every one is unique just as every route is dintinct. I'm sure you'll find lots of wonderful information here to prepare you for your latest Camino.
Today I started a new thread (on the sage advice of JohnnieWalker!) called "Special Kindnesses" it is under the heading "Documents relating to all routes". Perhaps you can recall something to share there from your first Camino. There are so many ways in which the local people assist and are kind to Pilgrims...it is not only a way to let new Pilgrims know what to expect, but it acknowledge publicly the particular warmth and sense of sharing of people all along the Way.
Buen Camino,

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hei, Erik and wife! Another Norwegian here, from the lovely Trondheim, but currently living in the UK. I will be walking the Camino Portugues at just about the same time next year and I am looking forward to it already. Enjoy your camino, both of you, and it would be great to hear how you got on!

itj ĂĄ fĂĄrrĂĄ nĂĄlles,
LM

Hello Erik and your Wife,

There is a lot of excitement as the Class of 2008 begins Its Camino. And, as you said, following along with all their preparations, emotions and plans for this and that...does make the feet tingle to join along.

We all hope to meet along the Milky Way...sometime in the near future.

Buen Camino,
Arn

erikpilegrim said:
We leave a cold and rainy Norway 12.03.08.and start the walking from Porto.
erikpilegrim

How funny...my name is also Erik, and I'm of Norwegian descent. Indeed, I made a pilgrimage of sorts to Oslo back in 2005 (along with Copenhagen and Stockholm). It was cool being mistaken for a Norske and having people speak Norwegian to me.

It seems that my ancestors were kicked out of Norway and sent packing to the hive of wretched scum and villainy that is the USA...glad someone took my forebearers in. Well, have a buen Camino, homey! :wink: :mrgreen: :arrow:

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thank you all for nice response. :D Yes, I'l try to give you a little report after our camino.
It's only four weeks left before we are leaving for Porto!
We look forward to the walk in Portugal and Spain, but are a little anxious to be alone on the camino. Do anybody of you know how many pilgrims there are on Camino Portugues in March?
Erik

erikpilegrim said:
This year we will walk the Camino Portugues

I may be walking it in August from Porto (can't wait to taste some port vino from the source), so perhaps there will be more than one Erik of Norwegian descent in the Santiago roster for 2007...when you finish, you'll have to log back on and provide some info about your experience - Buen Camino! :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.