• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

O Cebreiro accommodations in April 2016

WalkCWalk

Time of past OR future Camino
sept. 2014
Suggestions for private rooms please. The Hotel O'Cebreiro is completo for the date we need. Thanks so much. Cindy

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
In 2013 I stayed at the Casa Rural Carolo. Was a very basic place. No complaints. I got to O'Cebreiro in the afternoon and the albergue was full so I grabbed a room wherever I could.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Suggestions for private rooms please. The Hotel O'Cebreiro is completo for the date we need. Thanks so much. Cindy
I have stayed twice in Casa Anton 952151336 in centre of village. Quaint stone house. I think it was 30E for private room/ensuite. Booked the day before from Vilafranca.

We have slept in Casa Carolo + diner.
It was ten years ago. Nice view from room, confortable room with basic confort.
Negatives points : diner and poor welcome.
Our guests didn't serve breakfast before 8.30 a.m.

Stayed at VENTA CELTA in O'Cebreiro last 21 Sept. Phone: 34667553006. Although, I had Camino Ways Tours out of Dublin book this as part of a 10 day self guided packageDSCN4187.jpeg

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Casa Carolo good room and great meal.

I no longer bother trying to stay at O'Cebreiro. For me it is simply not worth the hassle. There are nowhere near the number of rooms available that are needed, from April though September. This is a very popular place and there is no sign that additional bed space will open up any time soon. Also, the Xunta albergue there has seen better days. It is fine in a pinch, if you arrive in time and there is space, but, this place too is over-subscribed.

I stay before or after O'Cebreiro in pre-reserved rooms. On occasion I stay before O'Cebreiro at the Vega de Valcarce truck stop hotel. It is a secret value, and one I highly recommend if you have not tried it. Huge inexpensive rooms, laundry facilities on site, and just across the river from the main route.

Depending on the weather, the next day, I either walk up, over, and beyond O'Cebreiro, or, if the weather is adverse, I will taxi to O'Cebreiro to avoid the hazardous mud slog walking uphill from the valley. Once you are on top of the hill at O'Cebreiro, making Tricastela that day is no problem, plus it is mostly downhill...

This is just one person's opinion... If you have a secret to finding advance booking for a room at O'Cebreiro, go for it. I still stop in for coffee, and lunch or breakfast, but I no longer linger there. Once was enough. if they want my custom, they will create more rooms... THAT is going to become the problem along the length of the Camino Frances as the numbers grow each year.

I hope this helps the dialog. You are free to disagree with my approach to this housing shortage, but I refuse to be a victim. So, I vote with my feet, literally...

Most read last week in this forum

A message has just been posted on the Facebook account of the albergue in Roncesvalles. It seems the combination of pilgrim numbers beyond their capacity and poor weather has made this a difficult...
I’m on the Camino Frances since April 4. I just finished the Meseta and it feels unpleasantly busy and has since the beginning. No time time to smell the roses or draw much. There is a sense from...
Hello, I'll be starting the Camino soon and there's one bit of it that worries me. The descent from Collado de Lepoeder to Roncesvalles seems quite steep (according to the Wise Pilgrim app) which...
We are in SJPP today While we were standing in line today, one of my pilgrims met 3 people from Taiwan, who could not find a bed. He said he also saw several people on their phones, frantically...
Good morning, all: I'll be starting my first-ever Camino (and first trip to Europe, actually) in one month. I'd appreciate any and all advice regarding the price(s)/price range for lunches on the...
Hi everyone. My name is Nika. I plan to take my backpack, and go on Camino in the end of the next week. I still don’t know how will I get from Kyiv to France. And what city should I come to… I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back