• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

O Cebreiro accommodations in April 2016

WalkCWalk

Time of past OR future Camino
sept. 2014
Suggestions for private rooms please. The Hotel O'Cebreiro is completo for the date we need. Thanks so much. Cindy

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
In 2013 I stayed at the Casa Rural Carolo. Was a very basic place. No complaints. I got to O'Cebreiro in the afternoon and the albergue was full so I grabbed a room wherever I could.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Suggestions for private rooms please. The Hotel O'Cebreiro is completo for the date we need. Thanks so much. Cindy
I have stayed twice in Casa Anton 952151336 in centre of village. Quaint stone house. I think it was 30E for private room/ensuite. Booked the day before from Vilafranca.

We have slept in Casa Carolo + diner.
It was ten years ago. Nice view from room, confortable room with basic confort.
Negatives points : diner and poor welcome.
Our guests didn't serve breakfast before 8.30 a.m.

Stayed at VENTA CELTA in O'Cebreiro last 21 Sept. Phone: 34667553006. Although, I had Camino Ways Tours out of Dublin book this as part of a 10 day self guided packageDSCN4187.jpeg

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Casa Carolo good room and great meal.

I no longer bother trying to stay at O'Cebreiro. For me it is simply not worth the hassle. There are nowhere near the number of rooms available that are needed, from April though September. This is a very popular place and there is no sign that additional bed space will open up any time soon. Also, the Xunta albergue there has seen better days. It is fine in a pinch, if you arrive in time and there is space, but, this place too is over-subscribed.

I stay before or after O'Cebreiro in pre-reserved rooms. On occasion I stay before O'Cebreiro at the Vega de Valcarce truck stop hotel. It is a secret value, and one I highly recommend if you have not tried it. Huge inexpensive rooms, laundry facilities on site, and just across the river from the main route.

Depending on the weather, the next day, I either walk up, over, and beyond O'Cebreiro, or, if the weather is adverse, I will taxi to O'Cebreiro to avoid the hazardous mud slog walking uphill from the valley. Once you are on top of the hill at O'Cebreiro, making Tricastela that day is no problem, plus it is mostly downhill...

This is just one person's opinion... If you have a secret to finding advance booking for a room at O'Cebreiro, go for it. I still stop in for coffee, and lunch or breakfast, but I no longer linger there. Once was enough. if they want my custom, they will create more rooms... THAT is going to become the problem along the length of the Camino Frances as the numbers grow each year.

I hope this helps the dialog. You are free to disagree with my approach to this housing shortage, but I refuse to be a victim. So, I vote with my feet, literally...

Most read last week in this forum

Snoring (another post ...) After 4 days of seriously noisy snorers in albergues, I was getting increasingly drained during the day. At one point, I was thinking whether I can continue, whether I...
I wasn't sure I was going to post "live from the Camino" for this Camino. I'm happy to do so on my solo Caminos, but when I am walking with family, my focus is a little elsewhere and I am mindful...
Hi All! I will arrive SDC on 5/17 and need a bed for 5/17 & 18. I can't find anything ,( well, the Parador for 800eu). Any & all help is greatly appreciated. I've checked gronze and all apps...
Hello; I started my camino on May 15th, today husband and I walked from Roncesvalles to Zubiri. I did the Camino in 2019 and the path from alto erro to Zubiri has eroded and is more hazardous...
We all know there are a lot of bikers on the shared Camino path. I was knocked over in the town of Villatuerta and had to return immediately to the US for treatment after destroying my Camino on...
I've been reading about the different routes etc and I have seen that the longest route is over a month, but also that some people just walk for a weekend or a few days or a week. I want to do a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back