• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New pilgrim

cbullock

Hi,
My name is Connie and I am planning to leave Los Angeles to walk the Camino beginning June 1. I'm quite uncertain about how to go about the whole thing. So I am guessing as I go. I will be walking alone until I meet up with someone on the trail. I plan to arrive in Madrid and make my way to St Jean Pied de Port, where I will begin walking. Honestly, I don't have much of a clue as what I am doing, plus, I speak very little Spanish. I just know that at this time in my life I need to get away and spend time talking to God, and just see me apart from everything else in my life -- introduce "me" to myself. I feel certain that this walk will enrich my life in ways I have not imagined.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Welcome to this virtual albergue, cbullock. u'll find that a lot of us share ur feelings, albeit in diff ways, ur definitely not alone. Check out the web page subjects, and join our on-going dialogues. Buen Camino, xm 8)

Welcome Connie. You will find all you need to know on this forum if you read a lot and ask many questions. :wink:

When you say you leave on June 1 but you are incertain how to go about it, you must be rather well prepared as there is less than 3 weeks left...

In any event just listen to the little voice inside and do wathever it tells you to do... including getting a light backpack, a good pair of shoes which you will have to break soon, lightweight clothing, guide, etc..... :roll:

Buen camino Connie

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Connie,...welcome !!

I wish you a good Camino.....start with a positive attitude and an open frame of mind....find a walking pace that you are
comfortable with and after a day or two things will fall into place,every-
thing you need will be available,(you are not crossing the Sahara Desert!!)
You will meet lots of wonderful people and I hope you meet your inner-
self as well......Buen Camino,Les

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.