• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

One thing we can all do together for Denise

Time of past OR future Camino
Yearly and Various 2014-2019
Via Monastica 2022
A suggestion and wondering what you think.
We are all praying for Denise's safety and hope for a happy outcome.

If all of us spend 5 minutes once (or even twice) a day to pray together, the collective energy and intention will be that much more powerful. And if you are not the praying type, simply to spend that time focusing your energy on wishing her well is as beneficial.

My thought is this:
That we (those who can) do 5 minutes of focused prayer or well-wishing daily for Denise and her Family at 7:00PM Spain time.
(I think this is 1:00PM EST and 10:00PM PST in the US/Canada, 8:00 AM in NZ, and 11:00 AM on the East Coast of OZ right? Please correct me if this is wrong. That leaves Asia out of the loop, sorry. Someone has to be in the middle of the night. But I am guessing most forum members will be in Europe, the US/Canada, and NZ/Oz.)

I know I am not the only person who is deeply touched by this and wanting to help. Having searched our photos, memories, and spread the word far and wide, now it is up to the police and those on the ground. But this is something else we can actively do!
Anyone up for this?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

If all of us spend 5 minutes once (or even twice) a day to pray together, the collective energy and intention will be that much more powerful. And if you are not the praying type, simply to spend that time focusing your energy on wishing her well is as beneficial.

My thought is this:
That we (those who can) do 5 minutes of focused prayer or well-wishing daily for Denise and her Family at 7:00PM Spain time.
(I think this is 1:00PM EST and 10:00PM PST in the US/Canada, 8:00 AM in NZ, and 11:00 AM on the East Coast of OZ right? Please correct me if this is wrong. That leaves Asia out of the loop, sorry. Someone has to be in the middle of the night. But I am guessing most forum members will be in Europe, the US/Canada, and NZ/Oz.)

I know I am not the only person who is deeply touched by this and wanting to help. Having searched our photos, memories, and spread the word far and wide, now it is up to the police and those on the ground. But this is something else we can actively do!
Anyone up for this?
im in

My thought is this:

Anyone up for this?
From Eastern Time (DST right now) until Pacific time is only 4 hours, inclusive. If it's 5 PM in Florida, it's 1 PM in California. I never figured out what the time difference with Spain is, but I expect they're 5 or 6 hours ahead of Florida.
And prayers are never wasted time.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thanks C clearly. You're living up to your name!
7PM in Spain
1PM on the East Coast of the US/Canada
10AM on the West Coast of the US/Canada
You central and Mountain time folks will know where you sit between those 2
(And Hawaii/Alaska...it's 12 hours different from Spain, so 7AM for you...)

Not hearing otherwise NZ and OZ times stand as correct. I don't know the time in West Australia...one of you may have to help me there....

Almost right, @Viranani ;). The East coast of Canada (the Maritime provinces) uses Atlantic time- 1 hour ahead of "Eastern" time. And don't forget Newfoundland and Labrador which are 1/2 hour further ahead! They all are used to figuring this out, but I wanted to recognize them!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
If like me you're confused, timeanddate.com is a lifesaver.
Here's what it said:
7PM in Spain converts to:
6PM BST
2:30PM NDT
2PM ADT
1PM EDT
Noon CDT
11AM MDT
10AM PDT
5AM NZST
3AM AEST
1AM AWST
Sorry, NZ and Australia...the time is not so good for you....and I was way off.

Those who can make it, thank you so much for coming together in Prayer at that time each day for 5 minutes. Let's send Denise and Cedric our heartfelt support!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Thank you YMR20...and to all who prayed together today. See you there tomorrow!
(Wow, we are truly international. Venezuela! Wonderful. Home of El Sistema. Wish I had met you in Spain, YMR20.)

I cannot guarantee a 3am prayer but I will spend my wakeful time during the night praying for Denise and I will add her to my daily Rosary list.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
We still pray for a happy resolution to the mystery of Denise's disappearance! Thank you everyone, for your energy and heartfelt goodwill...day after day.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back