• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Planning For September-October 2015

Thomas Sheldon

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning for the Camino Frances for September-October 2015.
Greetings All. Thanks to an impending 70th birthday, an incredibly supportive famly and a lifetime of travel, I am planning on a leisurely (38-40 days or so?) Camino Frances beginning in September 2015.

I would be very interested in finding and developing a small network (3-5) of similar pilgrims to plan, prepare and carry this out together. Using today's communications technology, we should be able to work together very easily as we prepare and plan.

International and cultural diversity encouraged. I live in the USA, Pacific Northwest.

Anyone out there looking at a September 2015 departure?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I too will be walking during September and October of 2015, from SJ to Muxia, with a probable start date around 1 Sept. I would be happy to network with you!

Chris
(call me Flavin)

I too live in the Pacific Northwest(Portland), and am planning a leisurely pilgrimage starting in September. My dates are flexible -watching for airfare prices to drop. I'd be interesting in networking.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I'm leaving from Pamplona 31 August and plan to take around 45 days. I'd be happy to network. I'm from Auckland, New Zealand.

Greetings All. Thanks to an impending 70th birthday, an incredibly supportive famly and a lifetime of travel, I am planning on a leisurely (38-40 days or so?) Camino Frances beginning in September 2015. Anyone out there looking at a September 2015 departure?
I'm of the same age Thomas and planning on doing the CF again this September, leaving St Jean September 12th.
The length of time to do a leisurely CF depends of course on your ability and fitness level.
I would suggest you consider adding a week and take a day off at Pamplona, Burgos (I jumped a train to Bilbao to see the Guggenhein), Leon, and have a couple of days in Santiago.
You may even like to spend a day visiting Finistere/Muxia at the end.
Regds
Gerard

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Liesbeth -- God luck with your preparations and CF. Please keep us all updated as to your progress as you are much like me, prepping for basically a solo trip starting early in September into mid-October.

I would especially like to hear about weather and accomodation crowds on your CF.

Thomas

Thomas I want to do it before my 70th - so I have to do it this year! Plan to start early Sept in SJPP, training about 8 hours a week right now. Give special attention to my equipment, shoes and the weight of my pack. Nothing more - I'll just go and do it. Solo. Looking forward tremendously. Good luck with your preparation. ( I am in Lydenburg South Africa and don't know any one else who will do it)
Hi, ,my partner and I are starting our 1st camino 3 sept 2014 , the day he turns 60 and hope to finish on my 51st birthday. Hope we get a chance to say buen camino to you somewhere along the way

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thomas,
I speak only for myself in saying that there is something about the mystery of the Camino that makes us want to walk it with someone. In walking it last fall I felt that way at the start and then found that the solitude became what I most sought after. It's a very individual preference but just consider it. There will always be someone to walk with but we have few precious moments in our lives where solitude reigns!

I am 71 and doing my first Camino. I arrive in Madrid on August 30, 2014 and would like to share transportation, taxi or van, to St. Jean Pied de Port.

Greetings All. Thanks to an impending 70th birthday, an incredibly supportive famly and a lifetime of travel, I am planning on a leisurely (38-40 days or so?) Camino Frances beginning in September 2015.

I would be very interested in finding and developing a small network (3-5) of similar pilgrims to plan, prepare and carry this out together. Using today's communications technology, we should be able to work together very easily as we prepare and plan.

International and cultural diversity encouraged. I live in the USA, Pacific Northwest.

Hi Thomas,
I'm currently on the Camino Frances after walking 14 days in the Via de la Plata from Sevilla. There were so few pilgrims that I left at Caceras and took a train/bus to Pamplona and enjoying the company very much.
I plan to walk again next year, I'll be 65 then and God willing still as strong. I live in Sydney, Australia and very happy to network for 2015.
Angela

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

I'm starting out on the 4th of Sept.

Hi
I'm chris and will be starting from SJPD on 12 August this year ... My first camino ... Am very excited about it ... Slowly getting my gear together and doing a bit of training around Sydney .
Hope to meet u on the path !!

Welcome Chris. If you haven't been to any of the Camino in Sydney meetings or want to chat on the phone about anything, send me a private message. I'm in Sydney too.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Thanks Kanga ....have been to a couple of meetings re the Camino ....am getting very excited . Planning to walk for 5 weeks . Have booked my first two nights ...SJPD and Orisson.

Hi there,
I'm planning to walk the Camino Sept/Oct 2015 too. Would love to be in contact with people walking around that time but I am planning not to plan! I won't be booking anything other than the essentials and taking each day as it comes.
I'm from Perth Western Australia

Yes me and my friend panning on end of September and October 2015 about 21 days from Burgos . It be nice to get some info from others. Thank you. We are in Florida

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi there,
I'm planning to walk the Camino Sept/Oct 2015 too. Would love to be in contact with people walking around that time but I am planning not to plan! I won't be booking anything other than the essentials and taking each day as it comes.

Well said, that is my plan as well. I hope to leave SJPdP about September 7, 2015 and not rush.

Hola Thomas!
I'm also planning to walk September-October 2015. It sounds like a wonderful idea!

Coming from Tel Aviv, Israel.

Thomas,

My sisters and I are planning to walk August 2015. Pam is turning 60 and Wendy is turning 50. I am just going along for the sisterhood. We can't walk the entire Camino so if you learn of any suggestions of great places to start. I would love to hear from everyone.

Paula

(We live in Florida).

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I'm another Pacific Northwesterner who will be walking in September/October 2015. I'll be starting in August in Vezelay.

I'm another Pacific Northwesterner who will be walking in September/October 2015. I'll be starting in August in Vezelay.
My sisters and I are leaving 9/3 from Leon. Do you have any idea what you are bringing? What about bedbugs? Paula from Florida

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

I think this is absolutely wonderful, especially all the positive response you have received from people who are so positive in sharing into your plan and share a similar profile. Fantastic! This being said, unless you are a super walker, with really long legs, if you are really considering a "leisurly space" I would plan on a week, or so, more. To walk 20k a day and not 30, to take an extra day to "rest" although you will walk just as much visiting Burgos, Leon and perhaps Pamplona and Astorga, plus perhaps 2 or 3 "real" days of rest where you will find paradores and can enjoy a bath and perhaps a massage: Viana, Santo Domigo, Villafranca del Bierzo for example.

I can not imagine from your posts you will not truly enjoy this. Good for you!

As I mentioned, I'll be starting in Vezelay in early September, then walking down to Le Puy-en-Velay via Cluny, then on the Via Podensis and eventually the Camino Frances. I won't be reaching St. Jean Pied-de-Port until mid October, most likely. :)

Hello

Hello Thomas
I will be starting on September 2 or 3 from St Jean Pied de Port with hope of arriving at the Cathedral in Santiago on my 65 birthday on October 11
I am from Massachusetts and will fly to Paris and take the train to Bayonne then on to St Jean
I would be pleased to tag along with you

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
It makes me wish I'd not decided to take the long way from Vezelay to Le Puy, then over to SJPdP. It sounds like a marvelous group!

But I really want to walk through the Morvan and see Cluny and Citeaux, so I will bid you all "Bonne Chemin! Bonne Chance!" and look forward to your tales here after your return. :)

My husband and I are also planning to walk from Pamplona to Logrono starting around the 18th of September for my 50th birthday. Not only is this our first camino but also our first time traveling over seas from San Francisco, California. This forum has been a tremendous source in helping us plan an unforgettable journey!

Hi, planning to do the CF about the same time next year. If we do meet along the way, let's have a code word so that we know we saw this post :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Hi Thomas, I would like to participate in any planning activities, even though I won't be able to join the group. I turn 70 in November. So this is sort of a birthday present to myself. I could be the "point man" and provide you with lessons learned. I am particularly interested in refining my packing list. I have made my travel arrangements and would be happy to share what I have done.
I will depart SJPdP on April 11. One of my sons will accompany me for the first week or so and then I will be on my on.

I'm planning to walk Sept/Oct 2015 and would love to liaise on planning tips etc. I'm trying to figure out what is and isn't a good fare for Perth WA at the moment although the airlines don't seem to have fares open for when I'd be returning yet.
I'll be walking alone so hoping to catch up with people along the way.

I've done the CF twice in Sep/Oct and experience tells me that in Australia the 'Good' fares start being offered from Feb onward. If you can get a cheap flight to and from Singapore from Perth it may be worth while looking for a return flight from Singapore to Europe. Singapore being a major hub the Airline choices are more extensive and the competition more vigorous.
Regds
Gerard

I might be the youngster at 69 but tentatively planning on returning to the Camino Frances, starting about Sep 1. I hiked it from Sep - Oct 2012. Great experience. I'll make a few adjustments for my next hike but for the most part, things worked well. Leaving from Wisconsin.

I've done the CF twice in Sep/Oct and experience tells me that in Australia the 'Good' fares start being offered from Feb onward. If you can get a cheap flight to and from Singapore from Perth it may be worth while looking for a return flight from Singapore to Europe. Singapore being a major hub the Airline choices are more extensive and the competition more vigorous.
Regds
Gerard

Thanks Gerard, that's really helpful information :)

Targeting Sept 5th morning to start out. Labor day weekend in the states gets me an extra day. I hope to have airline tickets by the end of next week.

Had to edit. Got an extra day, so I'm starting out on the 4th of Sept. Woohoo.

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Targeting Sept 5th morning to start out. Labor day weekend in teh states gets me an extra day. I hope to have airline tickets by the end of next week.

I looked at flights for Sept/Oct just last week and they didn't have any flights posted for October yet.

Hi Thomas, I am also looking for Sept 2015 departure. I live in Las Vegas and plan to walk a minimum of 40 days. I have not decided whether to fly to Paris, which now has a train direct to SJPdP or to Madrid. Any suggestions?

Hi Emily,
A big thing I noticed in Air Fare from the states is if you do not have a round trip ticket the price is goofy. With that being said, my concern was which airport will I return to when completed? Therefor, I will be going through Madrid. I am almost decided upon how I will get to SJPDP. I will post when I know for sure.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
if you do not have a round trip ticket the price is goofy
Be sure to look at "open jaw" tickets, sometimes called "multiple destinations." I typically fly into Pamplona and back from Santiago, connecting both ways through Madrid on Iberia Airline. The "round trip" fare is less costly in time and money than trying to stitch together plane, bus, and train schedules. Round trip to Madrid is about $1,000 and the multiple destination is about $1,200 from the east coast of the U.S.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Thomas, I just returned from my second Camino (October 2104) and did it also in September / October 2012. It is a great time to walk. Though you might enjoy reading my blogs to get a sense of travelling during this time frame.

Dan
www.danscaminotravels.wordpress.com

Hi Falcon,

I just contacted a travel agency and checked it out. It does not seem like you can put together tickets with odd arrive and leave places very easily online. They suggested a flight through Paris to Bayonne and return via Madrid. I well check other options with trains as well. It is $150 (120E) more but maybe worth it. It does not look like there are good train times from Paris on Fridays. I am learning way more about traveling than expected. I am trying to start my pilgrimage on September 5th.

Nonrelated tidbit – When I typed the word via I had a flashback to my school days of studying Latin while in the seminary. Via was the Latin word for the highways and roads. For example, the apian way was the apian road or highway. The interesting part is the literal translation is “way.” As in the Appian Way or in our case Via as The Way.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
They suggested a flight through Paris to Bayonne and return via Madrid.
For do-it-yourself travel planning, the airport is Biarritz, the train station is Bayonne. There are many fans of traveling through Paris, but I am not one of them. I have found it easier to fly to Pamplona, and either start there or take the bus to SJPdP or Roncesvalles. Iberia/British Airways/AA serve Chicago quite well, so O'Hare may be your departure airport of choice. Go to www.iberia.com and look for flights to Pamplona or Madrid, and returning from Santiago. I can tell you that the overnight bus from Santiago to Madrid T-4 was the worst travel experience of my life, bar none!! I would rather fly through Heathrow than repeat that bus ride, and I view Heathrow as several steps below New Delhi.

I expect I will be lucky to make it to Sahagun when it will time for me to return home. I was thinking a train to Madrid.

I am planning on leaving on a Thursday, starting on a Saturday morning and then 14 days later(that's all I can get away for) taking an entire Saturday to get to Madrid and fly home Sunday. I expect to be somewhere between Burgos and Sahagun and am thinking maybe a train to Madrid? I need research more transportation near the Sahagun area. I checked Iberia (It is a great resource) It is only $56 more to fly into Pomplona but also 9 hours.

Since the takeover of Iberia by British Airways, the flight network has been decimated in Spain. Air Nostrum serves the Madrid to Pamplona, and normally has four flights per day, 0910, 1255, 1550, and 2000. Your incoming flight will have to match to one of them with appropriate transfer time for the airline computer to create a schedule. The only nine hour gap is 1255 to 2000, so the computer thinks you will miss both the 1255 and 1550 flights! Maybe...

I expect I will be lucky to make it to Sahagun when it will time for me to return home. I was thinking a train to Madrid.

I am planning on leaving on a Thursday, starting on a Saturday morning and then 14 days later(that's all I can get away for) taking an entire Saturday to get to Madrid and fly home Sunday. I expect to be somewhere between Burgos and Sahagun and am thinking maybe a train to Madrid? I need research more transportation near the Sahagun area. I checked Iberia (It is a great resource) It is only $56 more to fly into Pomplona but also 9 hours.

adif manages the rail network. The map shows the main stations but not the whistle stops in places like Fromista ...
http://www.adif.es/AdifWeb/estacionesMapa.jsp?i=es_ES

Renfe operates the trains.
http://www.renfe.com/index.html

ALSA not the only bus company but it is the largest that provides service between Burgos and Leon.
http://www.alsa.es/

The bus hubs for vicinity of Sahagun are Leon and Burgos.

Burgos bus station
http://www.aytoburgos.es/turismo-en-burgos/como-llegar/estacion-de-autobuses-de-burgos

Leon bus station
http://www.leon-virtual.es/autobuses/2-7-4-7.htm

Greetings.
Call me Skip . . .
I am a male turning 70 in January and plan a Sept. 15 - Month of October treck with my 36 year old son over the Camino.
Currently debating Camino del Norte or Camino Frances. I live in Portland OR. Not sure how to communicate with you.
Open to suggestions. Pretty new at this.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Hi Thomas
My partner and I will be walking the Camino Frances from SJPdP to SdC and then on to Finisterre and Muxia the end of next August/ September. It will be my second and his first. Though we may not actually end up walking with you (due to logistics), I would be happy to assist you with any "camino questions". You have already made the most important decision and that is to go -- from there the rest is relatively easy -- the way IS made by walking!
I hope to hear from you!
Buen Camino
JustDavid

For those in the Pacific Northwest and wanting to connect with others:

There are Camino groups with meetings and activities in both Seattle and Portland.
The Seattle group has a "coffee chat" the 4th Friday of eac month and a walk on the second Sunday of each month as well as other activities.
Portland has very similar opportunities.

A very easy way to visit with new and experienced Pilgrims. Usually a 50% mix of the two.

PM me if contact info wanted.

Other areas in the U.S. also have these groups.

€83,-
Any groups around Wisconsin?

I just bought my airline tickets ten minutes ago.

September 4th I will be taking my fist step on the Camino!

Me (in my 30s) and my (then) 10 yr old daughter are targeting a Sep 7th start date from Astorga, or possibly Leon. Our plan is to go as slow as she is comfortable with, with me carrying the bulk of the gear. Her fitness is fabulous for her age, so as long as we don't push it too much, and we are flexible, then it should be fine. We are from Western Canada.

I have purchased our flights!! Due to finding an amazing seat sale I paid $600 Canadian (Currently $507 US or 430 Euro) per person for flights from Canada to Madrid. As such, my daughter and I will be walking our Pilgrimage Sep 14-30.

We just watched "6 Ways to Santiago" and "The Way" and we are super excited :)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I have purchased our flights!! Due to finding an amazing seat sale I paid $600 Canadian (Currently $507 US or 430 Euro) per person for flights from Canada to Madrid. As such, my daughter and I will be walking our Pilgrimage Sep 14-30.

We just watched "6 Ways to Santiago" and "The Way" and we are super excited :)
You make me envious....:)

Hello Thomas, I am walking the Camino Frances also as a celebration of my 70th and am planning also to do it alone but looking for some connection to other pilgrims. I live in Seattle, Washington, USA and would love to connect. Are you, by any chance, on Facebook? If so, we may be able to begin the introductions there?

I'm doing the Camino in sept with my dad for his 70! We live in Western Australia and fly to Paris sept 1st.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi there,
Hi there,
Hi I'm in Bunbury and planning to walk sept/Oct with my dad and maybe my mam. Although she may head back to Ireland instead to see the family.

I'll be starting in Astorga on September 17 - my first camino and will be walking alone, and like others, hope to make connections along the way. I'm from Seattle. I have a flight home from Madrid on September 30, so will have 2 weeks.

Hi Thomas

Like you, I am in my 70th year and plan to walk the Camino Francés from SJPDP to Santiago, starting in September 2015. Walked the last 160 kms of the route in 2011. I live in Melbourne, Australia, and would be delighted to keep in touch and, hopefully, meet up occasionally on the trail.

Cheers, Peter

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'll be starting in Astorga on September 17 - my first camino and will be walking alone, and like others, hope to make connections along the way. I'm from Seattle. I have a flight home from Madrid on September 30, so will have 2 weeks.

We have a similar timeline! We land in Madrid on the 15th and leave on the 30th, but our starting location is still TBD. My girl is active and fit, but still a child, so we may start somewhere like Molinesca, and meander at a slower pace than the norm. Maybe we will see you out there :)

We have a similar timeline! We land in Madrid on the 15th and leave on the 30th, but our starting location is still TBD. My girl is active and fit, but still a child, so we may start somewhere like Molinesca, and meander at a slower pace than the norm. Maybe we will see you out there :)
Welcome Chris. If you haven't been to any of the Camino in Sydney meetings or want to chat on the phone about anything, send me a private message. I'm in Sydney too.
Hi you Aussie girls. I am preparing for my first Camino mid Sept - October/Nov. Are there any Brisbane walkers going about that time for pre camino get togethers?

Hi you Aussie girls. I am preparing for my first Camino mid Sept - October/Nov. Are there any Brisbane walkers going about that time for pre camino get togethers?

Have a look at the calendar at the top of the forum. Good idea to post your own date there. There is also a section in the forum for Australian and New Zealanders (sorry, can't figure out how to link it).

I am planning on departing the states on or about September 3rd, putting my starting my first pilgrimage from SJPdP to Muxia on the 5th. I am giving myself just about 7 weeks before I have to return on or about October 22nd. I would love the opportunity to connect with other members of this community while on the trail.

Kevin.

Flights booked. We leave Perth August 30 and arrive in Paris 31. May fly straight to Biarattz the same day as plenty of time between flights. Plan to start on the 2nd.

Booked our flight :) Getting to SJPDP Sept. 12. My partner's and mine first camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Booked our flight :) Getting to SJPDP Sept. 12. My partner's and mine first camino
Just joined the forum. I am planning to arrive around 12 or 13 Sept. 2015 at SJ after flying into Paris. I am traveling solo from New Mexico. My first Camino.

Welcome Mooncat and Buen Camino. I will be just ahead of you as I plan on leaving SJPdP September 7th.

Mooncat, perhaps we'll see you there ;) buen camino

Hi jadwiga, sorry to reply late. I'm from Brisbane and planning Sep 15 to start. There is a Brisbane Camino Meetup group last wed of the month at south bank for drinks and 2nd weekend of the month for hike at Mt cootha.

We have finally booked our flight as well and will be starting our first Camino on September 21st from Pamplona!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Mike, I'll be starting off from SJPdP on the same day as you. Cheers.

Siom, I look forward to meeting you. I will be staying my first night in Orison.

We have finally booked our flight as well and will be starting our first Camino on September 21st from Pamplona!

Buen Camino donnasanjuan!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
How far is Bayonne from Biarittz? We fly in at after 8pm and will definitely need a decent sleep after the long haul flight.

Siom, I look forward to meeting you. I will be staying my first night in Orison.
Hi Mike. I'm planning on starting on September 7 as well. And my hope is to stay in Orisson, although I haven't been able to get onto the website there. I've sent an email but haven't had a reply yet. I'll be 73, walking solo. Hope to see you there. --Kathy

Hi, ,my partner and I are starting our 1st camino 3 sept 2014 , the day he turns 60 and hope to finish on my 51st birthday. Hope we get a chance to say buen camino to you somewhere along the way

Hi All, I am Planning to leave SJPDP the last week of August and I am taking my time as I retire June 30th from work. I am in Toronto, Canada and welcome planning/walking/catching up with anyone walking that time frame

Dan

Hi Mike. I'm planning on starting on September 7 as well. And my hope is to stay in Orisson, although I haven't been able to get onto the website there. I've sent an email but haven't had a reply yet. I'll be 73, walking solo. Hope to see you there. --Kathy

I look forward to it Kathy! I'll be the one with the gray handlebar moustache.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi All, I am Planning to leave SJPDP the last week of August and I am taking my time as I retire June 30th from work. I am in Toronto, Canada and welcome planning/walking/catching up with anyone walking that time frame
Dan

Buen Camino Dan. I don't think I will be walking fast enough to catch you.

I look forward to it Kathy! I'll be the one with the gray handlebar moustache.
I got my reservation in Orisson confirmed today! I'm so happy!! I'll look for your mustache! I'll most likely be the one looking the most tired, but the most happy.

I got my reservation confirmed too for the night of September 1st. Anyone arriving at Biarittz on the 31st?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Hi:
I am planning my 1st Camino for either late August (25th) or Sept 1. I am trvaelling form Toronto, Canada. I am retiring as an elementary school princiapl JUne 30th and this is my gift to myself!

I too am watching flight prices. I am also trying to figure out what to about walking the steep climb of the Pyrenees on Day 1. I have a back disc issue and dont want to severly aggrivate it on Day 1.

I havebeen researching many Starting points all with quite easy travels to SJPDP. Dublin (then flying to Biarritz), Paris, London, and Madrid.

Have you checked flights from various cities?

SJPP Sept 5, Orison Sept 6th. Super Excited :)

I'll be arriving in SJPP Friday the 4th of September and on Saturday the 5th taking a leisurely walk to Orisson. Perhaps our paths will cross.

My
Hi:
I am planning my 1st Camino for either late August (25th) or Sept 1. I am trvaelling form Toronto, Canada. I am retiring as an elementary school princiapl JUne 30th and this is my gift to myself!

I too am watching flight prices. I am also trying to figure out what to about walking the steep climb of the Pyrenees on Day 1. I have a back disc issue and dont want to severly aggrivate it on Day 1.

I havebeen researching many Starting points all with quite easy travels to SJPDP. Dublin (then flying to Biarritz), Paris, London, and Madrid.

Have you checked flights from various cities?
My dad and I walk to Orrison on sept 1st. We're flying into Paris from Australia and then on to Biarittz.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
My

My dad and I walk to Orrison on sept 1st. We're flying into Paris from Australia and then on to Biarittz.
I will be a few days ahead of you, and i hope we meet along the way! I used to live in Sydney for about 5 years

Sept camino for me to. Got the time off, just need to book some flights. Can't wait. : )

Good luck to you too Dan, looks like you're starting retirement with a great attitude.

See ya down the road, Keith.

Most read last week in this forum

Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.