A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Pilgrim House Resources and Hours 2019

natefaith

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Sarria-Santiago (2009)
León-Ponferrada (2014)
Camino Inglés (2017)
Hello all,
This coming Monday (March 11), the Pilgrim House welcome center will open for the year, and the team would love to meet you (or see you again!) and offer resources to meet some of the needs you have when finishing the Camino. The Camino can be an emotional and spiritual journey, and Pilgrim House is designed to be a place of hospitality where you can engage with whatever has been stirring in your heart during your pilgrimage. We also offer a variety of practical services often needed by freshly-arrived pilgrims in Santiago (even if you don't feel so fresh).

The address is Rua Nova, 19, Santiago de Compostela, just a couple blocks behind the Cathedral. Please note we're located under some arches and can be hard to see. On either side of us is cafe Rua Bella and the Teatro Principal.

Our hours during low season will be:
Monday: 10am - 4pm
Tuesday: 10am - 4pm
Wednesday: Closed
Thursday: 10am - 4pm
Friday: 10am - 4pm
Saturday: 10am - 4pm
Sunday: Closed

The plan is to expand opening hours during high season. We'll keep you posted.

Whatever you find you need - and even if you don't need anything - please do come by and say hello, make yourself at home, and check out the resources on offer:

* There is a living room area and a kitchenette if you need to sit and hang out for a bit.

* Staff are always available to talk if you need a listening ear.

* Join a Camino Debrief at 4pm. During low season, we'll close at 4pm and those who are attending the Camino Debrief can stay on. The focus of the debriefs is helping pilgrims reflect on their pilgrimage.

* lndividual Camino debriefing sessions are also available upon request with a member of the staff. And if you felt the need for prayer after your Camino, we'd be honored to pray for you.

* The back room and patio are places for solitude, reading, and journaling. If you need time away from the hustle and bustle of Santiago, these quiet spaces are for you.

* A curated library with books and Bibles. Read them at your leisure in Pilgrim House, and if you'll be in town for a few days, you can borrow a book for a small deposit. There are pilgrimage-related books, modern classics and classic classics, and a lot of Henri Nouwen. (We love Henri Nouwen!)

As before we provide laundry services, boarding pass printing, and daily backpack storage on a suggested-donation basis. These services need to be requested in person. (Please do not send your pack to us by mail or transport service, as we won't be able to accept it due to our shorter opening hours and potential inability to locate you before we close for the day. These kinds of unfortunate situations we like to avoid at all costs.)

To be clear, Pilgrim House is a non-profit, non-commercial initiative.

Buen Camino if you're preparing to go out on the trail this year! See you soon! :)
Faith

Attachments

Dennis D

Camino(s) past & future
Francés - 2014
Francés - 2015
Francés - 2016
Francés - 2017
Francés - 2018
Francés - 2019
(2020 - ?)
This is a great place to visit. Nate and Faith are very nice people.

Last year they let me donate my trekking poles and scissors because I could not carry them on the plane back to Madrid. Hopefully, another Pilgrim, just starting out got some use from them.

I believe that they will also accept used Camino clothing and recycle it to those in need.

I am looking forward to seeing them again in May.

Buen Camino

Camino(s) past & future
(2009): Camino Frances
(2011): Sevilla-Salamanca, VdlP
(2012): Salamanca-SdC, VdlP
(2014): SJpdP-Astorga
(2015): Astorga-SdC
(2016) May Pamplona-Moratinos; Sept.:Burgos-SdC
(2016): August/Sept: Camino San Olav (Burgos-Covarubbias), Burgos-Sarria
(2017): May: Portuguese; Sept: Pamplona-SdC
Will try my best to see you lovely people if I can, due to my work in the Pilgrim's Office. And there seems to be a lot of Forum people in town 20th May - June3 trd, so maybe a coffee/wine gathering with tapas at Do Bispo in Rua Do Franco is possible? :D:cool:

Last edited:

natefaith

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Sarria-Santiago (2009)
León-Ponferrada (2014)
Camino Inglés (2017)
Will try my best to see you lovely people if I can, due to my work in the Pilgrim's Office. And there seems to be a lot of Forum people in town 20th May - June3 trd, so maybe a coffee/wine gathering with tapas at Do Bispo in Rua Do Franco is possible? :D:cool:
Yes, please! That would be great!

natefaith

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Sarria-Santiago (2009)
León-Ponferrada (2014)
Camino Inglés (2017)
A note for everyone still to come this summer: through July 31, our hours will be expanding. Instead of 10am - 4pm, they'll be 10am - 7pm. We'll still be closed on Sundays (for rest), Wednesdays (for meetings), and on August 15 for the holiday, but otherwise Pilgrim House will be open.

Buen Camino!

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 153 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 253 25.0%