• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Purchasing Altus rain poncho in Santiago de Compostela

Kam Wong

Time of past OR future Camino
First attempt Camino Frances (Sep to Nov 2017)
Any idea where I can purchase an Altus rain poncho/jacket when I arrive Santiago de Compostela?
I live in Ottawa of Canada. Can I purchase it somewhere in Canada? No stores stock this in Ottawa. I leave in mid- September to Santiago de Compostela, walking the Camino Inglis and camino Finisterre.
Thank you.

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I haven't seen them in the hiking stores in Santiago.
You can order from this Spanish store and they will ship internationally. I think that their price is very good, and the shipping is reasonable.

There’s a store called La Tienda in Verdun, Québec. This is in Montreal, ie on the Island, on rue Wellington. I got my Altus poncho from them. They have a website, check them out online or head east on the Queensway!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
There’s a store called La Tienda in Verdun, Québec. This is in Montreal, ie on the Island, on rue Wellington. I got my Altus poncho from them. They have a website, check them out online or head east on the Queensway!
Thank you. I will contents them.

Thank you

I bought mine in Trekken and it was delivered to my daughter in Brooklyn in about 10 days. I think it was about 10 more for the shipping.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I live in US and ordered mine from Trekkinn based on Trecile’s recommendation (thanks!) and received within about 10 days. I was never able to find one in Spain on the Norte and Primitivo, so now I have one for my next Camino!

Most read last week in this forum