Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

LIVE from the Camino Pamplona

urbanmamma

Past OR future Camino
We arrived safely and easily into Pamplona from Los Angeles airport. We started meeting pilgrims from the start on am airport bus in Madrid. Waiting for a flight to Pamplona we met several pilgrims, including 3 from our home town, San Diego!! Since this is my first Camino I have nothing to compare it to but have been enjoying Pamplona. This morning we woke early and made it to mass at the cathedral. We were very pleased to have the cathedral as our first stamps in our passports.

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

alexwalker

Forever Pilgrim
Past OR future Camino
(2009): Camino Frances
(2011): Sevilla-Salamanca, VdlP
(2012): Salamanca-SdC, VdlP
(2014): SJpdP-Astorga
(2015): Astorga-SdC
(2016) May Pamplona-Moratinos; Sept.:Burgos-SdC
(2016): August/Sept: Camino San Olav (Burgos-Covarubbias), Burgos-Sarria
(2017): May: Portuguese; Sept: Pamplona-SdC
Pamplona is a good place (my favorite) to start the Camino.

Buen Camino!

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Ourense to Santiago (2019), CF: (2014, 2004, 2002, 2001). On to Fisterra, (2002, 4, 14).
We arrived safely and easily into Pamplona from Los Angeles airport. We started meeting pilgrims from the start on am airport bus in Madrid. Waiting for a flight to Pamplona we met several pilgrims, including 3 from our home town, San Diego!! Since this is my first Camino I have nothing to compare it to but have been enjoying Pamplona. This morning we woke early and made it to mass at the cathedral. We were very pleased to have the cathedral as our first stamps in our passports.

Buen camino from Los Angeles.

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
A Quest of St. James, Tommy Ray, Book Cover, Image
Come follow the vivid imagery of this life-changing adventure.

teddi clift

Vi ankom sikkert og lad til Pamplona fra Los Angeles lufthavn. Vi begyndte at møde pilgrimme fra starten på lufthavnsbussen i Madrid. Da vi ventede på et fly til Pamplona, mødte vi flere pilgrimme, heraf 3 fra vores hjemby, San Diego !! Da dette er min første Camino, har jeg ikke noget at sammenligne det med, men jeg har nydt Pamplona. I morges vågnede vi tidligt og nåede at messe i katedralen. Vi var meget glade for at have katedralen som vores første frimærker i vore
Vi ankom sikkert og lad til Pamplona fra Los Angeles lufthavn. Vi begyndte at møde pilgrimme fra starten på lufthavnsbussen i Madrid. Da vi ventede på et fly til Pamplona, mødte vi flere pilgrimme, heraf 3 fra vores hjemby, San Diego !! Da dette er min første Camino, har jeg ikke noget at sammenligne det med, men jeg har nydt Pamplona. I morges vågnede vi tidligt og nåede at messe i katedralen. Vi var meget glade for at have katedralen som vores første frimærker i vores pas.
God rejse jeg vil lige høre om i går med mundbind hele tiden

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Love Pamplona. It seems like there is a festival every night. Beautiful city, good municipal albergue, good food and nice people.

Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

Chris Gi

Past OR future Camino
Hello from another San Diegan (actually- Poway), Buen Camino and I do envy you.

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

MaineSally

MaineSally
Past OR future Camino
Cam Frances SJPDP to Santiago ('17): Finisterre ('17); Muxia ('17): Camino Portuguese ('19)
Something really simple in Pamplona - a visit to the Mercado near to the Hemingway hostel. One entrance is on Calle Amaya. Plenty of fresh produce of every hue and taste...
Agree Kirkie! That was a treat and a welcome find to get some goodies to stow!

Lrarey

Past OR future Camino
I just arrived in Pamplona today too. We started in SJPdP and walked here today from Zubiri. At the moment I’m trying to get up the energy to go grab some dinner. I’m looking forward to seeing this beautiful city tomorrow! Perfect place for a rest day!

Past OR future Camino
Planning on the pilgrimage 2015
That sounds like a wonderful start to your camino. Everyday is a new experience to savor. Buen camino

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
A Quest of St. James, Tommy Ray, Book Cover, Image
Come follow the vivid imagery of this life-changing adventure.

Tony Bobcat

Past OR future Camino
May 2017
Buen Camino Guys

Past OR future Camino
We arrive in Pamplona tomorrow walking from Larroaña for our 4th Camino day of our first Camino.

As we started up the Hill Without End from St Jean, the very first person we talked to ended up being from our hometown of Portland, Oregon.

It truly is a small world!

And the Camino brings us all together, like it is the first day in a new school - and everyone else is new too, so everyone is warm and eager to connect with others.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads