• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Our first Camino

Digz

Time of past OR future Camino
camino from porto in May 2022
Hello all,
James and I are doing our first Camino in May 2022. We're from Philippines but have been in Australia for most of our lives. We are starting from Porto and have chosen the Central Way from Vilar de Pinheiro. We are sooo excited even with the latest quarantine possibility with this Omicron thing (not again!). We have been training since September, buying our outdoor gear and telling everyone what we are planning to do. No way we could back out now! I hope to bump into an Aussie or Pinoy along the way.

Buen Camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hello all,
James and I are doing our first Camino in May 2022. We're from Philippines but have been in Australia for most of our lives. We are starting from Porto and have chosen the Central Way from Vilar de Pinheiro. We are sooo excited even with the latest quarantine possibility with this Omicron thing (not again!). We have been training since September, buying our outdoor gear and telling everyone what we are planning to do. No way we could back out now! I hope to bump into an Aussie or Pinoy along the way.

Buen Camino!
I'm planning to start from Lisbon on April 20th - maybe we will meet up!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
My wife and I did that Camino in Sep 2019. We started from Lisbon, stopped at Porto a week and then went on to Santiago, central route. We enjoyed it heaps. Hot when we did it, so May should be just right. Porto is a fabulous city. People are wonderful. We had good accommodation all the way. You have good reason to be excited. I would be too even if I was doing the exact same route again.
Well, happy preps fellow Aussies and I look forward to your reports!
Good on ya!

I'm planning to start from Lisbon on April 20th - maybe we will meet up!
Oh we are starting from May 5 and finishing May 23 because we are taking 3 overnight stays along the way. You'll be well and truly finished by then? If not, would be lovely to meet you.

A Warm Welcome to the Forum, Digz. :) There will be a lot of us who will enjoy sharing in the excitement when hearing how things unfold while waiting for your date of departure.
Thank you! I want to remember as much as I can on this trip so after a long walk I'll busy myself journalling and sorting out photos. I know it will be awesome!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
My wife and I did that Camino in Sep 2019. We started from Lisbon, stopped at Porto a week and then went on to Santiago, central route. We enjoyed it heaps. Hot when we did it, so May should be just right. Porto is a fabulous city. People are wonderful. We had good accommodation all the way. You have good reason to be excited. I would be too even if I was doing the exact same route again.
Well, happy preps fellow Aussies and I look forward to your reports!
Good on ya!
My co-worker is Portuguese and she comes from Porto near Vila do Conde. She raves about her city and she was surprised I plan to do the Camino because she has not done it. I can practice my Portuguese with her. It's been my dream to visit Portugal and what a better way to start it by doing the Camino. Will post my reports mid next year.

My co-worker is Portuguese and she comes from Porto near Vila do Conde. She raves about her city and she was surprised I plan to do the Camino because she has not done it. I can practice my Portuguese with her. It's been my dream to visit Portugal and what a better way to start it by doing the Camino. Will post my reports mid next year.
Good one. Make the most of it. Having some local language will make a big difference. She’s not wrong about Porto. We walked our feet off there. Hope to go back some day.

Oh we are starting from May 5 and finishing May 23 because we are taking 3 overnight stays along the way. You'll be well and truly finished by then? If not, would be lovely to meet you.
I'll probably reach Porto around the 5th or 6th of May.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Did my camino portuguese in july-august 2020 from Porto (senda litoral) to Finesterre. Will do it again next year the second week of july 2022 starting from Coimbra to Santiago to Muxia hoping the covid situation will be better that time. I am also a Filipino living in Rome, Italy. Just finished my via Francigena this year from La Spezia to Rome. Buen Camino.IMG_20200713_083855.jpgIMG_20200713_083041.jpgIMG_20200730_164215.jpgIMG_20200730_170309.jpg

Hello all,

Buen Camino!
Buen camino. We will be right behind you! We make our first Camino starting in SJPP on June 15, 2022

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back