Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

Post-camino tattoo?

Stivandrer

Perambulating & Curious. Rep stravaiging offender
Past OR future Camino
I´ve got Camino plans until 2042,
- or till I fall flat on my face, whichever comes first !!
I've never been a tattoo person but even before reading this thread I had though about getting a very small tattoo to commemorate my walk, like a scallop shell. Or maybe the scallop shell and cross. Most likely on my ankle. The only place I can think of that isn't sagging or won't sag too much over the next 20 years. :D
Have the same sentiment and choice as the one you are putting forward.
I would prefer scallop no larger than 2 - 4 cm on the left leg below the knee, on the left side, so that it is discreet and only I know it is there and then some more people who know what it actually means....
I would go for either the stilized or a more naturalistic scallop....

Last edited:
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Nanumea

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances April 2016
I have been thinking of getting a scallop shell tattoo ever since my first Camino. I haven't taken the tattoo mostly for budget reasons and also because I feel somehow guilty I have never actually finished my Camino (for me finishing means arriving to the Atlantic coast). If someone has recommendations of tattoo shops in Santiago, I'd like to hear about them! I'd love to have a small, about 1 euro coin-sized scallop shell on one or both of my ankles.

Stivandrer

Perambulating & Curious. Rep stravaiging offender
Past OR future Camino
I´ve got Camino plans until 2042,
- or till I fall flat on my face, whichever comes first !!
Have the same sentiment and choice as the one you are putting forward.
I would prefer scallop no larger than 2 - 4 cm on the left leg below the knee, on the left side, so that it is discreet and only I know it is there and then some more people who know what it actually means....
I would go for either the stilized or a more naturalistic scallop....

20160311_195013_resized.jpg 20160311_195534_resized.jpg
as prescribed; half a year later;
My colleque made me this modest couple of scallop tattoos, nothing fancy or gaudy...
This´ll do me fine !!

Last edited:

Jamie1240

Past OR future Camino
Camino de Santiago (the French Way), September 7-October 17 (2016)
My friend and I just completed the Camino de Santiago, Frances, on October 25, 2016. About half way through the Camino we spent two days in Leon, and got scalloped shells tattoos - the tattoo artist used my actual Camino shell and some on-line pictures to create our shells. We love them!!!!

Attachments

• Jamie & Keri's shells and tats copy.jpg
    Jamie & Keri's shells and tats copy.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 20
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances