• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Photo sharing with family back home

Roamin' Rob

Roamin' Rob
Time of past OR future Camino
summer 2015
My hope is to post daily photos during my pilgrimage so family back home can see our journey. Fortunately I use T-Mobile as a carrier here in the US and they tell me my T-Mobile service in Spain will have no cost for data (or texting).
So, what are some good photo sharing services that I could upload to from my iPhone? I was hoping to share only with certain people and thus not us facebook.

Tnx

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
If you have an unlocked iPhone, you can email or text your photos.
There is free wi-fi all along the route.
You could also start a blogspot blog and post photos there daily.

Would you not be able to Air Drop your photo's to another iPhone or Apple computer in the US?

My wife and I both have iPhones and use the same apple password, so if I take a picture on my iPhone it automatically comes up on hers as well, she then air drops it to the computer and does the distribution to friends etc, it saves me storing them on my phone for ages.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Robert, what about WhatsApp on your i Phone I use it all the time to send private photos to my family.When i am away in Spain and last year when we were state side. But you have to have wi-fi,hope this is of some help to you.

I just finished the Camino and used the app Ramblr... it tracked my exact location and it pins the map where I took each photo. My kids loved it. I turned off the data/cell on my iPhone and it tracked me via GPS on the phone with no issues.

Go to ramblr.com and check out trips from other people all over the world.

There is wifi available at almost every cafe and alburgue/hotel. You can send pictures through imessage if you and the other person both have iphones. That does not use data. You could also share them on Facebook if you have that!
Buen Camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I was hoping to share only with certain people and thus not us facebook.
You can do it with Facebook, if you want. Either post those photos for viewing by "Close Friends" or whatever category you have set up, or make a private Group. I find the Private Group is great for sharing conversations and photos with my extended family of 16 people.

My hope is to post daily photos during my pilgrimage so family back home can see our journey. Fortunately I use T-Mobile as a carrier here in the US and they tell me my T-Mobile service in Spain will have no cost for data (or texting).
So, what are some good photo sharing services that I could upload to from my iPhone? I was hoping to share only with certain people and thus not us facebook.

Tnx

Robert-
You have iphones so you probably have or can easily set up icloud with your Apple ID. I took over 1000 photos on my Camino last fall with my iphone and whenever I had wifi they were all uploaded to icloud. I allowed friends and family to subscribe to my camino photostream on icloud and they all could look at any or all of my pix.
Here's how to set it up:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202786

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Tnx
Hi, you can use Whats App. Almost everywhere is WIFI, so send pictures home will be no problem. I wish you well, Peter.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back