A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

OUF!!! The heat must be terrible. In Spain

Camino Badges

Jean Ti

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Norte, Primitivo, Frances,Via de la Plata

Trying to do one camino every year
Pilgrims have à difficult lire thèse days!!!

MarkyD

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés 31/08/2018 - 20/10/2018
I just took a picture of current Spain weather and it must .be difficult in thé south...
I live in Madrid and it's like an oven out on the street. Right now it's about 37 degrees, it's been like this for several weeks now. I often think of how pilgrims might be coping on the Caminos of Spain. The Camino del Norte or Camino Inglés wouldn't be so hot though. Galicia is generally much cooler, so some respite from the heat awaits those heading into Galicia.
IMG-20190629-WA0003.jpg

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Sarria to Santiago March 18 , Camino Frances June 18 Camino Frances May 19
I live in Madrid and it's like an oven out on the street. Right now it's about 37 degrees, it's been like this for several weeks now. I often think of how pilgrims might be coping on the Caminos of Spain. The Camino del Norte or Camino Inglés wouldn't be so hot though. Galicia is generally much cooler, so some respite from the heat awaits those heading into Galicia.
View attachment 61606
I was in Caceres last night and we saw a pilgrim on Via Del Plata , I could not believe my eyes . I hope he will be ok

Camino(s) past & future
Camino del Norte Sept 2013
Camino del Norte Sept 2014
Camino del Norte 2015,16,17,18
I'm in the North of England . Sweltering. Thinking of all those on the Camino and wishing you cool breezes

LesBrass

Likes Walking
Camino(s) past & future
yes...
I’m in SW France... yesterday I recorded 41c in my car... parked in the shade in Perigueux... Bordeaux announced their highest recorded temperature of 41.2c. It has been cooler today at 39c but feels hotter... tomorrow could be another 40c before it breaks with rain at the weekend.

I was thinking of any pilgrims walking in France... it has been crazy hot!

Csutak

Camino(s) past & future
C. Frances, Norte, Ingles, Primitivo, Aragones, Vasco, SanSalvador, Fisterre, Muxia - more than once
We are on the Norte after Aviles. The weather has been warm but not hot. Today it rained until 1pm and cooled down the air.

Suzyk

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Portugues (2019)
I walked the Portuguese route by the coast and when I reached the border to Spain and waljed in Galicia it was the chilliest place in Europe during the first heatwave this summer. In Sweden it was 30 degrees C, in Poland 40 and in Galicia 18-25. I wore my fleece in the evenings and sometimes in the mornings. Perfect for walking, not for sunbathing...

MarkyD

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés 31/08/2018 - 20/10/2018
I walked the Portuguese route by the coast and when I reached the border to Spain and waljed in Galicia it was the chilliest place in Europe during the first heatwave this summer. In Sweden it was 30 degrees C, in Poland 40 and in Galicia 18-25. I wore my fleece in the evenings and sometimes in the mornings. Perfect for walking, not for sunbathing...
The cool, green, Celtic province of Spain:
IMG-20190628-WA0000.jpg

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
Kitsambler Weather 1
onwayhome Weather 3
natefaith Weather 12
joe french Weather 18
Marc Everaert Weather 3

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 162 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 261 24.5%