A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

November pilgrims?

I know it's definitely a weird time, but is anyone here doing the Camino this month? I've been in Europe traveling for three months and would like to end by doing a 10 day portion of the trail. If I only have that much time, where do you think I should start from--Leon?

Advertisment

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
The weather has been fantastic so far in November i Galicia, we still have temperatures in the low 20c and sun. This might of course change in the next 10 minutes (weather changes fast here :), but the weather man "promised" nice and warm weather at least until Sunday (Nov 12th 2006).

I think November sounds like a good month to walk. But be ready for colder weather. 20c is not the normal temperature this time of year. As for some weather statistics, have a look here:

http://www.pilgrim-wiki.com/index.php?title=Weather

As for starting point, my guide books recommends 12 days from Leon, but I am sure it can be done if you do it in a hurry (a bad way of walking your camino by the way). What about starting in O Cebreiro, and then taking it easy leaving a day or so in Santiago and maybe a visit to Finisterre (bus or walking depending on your days left over).

Buen camino,
Ivar

10 days.....

Just got back from there (when it was still raining hard).... you could always start from O Cebreiro... or otherwise from Samos (the Benedictine Monastery/refugio is wonderful) and really enjoy Galicia.... then you could always have a bit more time to enjoy Santiago or go further to Finisterre....

Buen Camino!

Lupita

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.6%