• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Photo sharing with family back home

Roamin' Rob

Roamin' Rob
Time of past OR future Camino
summer 2015
My hope is to post daily photos during my pilgrimage so family back home can see our journey. Fortunately I use T-Mobile as a carrier here in the US and they tell me my T-Mobile service in Spain will have no cost for data (or texting).
So, what are some good photo sharing services that I could upload to from my iPhone? I was hoping to share only with certain people and thus not us facebook.

Tnx

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
If you have an unlocked iPhone, you can email or text your photos.
There is free wi-fi all along the route.
You could also start a blogspot blog and post photos there daily.

Would you not be able to Air Drop your photo's to another iPhone or Apple computer in the US?

My wife and I both have iPhones and use the same apple password, so if I take a picture on my iPhone it automatically comes up on hers as well, she then air drops it to the computer and does the distribution to friends etc, it saves me storing them on my phone for ages.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Robert, what about WhatsApp on your i Phone I use it all the time to send private photos to my family.When i am away in Spain and last year when we were state side. But you have to have wi-fi,hope this is of some help to you.

I just finished the Camino and used the app Ramblr... it tracked my exact location and it pins the map where I took each photo. My kids loved it. I turned off the data/cell on my iPhone and it tracked me via GPS on the phone with no issues.

Go to ramblr.com and check out trips from other people all over the world.

There is wifi available at almost every cafe and alburgue/hotel. You can send pictures through imessage if you and the other person both have iphones. That does not use data. You could also share them on Facebook if you have that!
Buen Camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I was hoping to share only with certain people and thus not us facebook.
You can do it with Facebook, if you want. Either post those photos for viewing by "Close Friends" or whatever category you have set up, or make a private Group. I find the Private Group is great for sharing conversations and photos with my extended family of 16 people.

My hope is to post daily photos during my pilgrimage so family back home can see our journey. Fortunately I use T-Mobile as a carrier here in the US and they tell me my T-Mobile service in Spain will have no cost for data (or texting).
So, what are some good photo sharing services that I could upload to from my iPhone? I was hoping to share only with certain people and thus not us facebook.

Tnx

Robert-
You have iphones so you probably have or can easily set up icloud with your Apple ID. I took over 1000 photos on my Camino last fall with my iphone and whenever I had wifi they were all uploaded to icloud. I allowed friends and family to subscribe to my camino photostream on icloud and they all could look at any or all of my pix.
Here's how to set it up:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202786

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Tnx
Hi, you can use Whats App. Almost everywhere is WIFI, so send pictures home will be no problem. I wish you well, Peter.

Most read last week in this forum

When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
A promotion started here right now. A step-counting sweater from Wolkswagen records how far you walk, and if you walk 613 km (which is the range of the latest model) before 16th June, you can win...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...
Hi! I just want to know if anyone had any success (or trouble conversely on that matter) using your Visa Debit Card with 6-digit PIN when withdrawing Euros in ATMs in France and Spain? Just want...
Seems to be a lot of people posting about stuff they lost on the Camino recently. I managed to leave a nice new-ish polo shirt somewhere drying and didn't notice for over a week. I hope someone...
Did you meet Bjørn Krohn? Died aged 48 in an albergue, I don't know where, tuesday 21th. I didn't know this until now.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back