• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Purchasing Altus rain poncho in Santiago de Compostela

Kam Wong

Time of past OR future Camino
First attempt Camino Frances (Sep to Nov 2017)
Any idea where I can purchase an Altus rain poncho/jacket when I arrive Santiago de Compostela?
I live in Ottawa of Canada. Can I purchase it somewhere in Canada? No stores stock this in Ottawa. I leave in mid- September to Santiago de Compostela, walking the Camino Inglis and camino Finisterre.
Thank you.

Last edited:
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I haven't seen them in the hiking stores in Santiago.
You can order from this Spanish store and they will ship internationally. I think that their price is very good, and the shipping is reasonable.

There’s a store called La Tienda in Verdun, Québec. This is in Montreal, ie on the Island, on rue Wellington. I got my Altus poncho from them. They have a website, check them out online or head east on the Queensway!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
There’s a store called La Tienda in Verdun, Québec. This is in Montreal, ie on the Island, on rue Wellington. I got my Altus poncho from them. They have a website, check them out online or head east on the Queensway!
Thank you. I will contents them.

You can order from this Spanish store and they will ship internationally. I think that their price is very good, and the shipping is reasonable.
Thank you

I bought mine in Trekken and it was delivered to my daughter in Brooklyn in about 10 days. I think it was about 10 more for the shipping.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I live in US and ordered mine from Trekkinn based on Trecile’s recommendation (thanks!) and received within about 10 days. I was never able to find one in Spain on the Norte and Primitivo, so now I have one for my next Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
Hi! I am 15 days out from my Camino, and suddenly my Buen Camino app is crashing every time I try to look at my stages! I have rebooted my phone, done the "restore app" within the app, rebooted...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.