A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Practical Pilgrim Day in Manchester

2020 Camino Guides

nidarosa

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Inglés 2009+2017, Francés 2012+2018, Astorga-Santiago repeatedly
The NW UK based pilgrim group Ultreia Mancunia are arranging their annual Practical Pilgrim Day 14 March, with presentations, talks and discussion for pilgrims old and new, and of course a tapas meal after with general camino conversations. Come along to chat, learn, ask or answer questions and enjoy pilgrim company off the camino!
Sign up for your ticket on the CSJ event page here: Ultreia Mancunia Practical Pilgrim Day

nidarosa

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Just to add, for those who can't come but who live in the North West of the UK and would like to join the Ultreia Mancunia Facebook group, it is here: Ultreia Mancunia. There will be more info there about walks, meet-ups, practical pilgrim days and photos from members' walks throughout the year.

nidarosa

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
@andywild Oh no! Are you on the mailing list? Could you at least join us for the meal after?

andywild

Camino(s) past & future
CF april 18.. CP sep 18.. CF april 2020
I don't think I'm on mailing list.. I follow that much camino stuff I've got no idea what I'm actually subscribed to 🤣 yeah I could hopefully drive over for the meal, I'll have a look at hotels etc and get back to you. To be honest it's probably best if I don't come to the sensible bit anyway, I'd probably end up getting told off 😛

nidarosa

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Are you on the facebook group? There will be more info on the where and when etc there.

andywild

Camino(s) past & future
Are you on the facebook group? There will be more info on the where and when etc there.
Yeah I'm a member. I can't find details of the meal in the latest post.. although I do seem to remember something about el Rincon ages ago.. or maybe it was a dream 😛
I'm planning a couple of training weekends march/April in Manchester (well, edale etc) so could hopefully come meet you all and then walk on the Sunday

nidarosa

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Sounds like a good idea - see if anyone wants to join you? The meal thing isn't up yet, but it will, and El Rincon sounds about right, it's not too far from the place we have the PPD either. Hang in there in case someone cancels though!

andywild

Camino(s) past & future
Sounds like a good idea - see if anyone wants to join you? The meal thing isn't up yet, but it will, and El Rincon sounds about right, it's not too far from the place we have the PPD either. Hang in there in case someone cancels though!
Are you involved in the running of it? If so then please keep me in mind if someone cancels.. inviting people on the training walk sounds fun.. I guess a day walking with me would be a good taster for some aspiring pilgrims.. if they can cope with me waffling on they can cope with anything 😀

nidarosa

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Yes, I do have a hand in proceedings so I'll keep you in mind. There are quite a lot of people in the FB group now, so you could mention it there and see what response you get? Probably depends on the route you are planning etc as well. I'll be coming back from Galicia the week before so might actually have legs to keep up with you!

andywild

Camino(s) past & future
Yes, I do have a hand in proceedings so I'll keep you in mind. There are quite a lot of people in the FB group now, so you could mention it there and see what response you get? Probably depends on the route you are planning etc as well. I'll be coming back from Galicia the week before so might actually have legs to keep up with you!
Yeah, I'll have a look at a route (more than welcome to suggest one) and then offer it as a meet up on the Sunday. I was going to reply to the advert on FB saying that my invitation to speak must have got lost in the post but I don't think people on there are as used to my sense of humour 😛

nidarosa

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Babysteps, @andywild, babysteps... 😁 Link to your blog in the post and let people decide for themselves :eek:

Kanga

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
Just a gentle reminder @nidarosa and @andywild - use the PM facility when the thread turns into a private conversation. All good here, nothing to be concerned about.

nidarosa

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Good point, @Kanga! Will do. Hopefully more NW camigos will still find this thread and our group, even if the tickets are sold out. There will be a meal after and now it looks like there could be a Sunday walk as well.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 53 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 185 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 298 24.4%
  • June

Votes: 86 7.0%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.9%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.2%
  • September

Votes: 351 28.7%
  • October

Votes: 150 12.3%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock