• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Nice place to stay in Pamploma

mcopeland

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances - April-June, 2016
Portuguese Lisbon-Santiago - October, 2017
My husband and I start from St. Jean on 4/26, stopping at Orisson, Roncesvailles, and then 2 more days to Pamploma (we are taking it slowly). April 30th is our anniversary, and we'd like to stay a couple of days in Pamploma. Not incredibly expensive, but nice (no bunkbeds!). Any suggestions for a nice pension/hotel? And a nice place for dinner?
Thanks. Mary

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Depends on your definition of incredibly expensive but La Perla has pilgrim's rates and so perhaps it is only expensive. But it was nice for our 40th anniversary.

Hotel Eslava is a simple,clean pension with bath as well as showers (bliss for a pilgrim) and you could always ask for a room with a balcony looking out over the monastery/convent next door and to the mountains in the distance. The owners are very welcoming and can advise where to eat. It is cheap and available on Booking.com. Congratulations on your forthcoming anniversary and Buen Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
We checked into Pension Otano on Calle San Nicholas. They have a very good restaurant on first floor. Go there to check in.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I am going to get over jet-lag in Pamplona at Hostal Arriazu. It is located in the heart of the town and rated well on trip advisor. I haven't stayed their before, so I am counting on the Trip Advisor ratings.

Another vote for Hotel Eslava - we stayed there 2 nights. Kind and friendly people, comfortable room at a reasonable price. Really good breakfast too! I don't think they do dinner, but it's right in the heart of the old City so nothing is far away. Plus it's only just off the Camino, so you just walk down the short street and you're on your way.

Pension Sarasate has just reopened after being completely rebuilt.
It is no longer run by José, but by his sister, and she seems very nice.
We're staying there on the 10th May.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hotel Eslava is a simple,clean pension with bath as well as showers (bliss for a pilgrim) and you could always ask for a room with a balcony looking out over the monastery/convent next door and to the mountains in the distance. The owners are very welcoming and can advise where to eat. It is cheap and available on Booking.com. Congratulations on your forthcoming anniversary and Buen Camino!
Couldn't agree more about Hotel Eslava. It is located almost right on top of the old wall and very handy to everything. As for a good restaurant, there are many for your consideration. Just wander around the Old Town and you will be sure to find one. Happy anniversary to you both. Buen Camino.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back