• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Offering a warm pilgrim welcome in Alba

gregorydedman

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2007, 2010, Camino Portuguese 2016, Camino Catalan 2013
Hi fellow pilgrims!

I'm a long-time poster here and several times a pilgrim myself but life has settled down a little now and I find myself living and working the summer in the city of Alba, Piedmont, Italy where I see those little yellow arrows and St Francis crosses on the pavements and lamp posts daily.

I must admit it does stir the pilgrim in me and so my partner and I would like to offer some pilgrim hospitality here in Alba for any pilgrims walking through the city. We have comfortable private en-suite twin room and the opportunity to share some past pilgrim stories. :)

There is no fee of course.

Please feel free to pass this on to any weary friends or relatives you may have out there walking this route as posts here tend to drop away from the top of the board.

We really hope to see some of you and welcome you with some trail magic, a warm bed, good shower and good company.

Buen Camino

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi fellow pilgrims!

I'm a long-time poster here and several times a pilgrim myself but life has settled down a little now and I find myself living and working the summer in the city of Alba, Piedmont, Italy where I see those little yellow arrows and St Francis crosses on the pavements and lamp posts daily.

I must admit it does stir the pilgrim in me and so my partner and I would like to offer some pilgrim hospitality here in Alba for any pilgrims walking through the city. We have comfortable private en-suite twin room and the opportunity to share some past pilgrim stories. :)

There is no fee of course.

Please feel free to pass this on to any weary friends or relatives you may have out there walking this route as posts here tend to drop away from the top of the board.

We really hope to see some of you and welcome you with some trail magic, a warm bed, good shower and good company.

Buen Camino

What a great post! When we try to explain to people about the attraction of doing caminos, it is so much about the fantastic kindnesses that happen unexpectedly along the way. I'm sure you will give many footsore pilgrims an experience to talk about and remember.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Great offer @gregorydedman. Have you any way for pilgrims to contact you, besides here? Where in Alba are you located?

Great to see that pilgrim-to-pilgrim hospitality is alive and kicking in Italy. Buen Camino y Albergue, SY

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi all, a better way to contact me is through my mobile. Text, call or Whatsapp. +44 (0)7532823027.
I am in the West of Alba, just out of town near to the hill village of Roddi, i have a vehicle with enough space for bikes if some of you are cycling too. I'm a five minute drive away from the official route and can collect if you give me a rough ETA.

Hi Johnnie! Life is good, a few adventures since I was last here, now living in remote Bulgaria hills but working the summer in Italy. I hope you are well :)

Actually, I should ask, despite searching, I cannot find any specific information online regarding the route in this part of Piedmont. I suspect the route through Alba is not on the main VF route over the Alps, more of a link to the Camino Frances but if anyone had some links, or a map source, I'd be very interested.

Buen Camino

@gregorydedman Hope that you will see some pilgrims coming your way. Thanks for the contact info, whish you a great summer in Italy. :)

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a place to stay in Jougne, the end of the last stage in France? Thanks. Karl

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back