• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Opening hours in Spain in Easter?

alexwalker

Forever Pilgrim
Time of past OR future Camino
2009-2022: CFx6, CP, VdlPx2, Mozarabe, more later.
I am preparing for Spanish Easter before setting out on language training and then the Camino. But I wonder: I would suppose that bars/restaurants are open every day in Easter, but what about shops/supermarkets, markets, other kind of shops (yes, girlfriend is accompanying me and worries... :D). Anyone who knows?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I took Spanish lessons at Alicante several years ago and was there during Easter. There were several holy days in the weeks prior to and after Easter that are official holidays.

Restaurants are open.

Otherwise, if its an official holiday its closed (including the school). If its the day before a holiday it won't be open if it closed for the siesta at 1400.

Some of the main grocery stores were open on reduced hours. My recollection is they posted the hours in days prior.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Thank you very much! I have enlisted with the Enforex school in Alicante from March 28 and 4 weeks on. Well, as long as restaurants are open, we can enjoy tapas, vino, and enjoy life! Thanks again!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I have been on the Camino twice during Easter, and really did not notice any extraordinary closings. It was more the day of the week than the holidays. There are parades from Palm Sunday to Easter, so there were crowds in Leon and Astorga, but restaurants and stores seemed to stick with their regular hours.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back