Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Primitivo on september

ron mmmm

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi everyone,
my friend and I are planning to start walking the camino at the 19th september for two weeks.
we thought about the primitivo route but worried about being alone most of the time.
there will be other traveleres in the primitivo at the end of september?

thank you,
ron

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello Ron. You can expect quite some pilgrims in late September and early October. Not the rush of early September or August, but still quite a number. Average of 15-30 pilgrims per day in the albergues, which may mean though that you'll be walking nearly without seeing anyone.

You may see me. I'm starting From Oviedo, sept 4 or 5 and taking it slow, like 3 weeks.

Hi everyone,
my friend and I are planning to start walking the camino at the 19th september for two weeks.
we thought about the primitivo route but worried about being alone most of the time.
there will be other traveleres in the primitivo at the end of september?

thank you,
ron
You

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Or me, i'll start from Oviedo sept 30.

I'm starting from Oviedo on Sep 15, walking in "loose formation" with six friends, so you may see us along the way somewhere.

thanks everyone,
it feels good to know we won't be all alone

hope to see you in september

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
thanks everyone,
it feels good to know we won't be all alone

hope to see you in september
Hi, ron mmmm, I walked the Primitivo for the first time aboaut 6 years ago at the end of September/early October. I was surprised to find that there was always a bunch of us in the albergues. Never a bed rush, but always companionship. Walking during the day, since everyone is spread out over 20-30 kms and walks at different speeds, it is very possible that you won't see others, but you are never far from "civilization" or residents if you need help. And of course as you make connections with others, you may wind up walking with them as well.

It was a wonderful time of year, I thought. Good weather, not hot, actually a bit cold some mornings (we saw snow in higher elevations outside Tineo, which just made that stunning landscape all the more stunning).

The one thing that surprised me was how late the sun rose. Frequently at 8 am it was barely daylight. Buen camino, and let us know how it goes for you, Laurie

You may see me. I'm starting From Oviedo, sept 4 or 5 and taking it slow, like 3 weeks.

You
Hi, my friend and me will start from Oviede on 4th or 5th September (Don't know exactly when - we arrive to Madrid on 3rd September and we would like to see the town :)) But I guess we will meet somewhere on the way ;)

Most read last week in this forum

I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...
https://www.alojamientoloshospitales.com/albergue I found a link to this place in an old thread, but can't find it on WisePilgrim, the Gronze map or if I search by address. Can someone tell me...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.