Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Published on Amazon
Guide to the 16 main caminos with maps, pictures, hyperlinks and other information.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Pamplona Airport to Zariquiequi

Year of past OR future Camino
I am thinking of flying to Pamplona to start my Camino (Pamplona to Leon, San Salvador, Primitivo) in mid-September. When I Google, it looks like an easy walk from the airport to Zariquiequi. I stayed there on my 2019 Camino. Has anyone walked from the airport to Zariquiegui? Looking for how busy the roads may be as you first depart the airport area. Looks like sidewalk until country roads.

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

mspath

Veteran Member
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
I did this many years ago via walking south from the airport via PA 31 to Noain and then west cross country.

Or you might walk southeast from the airport to Tiebas to join the Camino Aragones. Tiebas has two albergues.

After Tiebas walk west on the CA paralleling route NA-601 to the splendid circular Romanesque church at Eunate where the albergue is now unfortunately closed and then 4k further to Puente la Reina/Gares to meet the Camino Frances.

Happy planning and Buen camino

Last edited:
The thing about that airport is there was (is?) no city bus that runs to it, so I ended up walking into town. It’s a fine route that’s mostly sidewalks albeit not terribly scenic. If you’ve done the walk into Burgos before, it’s a bit like that.

Published on Amazon
Guide to the 16 main caminos with maps, pictures, hyperlinks and other information.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

FRM

How do you walk the Camino? One step at a time.
O'Cebreiro to Santiago (2014)
Pamplona to Sahagun (March 2019)
Sahagun to O’Cebreiro (March 2020)
There was a bus running from the airport to downtown Pamplona when I was there in March of 2019. I took the bus to fortress downtown and picked up the Frances there.

frm

lt56ny

Veteran Member
CF(2012) Le Puy/CF (2015) Portugues (2017) Norte (2018) CF (2019) VDLP?
I did this many years ago via walking south from the airport via PA 31 to Noain and then west cross country.

Or you might walk southeast from the airport to Tiebas to join the Camino Aragones. Tiebas has two albergues.

After Tiebas walk west on the CA paralleling route NA-601 to the splendid circular Romanesque church at Eunate where the albergue is now unfortunately closed and then 4k further to Puente la Reina/Gares to meet the Camino Frances.

Happy planning and Buen camino
How do you remember all that???? Very impressive. I sometimes have trouble finding my bathroom from my bed at night.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads