• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

pack weight

mike mcbroom

Time of past OR future Camino
Francis June 17, 2015 ,Portagusee from Porto to Santiago August 2016, Francis may 2018 this year wil
this May I will start my 4th camino on the Portuguese Way and finish on the Francis.

I always carried to much, upwats of 20 lbs before water.

This time I think I have it correct. I am at 15 lbs before water and that includes guide books (paper). I am feeling pretty good about it this time.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Good job. Your back and legs will thank you every day.

I just really don't do well with weights. Started with a little over 10lbs but as of today, 2 weeks later, I'm walking with about 8. My water is in my pocket.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I do not recommend carrying any water in a backpack for the simple reasons is that it is not necessary and water in the pack can adversely effect your balance at critical moments. I recommend that you use a waist pack with one or two bottles.

10 percent body weight is a good target to aim for.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I do not recommend carrying any water in a backpack for the simple reasons is that it is not necessary and water in the pack can adversely effect your balance at critical moments. I recommend that you use a waist pack with one or two bottles.
@c0484 I am having difficulty comprehending this. What sort of 'critical moments' might one face where water carried in a water bladder or water bottle in a backpack would affect one's balance? How would one's balance be affected?

Most read last week in this forum