• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

new to the forum

karenp

Time of past OR future Camino
camino (2013)
Myself and a co-worker will be walking the Camino Frances starting the 1st of Sept/2013. I have really injoyed all the posts. Some very good advise here. Looking forward to the experience.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Hi Alex
We are originally from Warren. Booked tickets last week ... It's abit scarey and not sure if I'm doing right thing but Mark Twains quote rings in my ears ....
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

Hola karenp,
Glad your picking up advice here.
Feel free to ask questions if you can't find what you're looking for.
Hoping that the months leading up to your Camino are exciting.
Buen Camino
Col

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Greetings -
I am new to the Forum as well (and am not altogether sure how to navigate my way thru this - being the techno=challenged being that I am!!).
My name is Marta and I will be walking from Leon to Santiago, alone, and would love to connect with folks along the way - especially the first day as I amble out the door in search of that first yellow arrow!
I live in Oakland, California,and this is the first time I will be on the Camino.
I hope to arrive in Leon on May 9th and start the walk on May 11th. I need to be in Madrid by May 30th. I welcome any and all suggestions as to where to stay the two nights in Leon. I also welcome any recommendations about where to sleep each night along the way. I am not adverse to asking for help, especially as I first get my bearings.

Buen Camino to all and hope to connect with fellow travelers soon!
Marta

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Gay, I’m new to the forum as I’m walking my first Camino, the Camino Ingles beginning the 20th of June 2024 and wondering if there are any AA meetings along that route
Hi walking the Norte starting in late August. Would appreciate hearing from anyone else who has/is starting in August.
Hi, I’m new to the group as I’m finally hiking my first El Camino this month, El Camino Ingles, beginning June 21, 2024
Hello, my name is Wendy and I walked the Camino Primitivo in September 2022 and I’m planning to walk the full Camino Portugues from Lisbon to Santiago beginning September 7, 2024, in honor of my...
Hello! I and my friend Cecilia will walk Camino Ingles with start 4th of October. We are so excited to our first but not last Camino. Buen Camino to all of you.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.