• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino On the Camino Inglés, April 2023

Time of past OR future Camino
Inglès April 2023
Primitivo July 2023
This Trail is FULL. Accommodation at pinch points full - Pontedeume hostel full shortly after opening, hotels only and all the cheap one's full. Bruma completely full. Apparently there's a group of around 40 Spanish pilgrims , plus loads more . Met a family of 5 - the 10 ? Year old boy is constantly dribbling a football - and a few more spainards. I hadn't realised, but of course this week is a holiday for many. Plus possibly a few over from one of the other Caminos (? Closed because of fire?). The hospitalier in San Lorenzo Bruma advised me that yesterday was worse, with pilgrims who started on the weekend - I started Monday. I'd booked, the public albergue opened at 13.00 but had a que outside greater than capacity from 11.00. All the local hotels are full, MANY pilgrims had to walk the extra 10 kms on to the next town. Sadly some of my Camino family with them! Luckily when I heard yesterday in Betanzos how full the town was, a couple of then managed to book hotels nearby before they fulled up . They tell me it's only pilgrims there! The hospitaler here tells me she expects July and August will also surpass capacity - many days are already fully booked.🇳🇿

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
When I was thinking about walking the Inglés from Ferrol, I did some homework. In my case, the normal roll up to municipal albergues was out of the question. There are few, and young people may get there before you. You need to arrive early to secure a bed.
So I took an informed decision and booked accommodation. First time on any camino.
I did not regret it. We were assured of a room with a bed, and options for meals. There was no rush, no pressure.
A not to be missed experience is the cafe where the two sisters welcome you hail rain or shine. I forget, but maybe Cafe Adelina.
I would not book the first lodging in Neda or the one in Bruma again, but the rest were ideal, especially Siguiero. That was a pure delight of a place. (Albergue Camino Real or something like that.)
I say this to encourage others who may not have known that while it is a very real and historic camino, you do have to take account of accommodation factors. long legged pilgrims do not need to pay attention to my comments.
The little inconveniences such as hills can be dealt with by careful pacing, judicial looking back at appropriate moments, and the weather - well, take a poncho! (and a lot of laughter ready to be used up as required).

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
This Trail is FULL. Accommodation at pinch points full - Pontedeume hostel full shortly after opening, hotels only and all the cheap one's full. Bruma completely full. Apparently there's a group of around 40 Spanish pilgrims , plus loads more . Met a family of 5 - the 10 ? Year old boy is constantly dribbling a football - and a few more spainards. I hadn't realised, but of course this week is a holiday for many. Plus possibly a few over from one of the other Caminos (? Closed because of fire?). The hospitalier in San Lorenzo Bruma advised me that yesterday was worse, with pilgrims who started on the weekend - I started Monday. I'd booked, the public albergue opened at 13.00 but had a que outside greater than capacity from 11.00. All the local hotels are full, MANY pilgrims had to walk the extra 10 kms on to the next town. Sadly some of my Camino family with them! Luckily when I heard yesterday in Betanzos how full the town was, a couple of then managed to book hotels nearby before they fulled up . They tell me it's only pilgrims there! The hospitaler here tells me she expects July and August will also surpass capacity - many days are already fully booked.🇳🇿
I know it does not help but I walked in October and it was glorious weather and gloriously empty - I hope you enjoy it nonetheless.

When I was thinking about walking the Inglés from Ferrol, I did some homework. In my case, the normal roll up to municipal albergues was out of the question. There are few, and young people may get there before you. You need to arrive early to secure a bed.
So I took an informed decision and booked accommodation. First time on any camino.
I did not regret it. We were assured of a room with a bed, and options for meals. There was no rush, no pressure.
A not to be missed experience is the cafe where the two sisters welcome you hail rain or shine. I forget, but maybe Cafe Adelina.
I would not book the first lodging in Neda or the one in Bruma again, but the rest were ideal, especially Siguiero. That was a pure delight of a place. (Albergue Camino Real or something like that.)
I say this to encourage others who may not have known that while it is a very real and historic camino, you do have to take account of accommodation factors. long legged pilgrims do not need to pay attention to my comments.
The little inconveniences such as hills can be dealt with by careful pacing, judicial looking back at appropriate moments, and the weather - well, take a poncho! (and a lot of laughter ready to be used up as required).
Yep, I'd researched & booked everything too - time constraints. Walked past Neda, way too early with such flat easy walking. I'm in Albergue Camino Real right now, but took the luxury of a private room, so not in the main Albergue. Been incredibly lucky weather wise - sunshine!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
What a difference a few weeks make. I started on March 15th and there was a total of 6 of us walking each day. I stayed in private rooms along the way and didn't see any other people in my hotel / pensions.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back