• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Off Camino (from Belorado) - Ermita de Santa Brigada

Niels

camino mi privio
Time of past OR future Camino
Norte, Primitivo, Muxia 2016; Frances 2018 + 2022
Hi guys, I wonder, if anyone here has visited the old ermita (Santa Brigada) just outside San Vicente del Valle. Which could be visited on a day's walk from Belorado. And if anybody has stayed in the village. There appears to be a man called José to contact. I'll go there anyway - and try to contact José. Just wondered if anybody has been there.

Thanks, Niels.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Niels,
I'm curious. Where did you see this site mentioned and have you seen this site marked on a map ? Good luck in your search. When you do visit please post what you find.
I can't remenber, but I stumbled across it on the internet a couple of years ago on the internet while chelcking out interesting places visit off the Frances. I do have noticed, it should be an ermita from the 10th centrury in need of restoration. And the person to contact was this José. Nothing much is to be found about this. But you're able to see it on maps.google just a few hundreds meters south of San Vicente del Valle passing a casa rural. You will be able to see pics of it. As I remember it, restoration was in the process, but I would really love seeing what is left before an eventually restoration. I have kept José's e-mail, so I'll just write him, and hope he's still having it.

Niels,

The photos on Google look great. Enjoy your visit.
Carpe diem!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.