• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ponferrada to Tricastela

Gabi Wehler

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning to walk the Camino Frances mid May 2018
What is the best way to go from Ponferada to Tricastela- or alternatively straight to Sarria? Can’t find bus info

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
On this forum people are likely to answer that walking is the best way ;)

Quick searches on google maps and Rome2Rio haven't given any public transport options from Ponferrada to Triacastela. There are bus and train options from Ponferrada to Saria.

Renfe.com is the website for national train system for spain. They have a couple of trains per day directly non stop from Ponferrada to Sarria which takes abt. 2 1/4 hrs. Renfe is not always the easiest website to puchase from. You could also try Loco2.com to purchase from if you want to buy in advance.

You can take a bus from Ponferrada to Pedrafita do Cebriero on Alsa.com There is a local bus twice a day from There that makes several stops that goes to Triacastela ( do not remember the name of the company). Monbus.es., has an early morning bus between Triacastela and Sarria.

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thank you very much. Will investigate
On this forum people are likely to answer that walking is the best way ;)

Quick searches on google maps and Rome2Rio haven't given any public transport options from Ponferrada to Triacastela. There are bus and train options from Ponferrada to Saria.
havnt found them yet. Might be best to ask locals when I get there. Won’t be able to walk to O Cebreiro due to knee issues

Triacastela, provincia de Lugo
Cómo llegar a Triacastela en autobús:

La estación de autobuses más cercana a Triacastela es la estación de autobuses de As nogais situada a 12,22 kilómetros donde hay conexiones en autobús hasta Lugo y otras capitales de provincia.

Información sobre la estación de autobuses de As nogais:
Dirección: 27677 As Nogais, Lugo
Mapa de la estación de autobuses de As nogais:
staticmap

Cómo llegar a Triacastela en tren:

La estación de tren más cercana a Triacastela es la estación de de media y larga distancia de Monforte de lemos situada a 33,14 kilómetros de Triacastela.
Horarios
Horario de la estación Diario excepto Sábados: 05:00 a 01:30 -- Sábados 05:00 a 23:00 Horario de atención al cliente Diario: 09:00 a 14:00 y 16:00 a 19:00 Venta inmediata de billetes Diario: 05:00 a 13:00 y 17:00 a 24:00 Venta anticipada de billetes Diario: 09:30 a 13:00 y 17:00 a 21:30 Horario recogida Venta Telefónica Diario: 05:00 a 13:00 y 17:00 a 24:00

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
Thank you very much. Will investigate

havnt found them yet. Might be best to ask locals when I get there. Won’t be able to walk to O Cebreiro due to knee issues

I was just there 2 weeks ago and took a taxi to OCebreiro from trabadelo. It is a easy walk down. The Young Man at the albergue arranged the taxi. I forget what it cost maybe 30 Euro.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Caminantes, My wife and I are leaving for Madrid from Brisbane - AU on May 4th to walk the Frances. We are flying with Qatar. I am a bit worried that if I check in my backpacks, they have a...
Hi all, Im walking my first Camino in April (CF) and was wondering if it would be likely for me to encounter leeches? I know for most people leeches are not a big deal but they are in plague...
In past years, when we walked from Samos to Sarria, there was simply a yellow arrow that went off to the right of the highway, up a hill, past a pig farm then a sharp left turn at a small church...
Are you also interested to know the reasons why other fellow pilgrims choose to walk El Camino? Please participate in the poll!
Several local websites have reported a small earthquake this afternoon with an epicentre in the Sarria area. Apparently felt quite strongly locally but with little likelihood of property damage...
Hello!! I am a retired Spanish gentleman living in Madrid. My name is Jose and I would like to do the Camino de Santiago again!!! But this time I would like to walk and improve my English Level...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back