• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Porto to SDC 2020

prairiegirlmb

Time of past OR future Camino
Porto to SDC (September 2020)
Greetings! I recognize I am early in my preparations for my walk that I have planned in September 2020. Loving this forum and getting great info from it. Myself, my boyfriend and two friends are planning on walking Porto to SDC in September 2020. All of us are between 45-60 and reasonably active. Planning on giving ourselves 14 days but would be happy to have it done in 12. Figured we would use those extra days sipping wine in Madrid (likely where we would be flying back home from). I will probably be asking TONS of questions in the months to come. We plan on doing the French way in a few years and by the looks of the comments in this forum, it appears that the Camino is quite addicting!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I will tell you one thing to plan. You can never plan what will happen on the Camino when you start walking. So don't set a time limit if you can help it. When 4 people are walking you are going to have 4 different rhythms and speeds. We all walk our own Caminos at our own pace. Walking to keep up can cause injury and walking to slow down can actually be more tiring and cause injury too. You need to listen to your body and walk your own pace. This is not to say you can't all spend part of the day walking together. Or even the whole day walking together. You will only know that when you start your Camino. I usually walk alone. I have noticed that when groups walk together they sometimes miss out on meeting some of the most wonderful people in the world. But again this is just my experience and my preference. Listen to your body not your mind. Your body will always tell you the right speed, distance, rest time, eating time and sleep time.
Together we walk alone. Buen Camino

Thanks for the advice! I will have to pass this on to them. I would not want to feel like I am holding anyone back if I need extra rest and I am sure they would feel the same too.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
We all know there are a lot of bikers on the shared Camino path. I was knocked over in the town of Villatuerta and had to return immediately to the US for treatment after destroying my Camino on...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.