• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

One of the best video blogs I have seen!

Gareth Griffith

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPdP to Santiago de Compestela in May(2016)
This camino vblog has been done by a 37 year old Cuban walking the Camino from SJPdP. He takes a drone with him which gives you a superb bird's eye view of parts of the route.
Throughout the videos he gives what, to my mind, is one of the truest accounts of what daily life is like whilst walking to Santiago.
You will see him staying at some of the same albergues you stopped at and eating/drinking at some of the same bars that you too stopped and had a rest.
Go to Youtube.com and insert "summit extreme camino de santiago day 1" into the search bar. He is very likeable person and at the end of every day gives an indication of what he has spent that day.
For anyone who is considering doing the Camino Frances the videos are a mine of useful hints and tips.
He did the route April May this year (2017) and has so far uploaded as far as day 31 which gets him as far as
A Salceda (last stop before Santiago for most people).
I have had a very pleasant couple of days watching his progress and his professional presentation (with some lovely bits of humour) and await his final videos with bated breath.
I am sure he will have a huge following on youtube as his work becomes better known. In my humble opinion an exceptionally good guide to the Camino Frances.
The only short coming is that by devoting about 15 minutes per day there is a huge amount of stuff that can't be shown, but a bit like a mouthful of food will give you the flavour of a meal, he does the trick!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I have seen his Youtube videos, and I Think they are the best Camino videos I´ve seen so far. I really like his pictures from the drone, they are great. :) For those of you that havn´t seen Summit Extremes vlog, I can highly recommend it.

A drone! Is nothing sacred? Is nowhere safe from intrusive recording angels, or rather, devils? Birds' eye views are for the birds!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
This camino vblog has been done by a 37 year old Cuban walking the Camino from SJPdP. He takes a drone with him which gives you a superb bird's eye view of parts of the route.

The young man is an American of Cuban descent, his family having escaped the Castro regime. I have enjoyed watching his video series several times, and find the blend of humor, practical suggestions on Camino preparation, and the way the Camino actually is, a worthwhile time.

He can be found on Youtube under "SummitXtreme". He is on my subscriber list.

Another of my favorites is "Camino de Santiago and Finisterre – Documentary Film" found at

Thanks for mentioning this video. The drone footage is great. I'm not walking till next May so I'm sticking to the first video. I've told myself I can look at stage 1 stuff and leave the rest as more of a surprise!

Last edited:
Yes! We discovered him a few weeks ago and eagerly await his final days of walking to be uploaded. I like that they are in chapters - each day is a different youtube clip. He is very watchable. As davebugg said, I find the blend of humor, practical suggestions on Camino preparation plus the daily price break down most informative. From memory, his grandfather was from one of the towns along the Camino, Great pronunciation of the towns was helpful too.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
This is super cool.

I think it needs a warning though to watch when you get back rather than before. It may just take a little from the experience of discovering things yourself!

But if you're in any way nervous or unsure, then this should definitely ease you on your way.

Top marks!

I watched two episodes. And he didn't meet or talk to anyone.... People are at least half of the Camino!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I watched two episodes. And he didn't meet or talk to anyone.... People are at least half of the Camino!
I think he's meeting people; he's just not including them in his video. He did say he stopped for a drink with some Spaniards, in Zubiri I think. The albergue in Larrasona had lots of laundry on the line...or maybe that was Roncesvalles.

Call me a curmudgeon but had I been walking anywhere near this guy, I'd have made a point of getting as much space between him and me as possible.
A drone?! No, thanks.

So, OK, a drone makes for a nice vblog. Completely leaving aside the point of doing that (which is another topic altogether), it's intrusive as heck. Perhaps the lack of people was him being sensitive to that? I do hope so.

...The drone footage is great. I'm not walking till next May so I'm sticking to the first video. I've told myself I can look at stage 1 stuff and leave the rest and more of a surprise!
Completely agree on the quality of drone footage. And also that you should watch the rest after your Camino. For me it's very nice now but I don't think I would be as happy Caminoist as I am if I would see it before...

...Great pronunciation of the towns was helpful too.
Not really :) Almost half of the villages he mentioned are pronounced wrong...

I usually take about 2000 photos/month on Camino. And rarely there is a portrait among them. Maybe a few here and there taken with an extreme zoom lense. I just don't want to enter people's lives as someone just passing through. Also asking them allowance to photo them - the magic is all gone by then even if they agree...

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
It's your choice whether you watch it before or afterwards. I don't think he is spoiling much as he's only giving 15 minutes maximum to each day. No matter how good you are, you can't compress a full day into 15 minutes.
Personally I am one of those that believes in PPPPPP. The mountain rescue people and the lifeboat people have a great time rescuing those people that haven't prepared properly and didn't know what to expect.

VNwalking you are a curmudgeon. A drone intrusive? I'm sure the cows, sheep, hills and cathedrals are all up in arms about the drone that filmed them and ruined their privacy.

I was a day behind this guy much of the walk. I recall someone asking me if I had see the guy with the drone. Though we never crossed paths it is really neat seeing this. He did am excellent job and seems like a funny guy. Also, it made my "missing the camino" symptoms flare up. Hope to do it again one day.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Well, you don't really have to :)
For example first time he pronounced Belorado it was Belarado and the second time it was correct. Many such cases especially with Basque names for villages. I'm not trying to lesser his effort to make a very good blog which is full of important info for first timers and also full of really nice shots. As a film professional (and pilgrim!!!) I can also imagine what a demanding task to do such a vlog it is. So no disrespect to this guy whatsoever!!!

But to throw away headlamp (with the battery inside!), spork and two other items into a street trash bin... well, I'm speechless...

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Well, you don't really have to :)
For example first time he pronounced Belorado it was Belarado and the second time it was correct. Many such cases especially with Basque names for villages. I'm not trying to lesser his effort to make a very good blog which is full of important info for first timers and also full of really nice shots. As a film professional (and pilgrim!!!) I can also imagine what a demanding task to do such a vlog it is. So no disrespect to this guy whatsoever!!!

But to throw away headlamp (with the battery inside!), spork and two other items into a street trash bin... well, I'm speechless...
Fully agree the chucking of excess gear into a bin is a definite faux pas. The drill is to leave it in an albergue for someone else who could use it.
However, fully agree that a spork and headlamps are totally unnecessary and had he done his Camino before mine, watching it would have saved me a few bob.
Regarding his pronunciation l would guess with him being a Spanish speaker his is better than mine and most other pilgrims. Having said that, there has been examples in the UK of Australians asking for directions to " Loogeberoogie" when they meant Loughborough.

Fully agree the chucking of excess gear into a bin is a definite faux pas. The drill is to leave it in an albergue for someone else who could use it.
However, fully agree that a spork and headlamps are totally unnecessary and had he done his Camino before mine, watching it would have saved me a few bob.
Regarding his pronunciation l would guess with him being a Spanish speaker his is better than mine and most other pilgrims. Having said that, there has been examples in the UK of Australians asking for directions to " Loogeberoogie" when they meant Loughborough.
Thought it was pronounced "Low Brow" or should it be "Loch Broch"?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Its a beautiful series he has created, I hope it doesn't start a torrent of people bringing drones on the camino but for what he's done it's absolutely first rate. I watched all the episodes and he recently uploaded the latest as he finished and he captures the scenery perfectly and narrates well. It is true it doesn't really capture the camaraderie or go into any detail about how painful the camino can be at times, both physically and emotionally but I think he was just so excited about these videos some aspects may have escaped the narrative. In any case, its the best video set by far on the camino and seeing the towns from above was fantastic. I've walked the camino 4 times now so this birds eye view brought an added dimension. I loved them and Im glad he took the time to do this - its a super piece of content and I applaud him.

A drone! Is nothing sacred? Is nowhere safe from intrusive recording angels, or rather, devils? Birds' eye views are for the birds!

I thought so as well.
After watching the videos it is more complicated for me. I liked the videos very much and I think, that the blogger used his drone rather responsibly.

So I hope that drones get not common on the Camino. But I am glad that the blogger used his drone for the birds' eye views - videos...

I think it needs a warning though to watch when you get back rather than before. It may just take a little from the experience of discovering things yourself!

I have to wait for more than 10 months to begin my camino... so I can at least watch and dream a little bit.

And now it is time for a mini-training-walk for about an hour in the night.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I've watched all of them....

My feelings towards this are on a bit of a duality here! The photography is amazing and brings back a lot of good memories from a different perspective!

But, I have also to agree with criticisms on the Drone! Maybe this is going way too far! :eek::D:p

The final episode is just the best one! He nailed on the editing and emotion on that video!

I just hope and pray people DO NOT start bringing drones to the Camino...

Just out of curiosity, I was on the Frances on my second camino, and some scenes of the movie The Way were being recorded. Right there and then we were talking about what would be the repercussions of a "Hollywood" movie to the Camino.

After that, the first time I was back at the Frances ( in 2013) I was really shocked on how the movie influenced the people walking it (got to know the expression "herds of pilgrims":D:D:D)

So, if you reading this, please... DO NOT try to do the same as others, leave your drone at home!

Buen Camino!;)

Throughout the videos he gives what, to my mind, is one of the truest accounts of what daily life is like whilst walking to Santiago.
You will see him staying at some of the same albergues you stopped at and eating/drinking at some of the same bars that you too stopped and had a rest.
Go to Youtube.com and insert "summit extreme camino de santiago day 1" into the search bar. He is very likeable person and at the end of every day gives an indication of what he has spent that day.
For anyone who is considering doing the Camino Frances the videos are a mine of useful hints and tips.
He did the route April May this year (2017) and has so far uploaded as far as day 31 which gets him as far as
I have had a very pleasant couple of days watching his progress and his professional presentation (with some lovely bits of humour) and await his final videos with bated breath.
I am sure he will have a huge following on youtube as his work becomes better known. In my humble opinion an exceptionally good guide to the Camino Frances.
The only short coming is that by devoting about 15 minutes per day there is a huge amount of stuff that can't be shown, but a bit like a mouthful of food will give you the flavour of a meal, he does the trick!

Very well done....have watched all , he has nice since of humour. This is also v.good

It’s excellent as is this

€83,-
I walked same dates as this guy, I did the Camino almost the same dates and I saw him many days . I didn't talk to him directly but a few people I met on the Camino talked with him. I noticed him with his big camera but it was never annoying for other people, and I saw the drone only once. I think if everybody would have a drone yes it would be annoying, but I saw him many times and it was never a problem! I didn't see the whole serie yet, just the final video, it's really nice to see a lot of people I walked with and talked to !!

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back