Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Silver Oxide Camino de Santiago pendent
Camino de Santiago pendant that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.

COVID Portugal-Spain border

Sazza

Year of past OR future Camino
Does anyone have clarity about when the Portuguese/Spainish border will re-open and how hard it will be to cross on foot before 6 April 2021, when it's looking likely to open properly?

My daughter is walking the Portuguese section of the Camino right now. She'd really like to cross into Spain and finish it. She's now (17 March 2021) between Coimbra and Porto so thinks she'd get to the border before 6 April. She is planning to come home to UK from Spain, so technically will be crossing as part of her way home but not sure if walking across the border will count as returning home.

(She has very little access to the internet so I'm asking on her behalf).

Thanks,
Sarah

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
I think Portugal is in the process of opening up after a hard COVID wave. They have still not opened up to Galicia, but it might come soon. On the Spanish side (Galicia) we are still closed to other autonomous communities in Spain, and will be so until at least after easter. .. if Portugal opens, not sure if Galicia will allow people to travel across the border. I think they will (after easter) since Galicia and Spain is in a good pace covid wise right now.

That said, there might not be controls on the border.

Sazza

Year of past OR future Camino
Thanks, that's roughly what I thought. I wonder if anyone has actually been to the border on foot recently who would know...

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads