• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

On Lourdes and Hope

mspath

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
February 11 is the Feast day at Lourdes in the French Pyrenees. Read more about this very special place in this current article.

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
@mspath thank you for this interesting article. We will be visiting Lourdes in April while walking Chemin due Piemont Pyrénéen. Regardless of belief, this significant place has and will continue to provide comfort and hope for many. 🙏

We visited Lourdes many years ago. I am not Catholic or religious but I found the procession in the evening a powerful experience. The town left much to be desired. But that should not deter anyone from going to Lourdes.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
February 11 is the Feast day at Lourdes in the French Pyrenees. Read more about this very special place in this current article.

Thank you for posting this article about Lourdes on the feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.In 2019 I was a volunteer there in
La Ruche which is a gîte and the home of Jean- Louis Doux.The rear of the gîte overlooks the Sanctuary and I have attached a photo taken from the balcony.
It just so happened the annual military pilgrimage was also taking place whilst I was there.
This pilgrimage was inaugurated in 1958
and in 2019 there were soldiers from more than 40 nations assembled in the Sanctuary.It was a wonderful spectacle.
I have attached some photos.
Unfortunately the Pandemic impacted on this event and hopefully it will resume in the near future.Lourdes is ,indeed ,a very special place and I was privileged to be there.

Attachments

• IMG_20220211_164512.jpg
    IMG_20220211_164512.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
Yes, thank you.

I arrived late last night after 24 hours of travel. I attended the special 10:00 mass this morning which had terrific attendance (held inside due to rain) and the largest amount of priests that I have ever seen. Following mass, everyone proceeded to the Grotto where they completely opened it for the first time in almost 2 years. The line was long but the rain did not deter anyone.

This evening, the weather was dry and about 8C/46F. While not nearly the procession size that I witnessed in Fatima (August vs February; pre-pandemic vs now), it was impressive nonetheless. A truly special day for me!

One more night in Lourdes and it's off to the Camino Aragones for 1-2 days. Cheers, Jeff

We visited Lourdes many years ago. I am not Catholic or religious but I found the procession in the evening a powerful experience. The town left much to be desired. But that should not deter anyone from going to Lourdes.
I loved Lourdes, which was my starting point in 2016. I lit a candle before I started walking for those suffering in Syria at the time. The evening procession was beautiful and the morning mass in the grotto was said in several languages, including arabic. Truly a place of peace.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

I've just finished walking Toulouse to Jaca on my pilgrimage from Rome to Santiago which I'm in doing gradually 3 weeks at a time. I spent a lot of time reading the posts about this section and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back