• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pondering

Dancing Rain

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2015)
Camino Salvado (2017)
Camino Frances (2018)
The camino is calling us back!!!!!! We're considering walking from Burgos and doing a "slow meseta". We have two starting week options - Apr 16th or May 21st. Any thoughts or recommendations to guide us in making our decision? All ideas gratefully received. My heart is singing at the thought of returning

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Well, I think April 16 would be a great day to start -- since I will be arriving in Burgos myself on April 16! :) If you decide on April hopefully we can connect. I plan to start walking tbe 17th or 18th.

I chose April because spring is my favorite season, I wanted to walk before the crowds got too heavy or the days too hot, and hopefully, at some point between then and when I arrive on Santiago, I'll see wildflowers coming in to bloom, plowed fields beginning to show life, farm animals with their young, the general joy of spring.

Of course, it could also be gray skies, plenty of mud from what I've read, chilly nights, and even snow or icy rain. No guarantees, as you already know.

Whichever date you choose, buen Camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
April - oh yes!

We’re starting in Burgos near April 16th, too. Maybe we’ll see you - how wonderful!

My husband and I walked the complete Frances in 2015 as we began retirement...we’re doing Burgos to Sarria next year.

Maybe we’ll all have a glaas of wine together... Ning

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
If you pick the mid April date, i might be somewhere in that area too. Staring my first El Camino at the end of March in St Jean or Pamplona (weather depending) so I should be close by. Glad to hear from all the feedback that April is great choice, most of the time.

Thank you everyone for your thoughtful replies. April it will be. Just hoping it won't be too cold. My beloved's leave has been approved. Now, have to organise flights. Hoping to be in Burgos via Madrid on Wed Apr 11!!!!!!!! We seem to be looking forward to this one even more than our first

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

A message has just been posted on the Facebook account of the albergue in Roncesvalles. It seems the combination of pilgrim numbers beyond their capacity and poor weather has made this a difficult...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
I’m on the Camino Frances since April 4. I just finished the Meseta and it feels unpleasantly busy and has since the beginning. No time time to smell the roses or draw much. There is a sense from...
The group running the albergue in the ruins of the San Anton monastery near Castrojeriz have announced that the albergue and the ruins will be closed from 1 May until the ruins have been made...
Hello, I'll be starting the Camino soon and there's one bit of it that worries me. The descent from Collado de Lepoeder to Roncesvalles seems quite steep (according to the Wise Pilgrim app) which...
We are in SJPP today While we were standing in line today, one of my pilgrims met 3 people from Taiwan, who could not find a bed. He said he also saw several people on their phones, frantically...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back